[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1044964566650695680[/tweet]

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Agreed; pay the man! He does nothing but help the defense be better

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":2oia2yvx said:
Close to 30 years old, publicly contemplated retirement and was a distraction last season. No thank you. He is entering the age that he's going to start declining. I think getting what we can for him is the better move, let someone else pay him.

FinNasty

Reaction score
It should have never got to this point. Pay the man...

chris98251

Reaction score
Great his value is high right now, Jerry get your boy to pony that 1st rounder and a 3rd up.

rjas77

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":1j21yy4x said:

Agree that he makes the team better, but, disagree in paying him...IMHO ET has made it clear he wants to move on from the Hawks

Rat

Reaction score
Everybody already knew he was good. That wasn't the issue about paying him.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Time to move him. Earl thinks he is above the team with all these missed practices.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
He also leads the league in pouting while making 10 million per year

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rjas77":28vlcrgy said:
Hawksfan78":28vlcrgy said:

Agree that he makes the team better, but, disagree in paying him...IMHO ET has made it clear he wants to move on from the Hawks
ET wants to get PAID, period!

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
If you are the best at what you do, don’t you deserve to be paid?

94Smith

Reaction score
How old was Ed Reed when he was still All Pro?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3qreo8cy said:
rjas77":3qreo8cy said:
Hawksfan78":3qreo8cy said:

He is. 10 million dollars

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Earl makes the Seahawks better. Pay him.

I don't own the Seahawks, nor do I coach or play for them. What Earl or any other player does or says on and off the field has zero effect on my day to day life. I watch them play because they are entertaining. NFL football is entertainment for me. I have zero investment in this form of entertainment other than a few hours of my life on Game day and money spent on merchandise and tickets. Like any other form of entertainment, I want a good product. Earl playing for the Seahawks gives them the ability to field the best team possible and provides them with the best opportunity to produce a good product (win). I don't care what any other professionals in movies and music do or say behind the scenes, as long as I enjoy what they produce. As long as they aren't physically harming anyone. Why should the Seahawks be different?

Earl makes the Seahawks better. Pay him. It's really that simple. At least it should be.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3mg0ewpf said:

I don't own the Seahawks, nor do I coach or play for them. What Earl or any other player does or says on and off the field has zero effect on my day to day life. I watch them play because they are entertaining. NFL football is entertainment for me. I have zero investment in this form of entertainment other than a few hours of my life on Game day and money spent on merchandise and tickets. Like any other form of entertainment, I want a good product. Earl playing for the Seahawks gives them the ability to field the best team possible and provides them with the best opportunity to produce a good product (win). I don't care what any other professionals in movies and music do or say behind the scenes, as long as I enjoy what they produce. As long as they aren't physically harming anyone. Why should the Seahawks be different?

Earl makes the Seahawks better. Pay him. It's really that simple. At least it should be.

Same was said about kam or avril or bennett before they broken down....sherman hurt in sf.....

rjas77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2j06wjbh said:
rjas77":2j06wjbh said:
Hawksfan78":2j06wjbh said:

Which is why he's made it clear that he wishes to move on from the Seahawks. To which I say...OK...get paid elsewhere cuz recent extensions pretty much shows the Seahawks would be foolish to give him what he wants...

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
rjas77":2q0brsc5 said:
Which is why he's made it clear that he wishes to move on from the Seahawks. To which I say...OK...get paid elsewhere cuz recent extensions pretty much shows the Seahawks would be foolish to give him what he wants...

He's made it clear he's willing to move on. He hasn't made it clear that's what he would prefer most.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3rrr6pq9 said:

Preach! This is why I couldn't care less about Sherman's or Bennett's antics either.

I'd say pay ET, but I can see why we wouldn't want to either. I'm not sure it would even be wise for Dallas to trade for him at this point - they suck and don't look to be playoff bound regardless if ET was playing for them.