Cut Ifedi, Pete did great

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Why can't he fix this? Big situations and he loses his concentration at the worst time and cost us the game. What about the next man up? We need to move on from him.

Pete has us going in the right direction, great game plan today. Pete is showing no respect for the Rams or their record and going after them showing us he expected to win this one. I understand his explanation on the TO, I think he got out coached by the other side at the end.

Back to penalty boy, What is it going to take to fix Ifedi's mistakes? How much longer will Pete put up with this?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Should they cut Fluker too? Fluker had the bigger mistake than Ifedi. Fluker got a holding penalty to take them out of FG range.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The Fluker call was questionable, the Ifedi false start was typical. Ifedi has improved this season but he sometimes lacks brains or discipline.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ifedi was fine. Good even today.

Leaving a TE and RB to block Suh when he was lined up at DE is just dumb. It happened earlier and it's worse than anything Ifedi did.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Ifedi did fine today and that false start called on him was bull crap because the play clock had already run out. It should have been a delay of game.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3flin8tb said:
Should they cut Fluker too? Fluker had the bigger mistake than Ifedi. Fluker got a holding penalty to take them out of FG range.

God no, I saw him take Suh and Donald to the woodshed a couple of times.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
I couldn't tell if we let the clock run to Zero or if Ifedi jumped. Never say a replay.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":16c89mqh said:
Ifedi did fine today and that false start called on him was bull crap because the play clock had already run out. It should have been a delay of game.

Shhhh ppl hate ifedi.

It was on russ or pete. Ifedi jumped as clock hit zero.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Have to clear this up right now.

For once, this one isn't his fault. Watch the play over again and watch the playclock. This should have been delay of game by half a second, but they called false start on Ifedi instead. Technically, the delay of game would have been valid before the false start. See for yourself.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The line is finally starting to play at a league average level — maybe even better — and you want us to cut our starting RT?

The OL was the worst in the NFL for three years because they kept exodussing starters (Unger, Carpenter, Sweezy, Okung, etc) without signing starter-level replacements.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Pete did great? He cost us the game in the end. Lots of bad decisions, and wasted timeouts -- poor clock management.

mikeak

Reaction score
RW clearly (yes CLEARLY) did everything to get the Center to snap the ball and it didn't happen. Ifedi reacted to RW and to the clock hitting zero

Playcall came in late - we already burned one timeout for the same thing

Ifedi has been way better the last few games

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":33hzy40b said:
seahawkfreak":33hzy40b said:

Shhhh ppl hate ifedi.

It was on russ or pete. Ifedi jumped as clock hit zero.
This.

My gawd Ifedi had a great game.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":10ubee9f said:
hawkfan68":10ubee9f said:

God no, I saw him take Suh and Donald to the woodshed a couple of times.

Look at Davis' TD. Fluker drove Suh back and into the ground.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3ibf2lmd said:
Pete did great? He cost us the game in the end. Lots of bad decisions, and wasted timeouts -- poor clock management.

Or did his coaching and game plan actually put the team in a position to pull out a win against the arguably best team in the league??? :?

pmedic920

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3c7kh5pf said:

For once, this one isn't his fault. Watch the play over again and watch the playclock. This should have been delay of game by half a second, but they called false start on Ifedi instead. Technically, the delay of game would have been valid before the false start. See for yourself.

Quoted for truth.

I think Ifedi went with the clock, as he should have.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’m starting to think Ifedi might be the most improved lineman. He certainly had the farthest to go. Everyone else is pretty much playing a bit better and Ifedi seems to be far from the train wreck of last year. The last 3 games we have barely heard his name. The false start was clearly a delay of game penalty and not on him.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":otrr7ht5 said:
vin.couve12":otrr7ht5 said:

Quoted for truth.

I think Ifedi went with the clock, as he should have.

Didn't see that on the clock. I agree he has gotten better, as our whole OL had. Maybe Solari is making a difference? RE Ifedi, It seems the more excited he gets the more likely to jump offside.

I don't think this is lost on opposing teams and perhaps they study Ifedi and his tenancies, then at a crucial point in a game they take advantaged of tit and get the penalty. Not sure if the Ram's did this in scouting us, but it would be a good strategy. While he has improved, I ask if the issues causing him to jump in the past have been resolved or if they are still there and able to be exploited by the opposing team?

Agreed that Fluker and Ifedi man handled the Rams talented DL.

Regarding Pete, yes I question the time out, but I was just happy to be in the game with the Rams after the results of the last time we played them. The running game came to life against a very good defense. We are on the right track it appears.

Schadie001

Reaction score
This was arguably the best performance I have seen from everyone on the OL. They pretty much dominated the touted Rams D in the running game. Any time your offense puts up 31 points you should win the game. The Offense on all levels did their job. This was squarely on our Defenses inability to put pressure on Goff and gave up far too many 15+ yard plays. Defense lost this game. Ifedi and the rest had a dam good game.

Latest posts