Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Russ has regressed as a QB

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:]His line is a ton better than in the past and I think Russell still sees ghosts from time to time. You can see him fighting through that and staying in the pocket longer than usual.

    The OC needs to have more plays to the middle of the field. The TD play to Dickson was fantastic.


    Now there is a reasonable criticism with factual content. I would agree he is fighting through this. And I believe he will prevail in the end.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:09 am
  • oldhawkfan wrote:I think the one thing that has regressed is this fan base.

    I don't like threads like these either but large groups are never represented by the few vocal extreme opinions, particularly when posted on the internet. Consider the contingent of Saints fans who have been calling for Sean Payton to surrender his play calling abilities for four years now, or the Patriots fans in 2017 who wanted Brady benched.

    Russ's first half accuracy seems like a fair topic for discussion to me although I do question whether anybody who thinks this is regression or a new problem has been watching the last six years. He's always needed some time to settle down and get into the game flow and usually makes up for any first quarter misses with big plays in the fourth quarter. Having an effective running game is a huge reason why we've been able to score TDs early in the last few games and I think we're seeing some good synergy from the offense lately.
    User avatar
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3560
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:15 am
  • Regression + too short + game manager = MUST trade

    Happy now?

    Oh forgot: Pete's lousy offense strategy + hiring the wrong OC contributed to Wilson's status.

    Got to be happy now, right?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1336
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:25 am
  • The truth, as it always has been, is somewhere in the middle.

    Russ is not terrible. Although he plays that way at times (as many QB's do)

    Russ is not elite. Although he plays that way...often when we need him the most!!

    I think the thing that sticks out to me is the polar opposites we see with him at times, and maybe that's one reason we see this debate so often. While some QB's have little mini stretches of struggles, Russ seems to either be LIGHTS OUT fantastic, throwing on the run, hitting his receivers in stride, scrambling at just the right moment....or HORRIBLY BAD...whole halves where he holds the ball, overthrows his receivers, makes bad decisions, etc.

    Think back over the years...I mean even the Green Bay NFC championship game where he was as bad as a QB could ever be for 3 and a half quarters and then BOOM...,seemingly out of nowhere magic.

    I know every QB probably has a bit of this, but with Russ, he seems to be very feast or famine. Last night was a perfect example of this.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2201
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:27 am
  • Tusc2000 wrote:Russ is among the top 6 QBs in the league. Put him on a team with a decent O-line and you'd see the difference immediately.

    He had a few bad throws early on last night, but so did future HOF'er Aaron Rodgers.

    Given he's only 29, I'd take Russ over almost anyone in the league. Brady, Rodgers, Ben and Brees are better QBs, but they're also really old.

    Given the OC talent over Russ through most of his career, it is amazing how well he's performed. Look at how Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz regressed when their OC's departed.

    We are very lucky to have Russ. I wish more of you would recognize this.


    Have to add here ^ Brady + Bellicheck ---Rodgers + McCarthy --- Brees + Payton. (not adding Ben cuz I don't believe that he's even remotely "Better" than Wilson)
    What the other aforementioned great Quarterbacks have in common, is that they had Head Coaches that catered to their strengths, and built THE Offenses AROUND them.
    We're seeing Wilson completely readjusting to a new OC's format, and as the head signal caller, he's having to re-skill on the fly.
    I think it's amazing how well & how fast he's been adapting to the changes that's been thrown at him. :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6603
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:32 am

Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:03 pm
  • This crap won't cease with every valley until he retires or grows 4 inches. He has always been held to a higher standard, like no one else has ever missed a read. Height bias is real.
    User avatar
    AVL
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 658
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:11 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:08 pm
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:His line is a ton better than in the past and I think Russell still sees ghosts from time to time. You can see him fighting through that and staying in the pocket longer than usual.

    The OC needs to have more plays to the middle of the field. The TD play to Dickson was fantastic.


    Definitely true. The ghost of Tom Cable is still haunting RW a bit in the back of his mind. I will be interested to see where he is in this area in another two seasons. Wilson experienced 15 years worth of high duress QB pressure compressed into the span of 6 seasons. That is on Cable, and Carroll for being ignorantly loyal to the fable that is Cable.
    Last edited by Fade on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:10 pm
  • Im guessing Wilson must have gotten shorter & whiter throughout the years.
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:33 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Im guessing Wilson must have gotten shorter & whiter throughout the years.


    Nailed it!!!

    Pete outdated offense approach has regressed Wilson so much that he is only 5’7” now, hard to play with platform shoes just to be respectable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1336
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:02 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    bevellisthedevil wrote:His line is a ton better than in the past and I think Russell still sees ghosts from time to time. You can see him fighting through that and staying in the pocket longer than usual.

    The OC needs to have more plays to the middle of the field. The TD play to Dickson was fantastic.


    Definitely true. The ghost of Tom Cable is still haunting RW a bit in the back of his mind. I will be interested to see where he is in this area in another two seasons. Wilson experienced 15 years worth of high duress QB pressure compressed into the span of 6 seasons. That is on Cable, and Carroll for being ignorantly loyal to the fable that is Cable.


    Game winner right there!

    This is what drove me nuts about Pete and his protection of Fable. You could see each year the paranoia in Wilson building as the hits continued. How we escaped him without serious injury is a miracle of it's own.

    The sick part is, Russell saved Cable's job and enabled it to continue with his scrambling ability. Cable would have been gone 2-3 years sooner with any other QB because nobody else could function as a passer under him....period (see Derek Carr about to become David in year 1 right before our eyes !!!!)
    Now Wilson gets to pay the ultimate price working through the ghosts and trying not to worry about saving his own life.

    The people that cut him no slack with the now (and finally) changing conditions are pretty shitty fair weather fans IMO.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:00 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:As the great Dennis Green once said, he is who we thought he was.

    That's Russell. He hasn't regressed, he is who he's always been..............a QB that looks shaky in 80% of first halves and needs to get into rhythm and tempo gaining confidence as the game wears on.

    Exactly what we saw last night. Lots of over and underthrows in the first half not looking very good. Then much better in the 2nd half.


    More exaggerated BS on Wilson. 80% of entire first half? Wrong!

    10-11 in the 2nd quarter yesterday just for starters. :pukeface:


    Last year Russell's completion percentage was a full 10% lower in the first half than 2nd, and he threw 6 first half TD's, compared to 26 in the 2nd half.

    If you can't see that Russell is far sharper and accurate in the 2nd halves of games then he is in the 1st halves, then I don't know what the hell you're watching Seymour.


    You only cited stats from last year though. QB's are fairly variational by half on a year to year basis. I've looked through many years of Drew Brees splits and he has 1 half significantly better than the other many years. Just this year Wilson has better numbers in half 1 vs. 2. Last year was aberrational b/c the gap was so wide but to make it seem like a long time issue doesn't match the stats. Career splits for halves for Wilson do not show a big gap. So last yer yes, very noticeable statistically, outside of that any half to half difference from Wilson was well within the standard variation you'd see from most any QB.
    erik2690
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 309
    Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:56 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:08 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Sure I can. But this is exaggerated after that game where he was 10-11 in the 2nd Q. :177692:.


    Sure, why use Russell's entire seven year career, or entire last full season when you can cherrypick one quarter of one game this year.

    lol, good stuff Seymour.


    Not Cherry Picking. I just posted his SEASON stats by half for Christ sakes. :roll:

    Here is quarter by quarter for Wilson in 2018. Do some homework, or try to remember what you just watched (in 2018) how bout??

    His highest passer rating is 2nd quarter FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON, and by a bunch!!! 75% compl. and 129 passer rating



    So all of a sudden he's an amazing first half passer. Did you not see the first quarter last night where he under and overthrew everyone in sight, including a wide open TD to Doug?

    My statement isn't false because of half a year, or half a game. Russell's always had a much harder time getting in rhythm and tempo in the first half.

    If you think he's miraculously different now, then that's great, but IMO he's always been the same type of QB, and he will continue to struggle more in the first half than second halves of games.......as he showed in the first quarter last night vs 2nd half.

    Which is my entire point, he hasn't regressed, he's played the same as he always has......it's just his margin for error is MUCH MUCH less now during a defensive rebuild.


    LOL, 'stop cherrypicking from one game'..........next post -did you not see that 1 quarter from the game' lol. Again go look up career splits. His 1st halves are not different enough to support these claims. It was true only last year. His rate stats have been better in first halves for 3 of his first 6 seasons and in 2015 his 108 first half passer rating was just beat by his 112 second half rating. Again this narrative of big 1st half struggles only shows up in the stats for 2017. All other years are fairly balanced. I just don't know how you are stating with such authority this 1st vs 2nd half gap when the stats don't match. Here's the career splits. Many first half rate stats actually better. Everything else fairly close. If you dig in deeper I would argue he is actually a 2nd/4th Q QB more than a 2nd half QB. That to me presents a better and more accurate way to frame talk about when he heats up and doesn't. We have to be accurate though and the 2nd Q which is in half 1 has been his second best Q by quite a ways through his career splits.
    Attachments
    Screenshot-2018-11-16 Russell Wilson Career Splits Pro-Football-Reference com.png
    Screenshot-2018-11-16 Russell Wilson Career Splits Pro-Football-Reference com.png (6.74 KiB) Viewed 349 times
    erik2690
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 309
    Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:56 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:30 pm
  • uh, hes currently #3 in TDS thrown this season. On a team that is leading the league in rushing.
    Image
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    User avatar
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2361
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:uh, hes currently #3 in TDS thrown this season. On a team that is leading the league in rushing.


    Yep, very impressive. Like hitting 40 HRs, but you only get 400 ABs to do it, instead of the typical 550 for a middle of the lineup hitter.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:49 pm
  • Tusc2000 wrote:Russ is among the top 6 QBs in the league. Put him on a team with a decent O-line and you'd see the difference immediately.He had a few bad throws early on last night, but so did future HOF'er Aaron Rodgers.

    Given he's only 29, I'd take Russ over almost anyone in the league. Brady, Rodgers, Ben and Brees are better QBs, but they're also really old.

    Given the OC talent over Russ through most of his career, it is amazing how well he's performed. Look at how Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz regressed when their OC's departed.

    We are very lucky to have Russ. I wish more of you would recognize this.

    He has a better than decent line this year so that excuse is over..
    When he sandlots out of the pocket,no line can do much for him.
    He is staying in the pocket more so the line can do it's job.. :2thumbs:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4054
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:00 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:uh, hes currently #3 in TDS thrown this season. On a team that is leading the league in rushing.



    You throw to score but you run to win.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 645
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:39 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Tusc2000 wrote:Russ is among the top 6 QBs in the league. Put him on a team with a decent O-line and you'd see the difference immediately.He had a few bad throws early on last night, but so did future HOF'er Aaron Rodgers.

    Given he's only 29, I'd take Russ over almost anyone in the league. Brady, Rodgers, Ben and Brees are better QBs, but they're also really old.

    Given the OC talent over Russ through most of his career, it is amazing how well he's performed. Look at how Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz regressed when their OC's departed.

    We are very lucky to have Russ. I wish more of you would recognize this.

    He has a better than decent line this year so that excuse is over..
    When he sandlots out of the pocket,no line can do much for him.
    He is staying in the pocket more so the line can do it's job.. :2thumbs:


    The film on obvious passing downs doesn’t show that at all. The Rams especially exposed that. Our O-line succeeds on passing downs when the defense isn’t sure what to expect. That does not compare to the great passing teams in the league that have better pass protection. Like the Rams

    Now rushing? We arguably have the best rushing blocking O-line in the league. Helps when the defense is also worried about Wilson on read options, or Lockett on Jet sweeps. Schotty is doing a solid job making our pass blocking look better than it is with certain schemes at times, something Bevell couldn’t do
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 897
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:06 pm
  • On pace for:

    66% comp% (2nd highest of career)
    3500 yards (4th highest)
    8.8 adjusted yards per attempt* (2nd highest)
    37 TDs (highest)
    8 ints (tied for 2nd lowest)
    110.2 QB rating (highest)

    *pfref stat doesn’t include GB game

    People are just blind sided or fickle about some key mistakes at the worst times and a few missed opportunities that led to failed comebacks or this team could easily be 7-3, 8-2. Russ is Russellin’
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3287
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm
  • Wtf is wrong with some of you ? How is he not elite? Literally every stat says he is.... Its like you people only live in a bubble ..... Brady, Rodgers, brees.... All have had terrible games, terrible throws etc...... And none of them have " carried" a team anywhere.... They have had help every year they have won a sb.... Which of course brees and Rodgers have the same number of those as Russ..... We would be the bills without Russ.
    User avatar
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:35 pm
  • ducks41468 wrote:I love how even after a game in which he played well and led a game-winning drive the only posts you see on this site are still about how bad he sucks. I think at this point this fanbase almost deserves 10+ years of QB incompetence like the Bills or Jets just to add some perspective. Then again, those same fans like the OP will bail at the first sign of true adversity.

    Also, here's a little tidbit I found on reddit last night after the game:

    "Rodgers' has been doing this for years and its a big reason I've defended McCarthy (to an extent). Rodgers frequently and consistently ignores the easy throws his offense gives him to freelance. No one is willing and/or able to get him to just move the chains when he needs to at times. Easily his biggest fault as a QB."

    It's filled with Packer fans complaining about how Rodgers, arguably the best pure QB of all time, is flawed and costing the team games. Imagine that! Players aren't perfect! They struggle and have bad games sometimes where they throw for fewer than 500 yards and 7 TDs. Our fanbase needs to pull its head out of its ass.



    Where the heck is the like button!!! :2thumbs:
    LTH
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:41 pm
  • .net Wilson haters...

    1st half
    Erin Rodgers he is goat...

    Wilson not worth the money, too short, not black enough

    2nd half
    Watches Erin takes bad sacks, hold the ball, cant make the big plays when needed...Not so clutch after all. No score...Praise him for having awesome throws in 1st half.

    Wilson comes up clutch with 3rd down conversion. Makes the game winning td drive.

    Goes .net to post, Wilson is not elite.
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:40 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    bevellisthedevil wrote:His line is a ton better than in the past and I think Russell still sees ghosts from time to time. You can see him fighting through that and staying in the pocket longer than usual.

    The OC needs to have more plays to the middle of the field. The TD play to Dickson was fantastic.


    Definitely true. The ghost of Tom Cable is still haunting RW a bit in the back of his mind. I will be interested to see where he is in this area in another two seasons. Wilson experienced 15 years worth of high duress QB pressure compressed into the span of 6 seasons. That is on Cable, and Carroll for being ignorantly loyal to the fable that is Cable.


    Game winner right there!

    This is what drove me nuts about Pete and his protection of Fable. You could see each year the paranoia in Wilson building as the hits continued. How we escaped him without serious injury is a miracle of it's own.

    The sick part is, Russell saved Cable's job and enabled it to continue with his scrambling ability. Cable would have been gone 2-3 years sooner with any other QB because nobody else could function as a passer under him....period (see Derek Carr about to become David in year 1 right before our eyes !!!!)
    Now Wilson gets to pay the ultimate price working through the ghosts and trying not to worry about saving his own life.


    The people that cut him no slack with the now (and finally) changing conditions are pretty shitty fair weather fans IMO.


    I was very entertained here on .NET during this period watching clowns defend Cable & Bevell because they were winning games, and me trying to explain to them that they were winning in spite of them. They couldn't understand the logic as they over simplified it and boiled it down to winning = automatically good coaching. Ha ha ha.

    Nobody misses those two. Nobody.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:04 pm
  • Russell Wilson has 23 TDs & 110.2 Passer Rating

    Aaron Rodgers has 19 TDs & 102.2 Passer Rating

    Tom Brady has 17 TDs & 94.7 Passer Rating


    How does the "Elite" Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady have lower production than the glorified game manager in Russell Wilson?

    Aaron Rodgers also has an Elite Pass Rush Defense (The Pack led the league in Sacks going into the game), a very good O-Line, a good, young runningback.

    And he can't even manage a winning record.

    Give Russell Wilson all of that and he would go to the superbowl every year.

    Aaron Rodgers may possess the greatest skill set a QB has ever had, but his attitude is trash, and he loses far more than he should. Mike McCarthy will get the axe, but the next guy won't do any better. Aaron Rodgers is a point the finger at everybody else kind of guy.

    I will cut Tommy some slack, as he is 41 years old, and has 5 superbowls.

    These threads need to Stahp. The people creating them don't know what elite is. Since 2015 Russell Wilson's passing numbers hang with the best in the sport. That is with Tom Cable O-Lines, and not even factoring Wilson in as a runner where he absolutely destroys these guys..

    STAHP!!
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:28 pm
  • I think one of the reasons people think that Russ has regressed is because the flash is gone. He still uses his legs to get out of trouble but still runs into to trouble 1 or 2 times a game. A few years ago, he was more dangerous of a runner than a passer. He is evolving into a better traditional QB. He will never be that guy again that keeps a run option and jukes everyone on the field and stiff arm a linebacker into the turf after running 20 yards for the score. That is not his style anymore.

    People are going to miss the fact that he isn't that type of QB anymore. He is in it for longevity and growth as a qb while giving his team the best chance to win. He isn't a flash in the pan like Kaep, Vick, or Kordell Stewart. He is a former 3rd round pick that was too short to be considered as a traditional QB and he has tailored his game to be exactly that.

    I am also going to assume that people who bash Wilson don't remember the plethora of Hall of fame QB's the Seahawks went through in the nineties.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    User avatar
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1244
    Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 pm
    Location: davenport


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:49 pm
  • Fade wrote:Russell Wilson has 23 TDs & 110.2 Passer Rating

    Aaron Rodgers has 19 TDs & 102.2 Passer Rating

    Tom Brady has 17 TDs & 94.7 Passer Rating


    How does the "Elite" Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady have lower production than the glorified game manager in Russell Wilson?

    Aaron Rodgers also has an Elite Pass Rush Defense (The Pack led the league in Sacks going into the game), a very good O-Line, a good, young runningback.

    And he can't even manage a winning record.

    Give Russell Wilson all of that and he would go to the superbowl every year.

    Aaron Rodgers may possess the greatest skill set a QB has ever had, but his attitude is trash, and he loses far more than he should. Mike McCarthy will get the axe, but the next guy won't do any better. Aaron Rodgers is a point the finger at everybody else kind of guy.

    I will cut Tommy some slack, as he is 41 years old, and has 5 superbowls.

    These threads need to Stahp. The people creating them don't know what elite is. Since 2015 Russell Wilson's passing numbers hang with the best in the sport. That is with Tom Cable O-Lines, and not even factoring Wilson in as a runner where he absolutely destroys these guys..

    STAHP!!


    YEP! Very beautifully said! :2thumbs:

    LTH
    LTH
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 pm
  • Fade wrote:Russell Wilson has 23 TDs & 110.2 Passer Rating

    Aaron Rodgers has 19 TDs & 102.2 Passer Rating

    Tom Brady has 17 TDs & 94.7 Passer Rating


    How does the "Elite" Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady have lower production than the glorified game manager in Russell Wilson?

    Aaron Rodgers also has an Elite Pass Rush Defense (The Pack led the league in Sacks going into the game), a very good O-Line, a good, young runningback.

    And he can't even manage a winning record.

    Give Russell Wilson all of that and he would go to the superbowl every year.

    Aaron Rodgers may possess the greatest skill set a QB has ever had, but his attitude is trash, and he loses far more than he should. Mike McCarthy will get the axe, but the next guy won't do any better. Aaron Rodgers is a point the finger at everybody else kind of guy.

    I will cut Tommy some slack, as he is 41 years old, and has 5 superbowls.

    These threads need to Stahp. The people creating them don't know what elite is. Since 2015 Russell Wilson's passing numbers hang with the best in the sport. That is with Tom Cable O-Lines, and not even factoring Wilson in as a runner where he absolutely destroys these guys..

    STAHP!!


    People don't let facts get in the way of their stupid opinions
    User avatar
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:51 pm
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:I think one of the reasons people think that Russ has regressed is because the flash is gone. He still uses his legs to get out of trouble but still runs into to trouble 1 or 2 times a game. A few years ago, he was more dangerous of a runner than a passer. He is evolving into a better traditional QB. He will never be that guy again that keeps a run option and jukes everyone on the field and stiff arm a linebacker into the turf after running 20 yards for the score. That is not his style anymore.

    People are going to miss the fact that he isn't that type of QB anymore. He is in it for longevity and growth as a qb while giving his team the best chance to win. He isn't a flash in the pan like Kaep, Vick, or Kordell Stewart. He is a former 3rd round pick that was too short to be considered as a traditional QB and he has tailored his game to be exactly that.

    I am also going to assume that people who bash Wilson don't remember the plethora of Hall of fame QB's the Seahawks went through in the nineties.


    He is playing back at his 2016 weight, he also got hurt that year as well, but he was chunkier. He worked with a speed coach in the off-season, slimmed down in 2017 and got his wheels back.

    2018 he bulked up again. He could easily shed ten pounds, and get some of that quickness back, but yes he will never be the young Russ ever again, but that is okay because the great ones always find a way. His stats this year speak for themselves.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:16 pm
  • Russ's speed is the only thing that has regressed.. and I'd like to see him about 15 lbs lighter now that he has a line that can block.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:00 am
  • 66% completion percentage..which is his highest mark for a season, but he is missing throws more often.
    User avatar
    niveky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 554
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:58 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:27 am
  • I love Wilson, and I do rate him highly, but there's no question that he's an inconsistent quarterback. The people who love him, myself included, have reason to rate him highly and some of the throws and plays he can make are unbelievable, but then there's an aspect to his game which baffles everyone, Wilson included. Think about the missed pass to Baldwin. No high level QB should be missing that pass and in 99% of cases, it's a touchdown, yet Wilson has periods in games where he's so far beneath his own level. I think the difference between him at his best and worst is the biggest in the league and the strange thing about Wilson is that, unlike bad QBs, he doesn't have weeks where he's poor, he just has parts of a games where he misses very easy throws but, like the best QBs, he's capable of hitting some unbelievable throws too.

    I can't say enough about Wilson, I love him and would never want to lose him as a Seahawk, but he has issues to fix. These stats about him in the 4th are great but the other 3 quarters should be similar and in games like this, or the famous NFC Championship game against the Packers, they just aren't. Wilson needs to find more consistency; it's not a physical issue, it's mental and we need him on his best all the time because THAT Wilson is very much elite and near unstoppable.
    User avatar
    BoltonWanderer
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 21
    Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:41 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:35 am
  • BoltonWanderer wrote:I love Wilson, and I do rate him highly, but there's no question that he's an inconsistent quarterback. The people who love him, myself included, have reason to rate him highly and some of the throws and plays he can make are unbelievable, but then there's an aspect to his game which baffles everyone, Wilson included. Think about the missed pass to Baldwin. No high level QB should be missing that pass and in 99% of cases, it's a touchdown, yet Wilson has periods in games where he's so far beneath his own level. I think the difference between him at his best and worst is the biggest in the league and the strange thing about Wilson is that, unlike bad QBs, he doesn't have weeks where he's poor, he just has parts of a games where he misses very easy throws but, like the best QBs, he's capable of hitting some unbelievable throws too.

    I can't say enough about Wilson, I love him and would never want to lose him as a Seahawk, but he has issues to fix. These stats about him in the 4th are great but the other 3 quarters should be similar and in games like this, or the famous NFC Championship game against the Packers, they just aren't. Wilson needs to find more consistency; it's not a physical issue, it's mental and we need him on his best all the time because THAT Wilson is very much elite and near unstoppable.


    Inconsistent? You do realize he has the second highest career passer rating right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2687
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:43 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    BoltonWanderer wrote:I love Wilson, and I do rate him highly, but there's no question that he's an inconsistent quarterback. The people who love him, myself included, have reason to rate him highly and some of the throws and plays he can make are unbelievable, but then there's an aspect to his game which baffles everyone, Wilson included. Think about the missed pass to Baldwin. No high level QB should be missing that pass and in 99% of cases, it's a touchdown, yet Wilson has periods in games where he's so far beneath his own level. I think the difference between him at his best and worst is the biggest in the league and the strange thing about Wilson is that, unlike bad QBs, he doesn't have weeks where he's poor, he just has parts of a games where he misses very easy throws but, like the best QBs, he's capable of hitting some unbelievable throws too.

    I can't say enough about Wilson, I love him and would never want to lose him as a Seahawk, but he has issues to fix. These stats about him in the 4th are great but the other 3 quarters should be similar and in games like this, or the famous NFC Championship game against the Packers, they just aren't. Wilson needs to find more consistency; it's not a physical issue, it's mental and we need him on his best all the time because THAT Wilson is very much elite and near unstoppable.


    Inconsistent? You do realize he has the second highest career passer rating right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Because he can be a brilliant QB, and as I said several times in that post, he can play at a level which is unstoppable.

    The problem is, Wilson is capable of a perfect passing rating (as he's done this season) and capable of perfect quarters (as he's also done this season) but then he's also capable of having quarters where he misses very simple throws, holds onto the ball for too long and makes poor decisions. That's why I called him inconsistent because he is, factually, inconsistent. You can be inconsistent and overall very good, it's just that if Wilson was more consistent, he'd be evem better.

    That's not to deny his potential and ability because nobody can deny it, he can be arguably the most unstoppable QB in the league when he's on form, but he can be awful too.
    User avatar
    BoltonWanderer
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 21
    Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:41 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 am
  • Russell’s first half inaccuracies in that one game were not characteristic of him at all. Trying to use that small sample to define him as a QB is shortsighted.

    What was characteristic was the way he closed out the game in elite fashion.

    He has improved facets of his game every single season. He has never been more efficient than this season. He has never been better in the red zone. He has never been better on play action. He has never been better against the blitz. He is one of the best in the NFL at all those things.

    He’s accomplishing this improvement with easily the worst receiver corps of his career. He’s finding his footing with a new play caller. He is becoming increasingly good as a pocket passer. His identification of defenses and use of audibles are the most advanced they have ever been. That is one of the changes that has aided in his improvement, in addition to the improved offensive line.
    Last edited by hawknation2018 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2846
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:27 am
  • BoltonWanderer wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    BoltonWanderer wrote:I love Wilson, and I do rate him highly, but there's no question that he's an inconsistent quarterback. The people who love him, myself included, have reason to rate him highly and some of the throws and plays he can make are unbelievable, but then there's an aspect to his game which baffles everyone, Wilson included. Think about the missed pass to Baldwin. No high level QB should be missing that pass and in 99% of cases, it's a touchdown, yet Wilson has periods in games where he's so far beneath his own level. I think the difference between him at his best and worst is the biggest in the league and the strange thing about Wilson is that, unlike bad QBs, he doesn't have weeks where he's poor, he just has parts of a games where he misses very easy throws but, like the best QBs, he's capable of hitting some unbelievable throws too.

    I can't say enough about Wilson, I love him and would never want to lose him as a Seahawk, but he has issues to fix. These stats about him in the 4th are great but the other 3 quarters should be similar and in games like this, or the famous NFC Championship game against the Packers, they just aren't. Wilson needs to find more consistency; it's not a physical issue, it's mental and we need him on his best all the time because THAT Wilson is very much elite and near unstoppable.


    Inconsistent? You do realize he has the second highest career passer rating right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Because he can be a brilliant QB, and as I said several times in that post, he can play at a level which is unstoppable.

    The problem is, Wilson is capable of a perfect passing rating (as he's done this season) and capable of perfect quarters (as he's also done this season) but then he's also capable of having quarters where he misses very simple throws, holds onto the ball for too long and makes poor decisions. That's why I called him inconsistent because he is, factually, inconsistent. You can be inconsistent and overall very good, it's just that if Wilson was more consistent, he'd be evem better.

    That's not to deny his potential and ability because nobody can deny it, he can be arguably the most unstoppable QB in the league when he's on form, but he can be awful too.



    Absolutely no player in the league or arguably any human in history is consistently their best at all times. That's too high a bar.

    I wouldn't say Russells lows and highs are that disparate as you suggest. His worst is never as bad as Hasselbecks or Kriegs lows. His best is at an elite level neither of those QB's attained. There is a reason we are in virtually every game Wilson plays. When we start routinely getting blown out I might worry more. But he's good enough to have us in every game at the end even when he's clearly off his rhythm.

    This year he's been probably his most consistent or at least since game 3 of the season. Just never expect a player to be his best self every moment of every game. Especially when a lot of times Russell has been doing it all by himself.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 645
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 am
  • BoltonWanderer wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    BoltonWanderer wrote:I love Wilson, and I do rate him highly, but there's no question that he's an inconsistent quarterback. The people who love him, myself included, have reason to rate him highly and some of the throws and plays he can make are unbelievable, but then there's an aspect to his game which baffles everyone, Wilson included. Think about the missed pass to Baldwin. No high level QB should be missing that pass and in 99% of cases, it's a touchdown, yet Wilson has periods in games where he's so far beneath his own level. I think the difference between him at his best and worst is the biggest in the league and the strange thing about Wilson is that, unlike bad QBs, he doesn't have weeks where he's poor, he just has parts of a games where he misses very easy throws but, like the best QBs, he's capable of hitting some unbelievable throws too.

    I can't say enough about Wilson, I love him and would never want to lose him as a Seahawk, but he has issues to fix. These stats about him in the 4th are great but the other 3 quarters should be similar and in games like this, or the famous NFC Championship game against the Packers, they just aren't. Wilson needs to find more consistency; it's not a physical issue, it's mental and we need him on his best all the time because THAT Wilson is very much elite and near unstoppable.


    Inconsistent? You do realize he has the second highest career passer rating right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Because he can be a brilliant QB, and as I said several times in that post, he can play at a level which is unstoppable.

    The problem is, Wilson is capable of a perfect passing rating (as he's done this season) and capable of perfect quarters (as he's also done this season) but then he's also capable of having quarters where he misses very simple throws, holds onto the ball for too long and makes poor decisions. That's why I called him inconsistent because he is, factually, inconsistent. You can be inconsistent and overall very good, it's just that if Wilson was more consistent, he'd be evem better.

    That's not to deny his potential and ability because nobody can deny it, he can be arguably the most unstoppable QB in the league when he's on form, but he can be awful too.


    Name a QB who doesn't do those things?
    User avatar
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1622
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:46 am
  • Name a game we’ve lost because the offense couldn’t score this season? I can name 5 we lost because the defense didn’t stiffen up early enough in the game. The bottom line, under Pete Carroll... if the opponent scores over 27 points, out odds of winning are close to zero. Good thing he finds a way to coach up a great defense.

    None of these losses are on Russ or the offense. They did their job and put points on the board.

    Backs may score touchdowns, but linemen and defense wins championships.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2687
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:46 am
  • And guess who has the highest 4th qtr passing rating of all time? He doesn't play for green bay or England
    User avatar
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:19 am
  • It’s becoming clearer that there is a definite faction of Seahawks fans who won’t be satisfied unless the QB is absolutely perfect on every play, every throw, every game. I’m thinking these are the same people who never ever have an off day at their job or in their life. The Seahawks have one of the best QBs playing the game. Enjoy the ride and be thankful!
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1831
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:21 am
  • oldhawkfan wrote:It’s becoming clearer that there is a definite faction of Seahawks fans who won’t be satisfied unless the QB is absolutely perfect on every play, every throw, every game. I’m thinking these are the same people who never ever have an off day at their job or in their life. The Seahawks have one of the best QBs playing the game. Enjoy the ride and be thankful!


    Right? We could have Rick Mirer back


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2687
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:02 am
  • oldhawkfan wrote:It’s becoming clearer that there is a definite faction of Seahawks fans who won’t be satisfied unless the QB is absolutely perfect on every play, every throw, every game. I’m thinking these are the same people who never ever have an off day at their job or in their life. The Seahawks have one of the best QBs playing the game. Enjoy the ride and be thankful!


    I mean, that's a very good goal for any QB to have internally. But for fans to expect it or won't be satisfied by much less? It's hard to even interact with another person stuck on that cause what do you say even? "You're making more of a lack of consistency and perfection than you should" or "The team still has a ton of room for improvement even without what you're hoping for at QB"
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3310
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:57 am
  • FlyHawksFly wrote:
    BoltonWanderer wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    BoltonWanderer wrote:I love Wilson, and I do rate him highly, but there's no question that he's an inconsistent quarterback. The people who love him, myself included, have reason to rate him highly and some of the throws and plays he can make are unbelievable, but then there's an aspect to his game which baffles everyone, Wilson included. Think about the missed pass to Baldwin. No high level QB should be missing that pass and in 99% of cases, it's a touchdown, yet Wilson has periods in games where he's so far beneath his own level. I think the difference between him at his best and worst is the biggest in the league and the strange thing about Wilson is that, unlike bad QBs, he doesn't have weeks where he's poor, he just has parts of a games where he misses very easy throws but, like the best QBs, he's capable of hitting some unbelievable throws too.

    I can't say enough about Wilson, I love him and would never want to lose him as a Seahawk, but he has issues to fix. These stats about him in the 4th are great but the other 3 quarters should be similar and in games like this, or the famous NFC Championship game against the Packers, they just aren't. Wilson needs to find more consistency; it's not a physical issue, it's mental and we need him on his best all the time because THAT Wilson is very much elite and near unstoppable.


    Inconsistent? You do realize he has the second highest career passer rating right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Because he can be a brilliant QB, and as I said several times in that post, he can play at a level which is unstoppable.

    The problem is, Wilson is capable of a perfect passing rating (as he's done this season) and capable of perfect quarters (as he's also done this season) but then he's also capable of having quarters where he misses very simple throws, holds onto the ball for too long and makes poor decisions. That's why I called him inconsistent because he is, factually, inconsistent. You can be inconsistent and overall very good, it's just that if Wilson was more consistent, he'd be evem better.

    That's not to deny his potential and ability because nobody can deny it, he can be arguably the most unstoppable QB in the league when he's on form, but he can be awful too.


    Name a QB who doesn't do those things?



    True every QB has bad moments.

    But he has a point. Russ has really, REALLY bad stretches. And really REALLY great stretches.

    I think most elite QB's are more steady, with an occasional bad throw or mistake mixed in, whereas Russ can be inexplicably horrible for long stretches of a game and then suddenly seems to turn it on and is an absolute stud on the field.

    As fans, its ok to admit this. This tendency to say WELL WE COULD HAVE DAN MCGWIRE!!!! every time somebody dares to point out a frustrating part of his game is ridiculous. Most of us appreciate Russ, but he can be frustrating to watch when he is in a bad stretch and our offense sputters for quarters and halves at a time as a result.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2201
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:01 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:
    BoltonWanderer wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Inconsistent? You do realize he has the second highest career passer rating right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Because he can be a brilliant QB, and as I said several times in that post, he can play at a level which is unstoppable.

    The problem is, Wilson is capable of a perfect passing rating (as he's done this season) and capable of perfect quarters (as he's also done this season) but then he's also capable of having quarters where he misses very simple throws, holds onto the ball for too long and makes poor decisions. That's why I called him inconsistent because he is, factually, inconsistent. You can be inconsistent and overall very good, it's just that if Wilson was more consistent, he'd be evem better.

    That's not to deny his potential and ability because nobody can deny it, he can be arguably the most unstoppable QB in the league when he's on form, but he can be awful too.


    Name a QB who doesn't do those things?



    True every QB has bad moments.

    But he has a point. Russ has really, REALLY bad stretches. And really REALLY great stretches.

    I think most elite QB's are more steady, with an occasional bad throw or mistake mixed in, whereas Russ can be inexplicably horrible for long stretches of a game and then suddenly seems to turn it on and is an absolute stud on the field.

    As fans, its ok to admit this. This tendency to say WELL WE COULD HAVE DAN MCGWIRE!!!! every time somebody dares to point out a frustrating part of his game is ridiculous. Most of us appreciate Russ, but he can be frustrating to watch when he is in a bad stretch and our offense sputters for quarters and halves at a time as a result.



    Can be frustrating true, can be exhilarating as well, McGwire was never Exhilarating.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25425
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:41 pm
  • I could be wrong but I am sure I remember a post by the author in say 2012 that was that "Russ Wilson was the worst QB that he had ever seen and that he had seen them all". Or something like that.

    Another poster I remember actually used the quote as part of his signature tag. I would assume this has an influence on the belief that Russ has regressed.

    Now having said that Seabowl I too lately have been feeling frustrated over the last couple of games with him not throwing the ball away and the same weak things that have always been part of his game seem to be glaring.

    However the whole new scheme is a dry and boring brand of ball but Wilson is commanding it really quite well even though I have been yelling at the screen on every sack that is on him. I can see how it would look like regression watching him this year but he actually is playing well, just doesn't seem to be as improvisational and elusive as in the past which tricks us.

    Lots of others have posted stats that proves our eyes are lying to us.

    Don't think he is regressing but he has not nor ever will evolve into the way a Brady or others plays the game from the pocket. He is what he is and I think this team would look a lot worse than it does if not for RW3.
    Down Under Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 32
    Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 9:35 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:45 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:
    BoltonWanderer wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Inconsistent? You do realize he has the second highest career passer rating right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Because he can be a brilliant QB, and as I said several times in that post, he can play at a level which is unstoppable.

    The problem is, Wilson is capable of a perfect passing rating (as he's done this season) and capable of perfect quarters (as he's also done this season) but then he's also capable of having quarters where he misses very simple throws, holds onto the ball for too long and makes poor decisions. That's why I called him inconsistent because he is, factually, inconsistent. You can be inconsistent and overall very good, it's just that if Wilson was more consistent, he'd be evem better.

    That's not to deny his potential and ability because nobody can deny it, he can be arguably the most unstoppable QB in the league when he's on form, but he can be awful too.


    Name a QB who doesn't do those things?



    True every QB has bad moments.

    But he has a point. Russ has really, REALLY bad stretches. And really REALLY great stretches.

    I think most elite QB's are more steady, with an occasional bad throw or mistake mixed in, whereas Russ can be inexplicably horrible for long stretches of a game and then suddenly seems to turn it on and is an absolute stud on the field.

    As fans, its ok to admit this. This tendency to say WELL WE COULD HAVE DAN MCGWIRE!!!! every time somebody dares to point out a frustrating part of his game is ridiculous. Most of us appreciate Russ, but he can be frustrating to watch when he is in a bad stretch and our offense sputters for quarters and halves at a time as a result.


    Ask how Packers fans are feeling right now... Bad stretchs happen to all QBs, even the greats.
    User avatar
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1622
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:04 pm
  • Wilson is on pace for the best statistical season of his career and we literally have a thread with the title "Wilson has regressed as a QB" at the top of the board... This is Seattle it rains half of the year, we're not a fair weather fan base, pull up your boots and support your undersized goofy not black enough QB.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1435
    Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:36 pm
  • BoltonWanderer wrote:I love Wilson, and I do rate him highly, but there's no question that he's an inconsistent quarterback. The people who love him, myself included, have reason to rate him highly and some of the throws and plays he can make are unbelievable, but then there's an aspect to his game which baffles everyone, Wilson included. Think about the missed pass to Baldwin. No high level QB should be missing that pass and in 99% of cases, it's a touchdown, yet Wilson has periods in games where he's so far beneath his own level. I think the difference between him at his best and worst is the biggest in the league and the strange thing about Wilson is that, unlike bad QBs, he doesn't have weeks where he's poor, he just has parts of a games where he misses very easy throws but, like the best QBs, he's capable of hitting some unbelievable throws too.

    I can't say enough about Wilson, I love him and would never want to lose him as a Seahawk, but he has issues to fix. These stats about him in the 4th are great but the other 3 quarters should be similar and in games like this, or the famous NFC Championship game against the Packers, they just aren't. Wilson needs to find more consistency; it's not a physical issue, it's mental and we need him on his best all the time because THAT Wilson is very much elite and near unstoppable.


    This post is so categorically wrong I cannot believe I am reading it.

    You can set your watch to Russell Wilson.

    +60%
    30+ TDs (Running & Throwing)
    10 INTS
    100 Passer Rating
    500 Yards Rushing

    He is the model of consistency. The 2nd Highest rated passer of All-Time.

    2012 - 100.0 Passer Rating
    2013 - 101.2 Passer Rating
    2014 - 95.0 Passer Rating
    2015 - 110.1 Passer Rating
    2016 - 92.6 Passer Rating (Injured Season w/ankle & MCL tear. 32nd Ranked O-Line via PFF, only 259 yds rushing.)
    2017 - 95.6 Passer Rating
    2018 - 110.2 Passer Rating (Already has 227 yards rushing in 10 games. Further context to how hurt he was in 2016.)

    Matt Ryan is inconsistent.

    2012 - 99.1 Passer Rating
    2013 - 89.6 Passer Rating
    2014 - 93.9 Passer Rating
    2015 - 89.7 Passer Rating
    2016 - 117.1 Passer Rating
    2017 - 91.4 Passer Rating
    2018 - 113.2 Passer Rating

    He has only posted a 100% passer rating 2 times in his much longer career. Most seasons he was in the low 90's.

    Or have a laugh and look at Cam Newton as a passer. That is inconsistent.


    I am going to create a new thread to bury this stupidity once and for all.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:15 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:
    BoltonWanderer wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Inconsistent? You do realize he has the second highest career passer rating right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Because he can be a brilliant QB, and as I said several times in that post, he can play at a level which is unstoppable.

    The problem is, Wilson is capable of a perfect passing rating (as he's done this season) and capable of perfect quarters (as he's also done this season) but then he's also capable of having quarters where he misses very simple throws, holds onto the ball for too long and makes poor decisions. That's why I called him inconsistent because he is, factually, inconsistent. You can be inconsistent and overall very good, it's just that if Wilson was more consistent, he'd be evem better.

    That's not to deny his potential and ability because nobody can deny it, he can be arguably the most unstoppable QB in the league when he's on form, but he can be awful too.


    Name a QB who doesn't do those things?



    True every QB has bad moments.

    But he has a point. Russ has really, REALLY bad stretches. And really REALLY great stretches.

    I think most elite QB's are more steady, with an occasional bad throw or mistake mixed in, whereas Russ can be inexplicably horrible for long stretches of a game and then suddenly seems to turn it on and is an absolute stud on the field.

    As fans, its ok to admit this. This tendency to say WELL WE COULD HAVE DAN MCGWIRE!!!! every time somebody dares to point out a frustrating part of his game is ridiculous. Most of us appreciate Russ, but he can be frustrating to watch when he is in a bad stretch and our offense sputters for quarters and halves at a time as a result.



    Can I just say...and I’m not just trying to argue or refusing to admit it. But I really think this is HIGHLY inaccurate. It really goes to show that most people go based off perception or stereotypes, and not reality. The idea that Brady, Rodgers, or even Brees don’t make really bad throws, or miss WIDE OPEN guys is kind of an insult to football knowledge. Of course they do, unless they’re having an outlier year. Implying that they never do is just mythologizing these QBs. What is happening a lot here is confirmation bias. If you always had doubts about Russ as a QB, his mistakes will stick out to you. It will be retweeted, and discussed ad-nauseam. Confirmation bias will also allow us to flat out ignore when some of these QBs sulk, and behave like poor team mates (Brady, Rodgers). We can all leave with a different opinion here, but we’re never going to see eye to eye on here if we pretend these things are unique to Wilson and that other elite QBs don’t miss wide open guys. Try to let the stereotype go

    I do not think Russ is better than Brady or Rodgers yet..but I believe he’s at least number 3 or 4. That said, I think Russ is the only one that can carry a team to 9 or 10 wins when everything is falling apart around him. In a year when he’s not learning a new system. I don’t think any of the QBs supposedly above Wilson gets us to 9-7 last year, for example. Maybe Rodgers, but his record on the road is terrible
    Last edited by Scorpion05 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 897
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: Russ has regressed as a QB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:17 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    BoltonWanderer wrote:I love Wilson, and I do rate him highly, but there's no question that he's an inconsistent quarterback. The people who love him, myself included, have reason to rate him highly and some of the throws and plays he can make are unbelievable, but then there's an aspect to his game which baffles everyone, Wilson included. Think about the missed pass to Baldwin. No high level QB should be missing that pass and in 99% of cases, it's a touchdown, yet Wilson has periods in games where he's so far beneath his own level. I think the difference between him at his best and worst is the biggest in the league and the strange thing about Wilson is that, unlike bad QBs, he doesn't have weeks where he's poor, he just has parts of a games where he misses very easy throws but, like the best QBs, he's capable of hitting some unbelievable throws too.

    I can't say enough about Wilson, I love him and would never want to lose him as a Seahawk, but he has issues to fix. These stats about him in the 4th are great but the other 3 quarters should be similar and in games like this, or the famous NFC Championship game against the Packers, they just aren't. Wilson needs to find more consistency; it's not a physical issue, it's mental and we need him on his best all the time because THAT Wilson is very much elite and near unstoppable.


    This post is so categorically wrong I cannot believe I am reading it.

    You can set your watch to Russell Wilson.

    +60%
    30+ TDs (Running & Throwing)
    10 INTS
    100 Passer Rating
    500 Yards Rushing

    He is the model of consistency. The 2nd Highest rated passer of All-Time.

    2012 - 100.0 Passer Rating
    2013 - 101.2 Passer Rating
    2014 - 95.0 Passer Rating
    2015 - 110.1 Passer Rating
    2016 - 92.6 Passer Rating (Injured Season w/ankle & MCL tear. 32nd Ranked O-Line via PFF, only 259 yds rushing.)
    2017 - 95.6 Passer Rating
    2018 - 110.2 Passer Rating (Already has 227 yards rushing in 10 games. Further context to how hurt he was in 2016.)

    Matt Ryan is inconsistent.

    2012 - 99.1 Passer Rating
    2013 - 89.6 Passer Rating
    2014 - 93.9 Passer Rating
    2015 - 89.7 Passer Rating
    2016 - 117.1 Passer Rating
    2017 - 91.4 Passer Rating
    2018 - 113.2 Passer Rating

    He has only posted a 100% passer rating 2 times in his much longer career. Most seasons he was in the low 90's.

    Or have a laugh and look at Cam Newton as a passer. That is inconsistent.


    I am going to create a new thread to bury this stupidity once and for all.


    Fantastic post man! Who are you like super stat man?

    LTH
    LTH
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information