Bad Luck: 5 fumbles 0 recoveries

seabowl

Reaction score
I truly thought that with all the chances we blew to recover any of the five fumbles that the football God's were trying to tell us that they wouldn't let us win today. Miraculously with all that against us the win still was the outcome. Not many games like this do I ever remember us winning.

These are the wins good teams pull out of their ass. Nice to see.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I thought the same. If we got at least a couple it changes the game. Oh well the gods were beat today.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Ken Norton, Jr. made are to emphasize that it was “all about the ball” before the last defensive stand.

When the football is loose, they need to attack it like it’s the last drumstick on Thanksgiving.

Seymour

Reaction score
I really just love the fact that Scam had one of his best days, and McCaffrey absolutely shredded us and we still won with just one pick. It had to leave Cam reaching for towly. :twisted:

Tenor

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Eventually the odds will match up ...creating those opportunities is huge alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calinator

Reaction score
Hardly any of them maybe 1 or 2 the Hawks had a chance at, just bad bounces right to the Panthers.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah really frustrating part of the game but at least we still came out on top.

chris98251

Reaction score
Unlucky bounces this week and still won, next time we may get the good bounces when we need them and be happier for them. Take it when it's offered up, losing 5 fumble chances and the game we would have been really disappointed with our inability to capitalize on these chances.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I figured we would finally get a recovery on the Panther's last drive, but instead we got Trey Flowers' shoestring tackle play and Graham Ganot's missed field goal. Flowers play was worth one fumble recovery and the gift of Ganot's miss was worth another fumble recovery. In the grand cosmic scheme of the breaks of the game.

Also I'd consider some of our red zone stops to be "we guessed right" breaks that are worth a fumble recovery or two. Add to that McDougald's pick... WOW.

I'll take the W with a big sigh of relief and appreciation (marvel) for all the key plays the 'Hawks made in this highly entertaining game. Damn, wasn't this game so much more fun to watch than the schlock we suffered through the two prior years??!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Amen. This is the game historically-speaking the Seahawks lose 9-out-of-10 times. 10am East Coast game, against a very good team who hasn't lost a home game in the past 10 games...They threw everything at us. Norv Turner is no joke as an OC. Yes, we gave up too many yards and our gap control was garbage today but at the end of the day we stopped them when we had to.

To be in "transition" with this much youth and have these wins? I am seriously floored.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1z7ceve1 said:
Unlucky bounces this week and still won, next time we may get the good bounces when we need them and be happier for them. Take it when it's offered up, losing 5 fumble chances and the game we would have been really disappointed with our inability to capitalize on these chances.

Late in the 4th I kept thinking exactly that. What if we pick up one or two of those fumbles?? Complete game changer. I was almost as relieved as I was ecstatic that we pulled this one out. Now I can move forward with the.knowledge that we are getting better at popping that ball loose and eventually the ball will bounce our way but we still have enough offense to win when it doesn’t bounce our way

olyfan63

Reaction score
kidhawk":5vwtyqeg said:
Late in the 4th I kept thinking exactly that. What if we pick up one or two of those fumbles?? Complete game changer. I was almost as relieved as I was ecstatic that we pulled this one out. Now I can move forward with the.knowledge that we are getting better at popping that ball loose and eventually the ball will bounce our way but we still have enough offense to win when it doesn’t bounce our way

I was more thinking that poetic justice would be that we FINALLY recover fumble #6 and it winds up being the game-decider. Sort of like the Green Bay NFCCG where Russell gets picked 4 times, mostly on throws to Kearse, and then winning in OT with that TD throw. THAT was poetic justice.
I'll settle for justice in the form of the missed FG by Ganot.

I just had this feeling we were going to find a way at the end, like that ugly win vs. the Cardinals in AZ.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, well, even though we didn't get the ball, whenever they drop the ball, it puts that little bit of doubt in their minds. It tends to disrupt their play for a bit and makes them go through their ball security mantra in the huddle.

Carolina had to know they were playing on borrowed time anyway, with all those bounces going their way, and they still couldn't capitalize. They're snake-bit when they play us, and they know it. :twisted:

olyfan63

Reaction score
If they didn't know the snake-bit thing before, for sure they do now.

mikeak

Reaction score
calinator":spt6txoc said:
Hardly any of them maybe 1 or 2 the Hawks had a chance at, just bad bounces right to the Panthers.

That would be the bad luck part

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
5 flippen times, not one recovery. We should be so lucky. Incredibly lucky breaks for the Panthers all day long. Even though the D did get shredded, they were forcing fumbles. Still can't believe not one of them was recovered.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
And how about the punt to the backside of the Panther receiver? A few inches in any direction and it makes contact with him, providing one more opportunity for a recovery.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
With each one, the frustration grew. It started out as "damn, almost had that one" and quickly worked in to "are you effin kidding me right now?"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Don't forget the punt that bounced through the dudes legs and miraculously didn't touch any part of his leg or foot.

95 times out of 100 that has to hit a part of him right?

Crazy.........and if we would have lost we'd be burning this mother down with not recovering one of those fumbles and the punt bounce.

Positive sign is at least we're back to creating those chances.