The Cardinals

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I know we have already clinched a playoff spot, but I for one would really like to see us kick the Cardinals ass this Sunday.

The Cardinals have beaten us four out of the last five games in Century Link, and three straight. Granted, we exert similar dominance in their stadium (actually, even more pronounced for us - we haven't lost in Arizona since Russell Wilson's rookie season in 2012).

LAST 5 GAMES IN SEATTLE
2017 - Cardinals 26, Seahawks 24 (thanks Walsh for missing the GW FG attempt)
2016 - Cardinals 34, Seahawks 31
2015 - Cardinals 39, Seahawks 32
2014 - Seahawks 19, Cardinals 3
2013 - Cardinals 17, Seahawks 10

It's time to turn the tide.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. The Cardinals don't fear us at home and why should they? Granted, this is a much different team than with Palmer at QB and Arians as HC. Even as bad as they really are it would be extremely foolish for anyone to underestimate a division rival who knows how to beat us at home.

Wilson and company need to remain in assassin mode.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Aros":f8ov268t said:
Agreed. The Cardinals don't fear us at home and why should they? Granted, this is a much different team than with Palmer at QB and Arians as HC. Even as bad as they really are it would be extremely foolish for anyone to underestimate a division rival who knows how to beat us at home.

Wilson and company need to remain in assassin mode.

Yes sir.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, and it's the opposite when we go out there. Very strange to say the least. Time to whip that a**

MrThortan

Reaction score
Divisional opponents always worry me, even when they are the worst team in the league. Glad we took care of business last weekend, so win or lose I can relax... just a little. Would be great to head into the first playoff game with the momentum of dominating the Cardinals.

sutz

Reaction score
QFT. Winning this game is mandatory IMHO. Winning it decisively would be a big plus going into the playoffs.

Anything less would dissipate a lot of the momentum we have built up over the last 5-6 games.

We need to put the Cards down. Hell, half of them probably already shipped their gear home and won't even fly back to Arizona. Just do it.

D

DomeHawk

Cardinals had given up the season a while ago. They want the highest draft position possible. The game will be over by the first quarter.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Arizona is last place in basically every category on defense, and last place in rushing.

If we can't handily beat this team at home regardless of the past several seasons, we'll probably be one and done in the playoffs anyways.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hope the players don't look at it as many here do, mailed it in, nothing to fear, don't care about the game. These guys are playing against a division rival, many working to keep a job based on the record.

Some people never learn that robot score generators and measuring pride are a lot different, continue with your Madden and Play off projections though, keeps the economy moving.

Steve2222

Reaction score
chris98251":15ueguf7 said:
Hope the players don't look at it as many here do, mailed it in, nothing to fear, don't care about the game. These guys are playing against a division rival, many working to keep a job based on the record.

Some people never learn that robot score generators and measuring pride are a lot different, continue with your Madden and Play off projections though, keeps the economy moving.

The Cardinals have been our Achilles heal the past whatever seasons in Seattle. I can assure you every player that has been around those years realize this, and as such, will not take the Cards lightly. You know Pete is bringing this up at every meeting, film session, and practice.

Zeearend

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":p0ajscug said:
I'll take a W, don't really care by how much. Though a blowout would be very nice.

I agree, we need a W. Keep momentum going and make sure we play in Dallas not Chicago. Don't care by how much, although another scorigami would be fun.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I would love to see Pete go for the 6-1 victory at some point. I would hate however that they were only able to score once.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
It would be nice to get ahead far enough that the backups can play in the 4q and BB Dickson can drop kick a 3 pointer. Beating a division opponent in humiliating fashion is always a good time

kinesmajor

Reaction score
Vegas has us as 2 Td favorites. Always a trap game with a spread like that. But I’d love to see us roll through them like we were doing in Russell’s rookie year. 58-0!

pmedic920

Reaction score
The Cardinals game is a “must win”!!!!

I’ve already pulled the trigger on some really expensive tickets.

We still have a possibility of having to go to Chicago, my tickets won’t work in Chicago.

Personal reasons sure but this game is a “must win”

Lol
:{)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":28fcez8g said:
I know we have already clinched a playoff spot, but I for one would really like to see us kick the Cardinals ass this Sunday.

The Cardinals have beaten us four out of the last five games in Century Link, and three straight. Granted, we exert similar dominance in their stadium (actually, even more pronounced for us - we haven't lost in Arizona since Russell Wilson's rookie season in 2012).

LAST 5 GAMES IN SEATTLE
2017 - Cardinals 26, Seahawks 24 (thanks Walsh for missing the GW FG attempt)
2016 - Cardinals 34, Seahawks 31
2015 - Cardinals 39, Seahawks 32
2014 - Seahawks 19, Cardinals 3
2013 - Cardinals 17, Seahawks 10

It's time to turn the tide.

What's more, their 2013, 2016, and 2017 wins were all in December.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This has all the makings of a textbook letdown game.

- big win over the Chiefs
- secured playoff spot

Kind of reminded me of the last big game after beating the Vikings where we were kinda feeling our oats and puffing our chest out.

So I hope a lesson was learned and we don't see another sloppy flat effort like we did against the Niners. Because like the Niners, the Cards will be treating this game like their Superbowl.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ewpjhju said:
This has all the makings of a textbook letdown game.

- big win over the Chiefs
- secured playoff spot

Kind of reminded me of the last big game after beating the Vikings where we were kinda feeling our oats and puffing our chest out.

So I hope a lesson was learned and we don't see another sloppy flat effort like we did against the Niners. Because like the Niners, the Cards will be treating this game like their Superbowl.

Word. This is on coaching and leadership of veterans on the team. I am hopeful that we got this. :2thumbs: