The Cardinals

SeaWolv

Reaction score
sutz":1y0xb3kn said:
QFT. Winning this game is mandatory IMHO. Winning it decisively would be a big plus going into the playoffs.

I agree with both points. I would rather see the Hawks play the #9 defense in the warmer confines of AT&T Stadium than the #1 defense on frozen Soldier Field.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fapvfvw said:
This has all the makings of a textbook letdown game.

- big win over the Chiefs
- secured playoff spot

Kind of reminded me of the last big game after beating the Vikings where we were kinda feeling our oats and puffing our chest out.

So I hope a lesson was learned and we don't see another sloppy flat effort like we did against the Niners. Because like the Niners, the Cards will be treating this game like their Superbowl.

I don’t think so. Maybe if Seattle dominates the Cardinals at home. Like I said, all these players know their struggles with this team at home. They won’t be overlooking them, especially with the seeding at stake. Also, Arians is no longer with Arizona, Josh Rosen has regressed mightily this season, they’re the lowest ranked rushing team in the league, every starter on their OL is a backup at this point, and they rank last in pass defense.

SF is a tough team at home and the refs had a tight whistle on us all game Week 15. I don’t think that game was a let down at all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Steve2222":33ifov4i said:
SF is a tough team at home and the refs had a tight whistle on us all game Week 15. I don’t think that game was a let down at all.

No, not a let down in terms of effort..........but certainly a let down in terms of focus. We played sloppy and undisciplined in SF.

Just saying this has the makings of the same type of game, less talented divisional opponent that wants to get under our skin and try to get us to play down to their level.

I agree the Cards aren't as talented as the Niners. But I can still see this being a VERY ugly nonsense type of game where another lack of focus will result in a much closer game then it should be.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1n6dgb4h said:
Steve2222":1n6dgb4h said:

No, not a let down in terms of effort..........but certainly a let down in terms of focus. We played sloppy and undisciplined in SF.

Just saying this has the makings of the same type of game, less talented divisional opponent that wants to get under our skin and try to get us to play down to their level.

I agree the Cards aren't as talented as the Niners. But I can still see this being a VERY ugly nonsense type of game where another lack of focus will result in a much closer game then it should be.

As long as we enter the playoffs healthier than we are today, I don't care about the outcome. I'd rather take a healthy team to Chicago, than a beat up team to Dallas.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":28p5gib9 said:
Sgt. Largent":28p5gib9 said:
Steve2222":28p5gib9 said:

As long as we enter the playoffs healthier than we are today, I don't care about the outcome. I'd rather take a healthy team to Chicago, than a beat up team to Dallas.

Health is definitely priority #1.

Doubt we'll see guys like Fluker, Sweezy, and if Penny's ready to go very little of Carson.

Pete doesn't rest his starters, but I betcha the inactive list will be quite large on Sunday.

Latest posts