Kickers are killing Seattle

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3nj8eqep said:
If Seabass hits the FG we win by 1. What is it with losing via kicker?

That was a 58 yard field goal, MOST kickers in the NFL do not hit that with any regularity.

It was a prayer, don't forget they missed one too.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1371a1kj said:
falcongoggles":1371a1kj said:

That was a 58 yard field goal, MOST kickers in the NFL do not hit that with any regularity.

It was a prayer, don't forget they missed one too.
Janikowski is really good at those long kicks as well, better than most kickers in this area. Janikowski was a league average kicker.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The 58 yarder? Pretty rare that folks make that. I don’t even like that we played it on offense to take that shot. It was ridiculous, very low percentage. Oh and sea bass is an old ass man.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Yeah one all pro and the other will likely retire as one of the best to ever do it.

minormillikin

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1oazytss said:

You can't actually believe this. You think if he hits the FG, making it 10-9, every other thing afterward would be the same in the game?

Maybe the Seahawks would have won, maybe they would have lost by more.

There's no way to know how the game would have gone if he made that kick. Keep in mind the 8 we got at the end was partially the result of soft defense by the Cowboys, protecting a 10 point lead with a few minutes left in the game. That touchdown probably wouldn't have happened.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We brought in an aging kicker that was hurt last year.

Surprisingly, he ended up hurt in a playoff game.

I am so sick of this team trying to save money by making stupid moves that screw us. Reminds me of when we got rid of our LS to bring in some other guy that was garbage but could run better to play better ST coverage. Carroll jockeying for some advantage screwed us, our line because a sieve causing our kicker to miss kicks and we lost Haush money to (Buffalo?).

It isn't the kickers killing us, but stupid decisions by the GM and HC ABOUT ST that is the problem.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hmm our opponent missed a 58 yard fg so no us missing one didn't cost game.

We don't go for 2 with a healthy kicker so would have been down more instead. Ironically

potatohead

Reaction score
I always like the guys that just add three points and never expect the rest of the game to unfold any differently with those points on the board.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
potatohead":2c5thf6z said:
I always like the guys that just add three points and never expect the rest of the game to unfold any differently with those points on the board.

Lol right? Like if Janikowski makes the PAT we beat the 49ers

John63

Reaction score
Yeah that was long I dont put that on him

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
John63":urra0ten said:

I do. Indoors during the playoffs. 5yrs ago Seabass makes this. His age caught up with him. What I don't put on him is not having a backup kicker on the roster after his earthquake fall to the ground. Even my wife was like... "wow someone didn't think that one through."

BeanieHawk

Reaction score
SeaBass needs to retire...he is old and let's just say a couple of M&M's from his jersey busting at the seems! I'm not mad at him for pulling his hammy on the attempt but earlier a few games ago vs. San Fran when he didn't even attempt to stop that kick return. He is a football player first and foremost and they need to prevent the other team from scoring!

If I am the front office, I cut him before the 2019 season and either draft or get a new kicker in free agency! We got lucky with Dickson and I'm sure there are plenty of up and coming kickers this year! We can't afford to lose games by missing field goals! I don't care if we spend a 4th rounder or better on a kicker because when it comes down to it...kickers are more important than we give them credit for!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Isn't Seabass only signed for this year only?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BeanieHawk":2ygyfkb9 said:
SeaBass needs to retire...he is old and let's just say a couple of M&M's from his jersey busting at the seems! I'm not mad at him for pulling his hammy on the attempt but earlier a few games ago vs. San Fran when he didn't even attempt to stop that kick return. He is a football player first and foremost and they need to prevent the other team from scoring!

If I am the front office, I cut him before the 2019 season and either draft or get a new kicker in free agency! We got lucky with Dickson and I'm sure there are plenty of up and coming kickers this year! We can't afford to lose games by missing field goals! I don't care if we spend a 4th rounder or better on a kicker because when it comes down to it...kickers are more important than we give them credit for!

WE got CAmmed?

Indyhawk...yes he is only on for this year. Signed a one year deal.

And above.....only one MnM would pop his buttons. So glad they have him on a diet. :mrgreen:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, he’s done, and he knows it too.

Too bad the last thing you did in football was to strain your hamstring trying to kick a FG which he missed.

Jville

Reaction score
Roster Churn! Bring it on.

SeaBass was highly entertaining but I'm already anticipating a change ..... a new wrinkle on kicking entertainment.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A 58 yarder is far from automatic.

They do need to find a good young consistent out of college kicker that will be cheap for a few years.
Enough of the retreads. Got lucky with Haush$$$ but have missed with the next 2.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":26xx8494 said:
John63":26xx8494 said:

I do. Indoors during the playoffs. 5yrs ago Seabass makes this. His age caught up with him. What I don't put on him is not having a backup kicker on the roster after his earthquake fall to the ground. Even my wife was like... "wow someone didn't think that one through."

Silly post. Their kicker missed a 58 yarder too. Name a kicker who kicks those consistently I will wait

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dickson is a rockstar punter, but I'm over the experimental onside drop kicks.

We're not privy to his success rate on the drop pooch kicks in practice, but if it's not 50%+ hitting it to the right spot, I don't ever need to see them again. Just do it the normal way and we'll take our chances. To mishit them when we desperately need them to e executed properly is brutal to watch.