Welcome Back Net Nation

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":68zo7tmm said:
Any Seahawks news the last 5 days?
Russell Wilson is still too short and not elite enough.
:stirthepot:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":19xsdi1m said:
Can someone tell me what happened with Steve Hutchinson in the end? Did he sign his deal? Sorry I'm a bit out of the loop.

sutz

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":6153co0g said:
Hawkstorian":6153co0g said:
Russell Wilson is still too short and not elite enough.
...and wants a new contract...now.

:snack:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Holy hell, that was a rough few days. Good news is Tony learned a lot as we did it by our selves this time! I have to say as I'm not as technical as my Co-Owner he did all the build and compiling. I am glad it is finally over.

There was massive amounts of communication, between Tony, myself, and our host that caused substantial delays. like I submitted the ticket and they didn't put him in the email chain as I asked. Then they started putting him in the loop but on the email where they wanted to make sure we saved the backup to the external drive it went to the wrong email. Tony and I miscommunicated and we had them wipe everything out.... took us a few days to figure out what happened and he was trying things to recover the backups and finally the night shift tech came back online and he had saved a copy of the backup or move it to a different folder. Anyhow, being down for this long sucked, and I was extremely stressed out as it never happens at a good time or me. At least this time I wasn't on a work road trip for a major acquisition.

Sorry all for the delay, I think we learned a lot and it will help us drastically reduce the downtime in the future to what you are used to and what Neal "Anguish" was able to do.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Funny thing is how many time I automatically or even compulsively clicked to view the site when I knew it was down.

I missed the place I guess.

News = Russell’s ultimatum deal needed by the 15th, plus team visits with numerous players including a blast from the past, Taylor Mays. No new signings. All kinds of talking heads speculating about Wilson’s plans. Silly season is on for real.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I've been counting the days until I could get on here and start arguing again with people I'll never meet.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1wfg02zo said:
I've been counting the days until I could get on here and start arguing again with people I'll never meet.

and I'm sure they missed you too

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Many thanks to you both for getting things up and going again!

I am sort of glad I don’t know much of anything about servers, but realize how dependent we can become on others who do, thanks to them, and realize that maybe I should learn more. Without detail what happened to crash the server?

Once again thanks for the hard work to restore the site.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I saw that one of the test pages mentioned that it runs on Linux from Red Hat, and said to myself "Well, this may not ever get fixed..."

That's from bitter experience with Red Hat Linux, which caused me to reflexively reject all versions and iterations of Linux until eternity. Screw that inherently unstable and barely-useable crap.

:x :rumble:

sdog1981

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the hard work to get this place back up and running. Seahawks fan life is just not the same without talking to you lot about this team.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wenhawk":24x72vth said:
MontanaHawk05":24x72vth said:

and I'm sure they missed you too

Oh, I doubt that. :D

WillySchu

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2g2i1c5n said:
I saw that one of the test pages mentioned that it runs on Linux from Red Hat, and said to myself "Well, this may not ever get fixed..."

That's from bitter experience with Red Hat Linux, which caused me to reflexively reject all versions and iterations of Linux until eternity. Screw that inherently unstable and barely-useable crap.

:x :rumble:

Oh boy, and people think that the arguments about _football_ on here are petty, just wait until I give you my opinion on this...

:p

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every time I tried to get on dot net, we would all likely be enjoying drinks on me :irishdrinkers:
Really glad to see things back up. Thx for getting is sorted.

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL glad you were able to sort thru everything and get her going again, funny thing is, one thing goes wrong and it breaks the world for us, we are such creatures of routines and repetition. Now just think if our power grid went down for a month or more.........................

It would be a ugly world out there.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it would be funny to have a collective mosaic visual of all the times all of us kept trying that bookmark button. Like compulsively hitting the street cross button or elevator button multiple times, lol. Glad to see the soothing blue and green on my screen again.

As an aesthetic aside, and you guy's might already know this but the fonts in the top menu and headers are not correct. It seems like the old fonts were replaced with Times Roman regular or similar.