Any word on how Lynch looked this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I am hoping he is now in full game shape but I was at CES all week and haven't heard a thing.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
He is going to be much better, the guy needed to get a couple preseason games in, take some hits and get his legs moving with the play call. Lynch is the one thing that could really change the outlook of this game.

xray

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":12d8wjxx said:
He is going to be much better, the guy needed to get a couple preseason games in, take some hits and get his legs moving with the play call. Lynch is the one thing that could really change the outlook of this game.

He is going to be much better ? ;)

John63

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":27dmguca said:

Unfortunately you are right but the change might not be in a good way.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing play, he is good friends with Aaron and I am sure would love to have the last word in their match ups in the NFL team to team.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
just a gut feel but I think this is the week they unleash the beast. I don't think they thought the run game was going to get them anything vs the eagles, and the way Cox played it wouldn't have so they game planned around Russ and just threw the backs in to keep the eagles honest. I think this week with everybody expecting all the weight to fall on Russ's shoulders, we are gonna see a big breakout run game. I think we see more beast than we have and it is going to catch the pack unprepared.

John63

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3rvvauik said:
just a gut feel but I think this is the week they unleash the beast. I don't think they thought the run game was going to get them anything vs the eagles, and the way Cox played it wouldn't have so they game planned around Russ and just threw the backs in to keep the eagles honest. I think this week with everybody expecting all the weight to fall on Russ's shoulders, we are gonna see a big breakout run game. I think we see more beast than we have and it is going to catch the pack unprepared.

I have some land in Siberia I would like to sell you. Its PC everyone I cludung my 3 year old granddaughter knows he wants to run, we would not surprise anyone.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
John63":33m575dt said:
flmmkrz":33m575dt said:

I have some land in Siberia I would like to sell you. Its PC everyone I cludung my 3 year old granddaughter knows he wants to run, we would not surprise anyone.

nothing we have shown in the weeks since Carson went down has indicated we can run the ball, nobody is stacking the box on us expecting Homer and Beast to have massive days. Most teams would be game planning on Russ, maybe your 3 year old granddaughter can explain to you the realities of our current situation and how game plans adjust

907Hawk

Reaction score
John63":vtksy6gx said:
flmmkrz":vtksy6gx said:

Hey man, you should take a walk, and not come back. Go Hawks!
:irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
With our O-line problems, I'm gonna go wtih "run blocking is generally easier than pass blocking" and agree for the most part.

I don't expect 150 yards rushing, but if we can get to 75-90 yds or so, the play action might start to work. Trying to get Russ 3 seconds in the passing game will be a challenge. I'll expect a lot of rollouts.

I don't expect miracles from Beast Mode. He'll play hard, of course, but if he get 65 yards we should probably be happy. And if Homer can get to the edge, maybe he can make some people miss with his quicks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
907Hawk":26g9b00w said:
John63":26g9b00w said:
flmmkrz":26g9b00w said:

Hey man, you should take a walk, and not come back.
We keep hoping....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hey John63:

..........the Packers will probably dare the Seahawks to run. (If they do) the Seahawks will have to prove they can, at least to a certain extent. Anyone who doesn’t like this needs to realize one point. A year ago some of you complained Seattle played into Dallas’ hands by running into a defensive wall determined to take away the running game. If the Packers are determined to take away the deep pass and contain Wilson’s scrambling in this game, wouldn’t aiming to throw into thick coverage over and over again be making the same mistake?

Quoted from Rob Staton because I couldn't have said it better myself

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3lxi9j5i said:
Hey John63:

..........the Packers will probably dare the Seahawks to run. (If they do) the Seahawks will have to prove they can, at least to a certain extent. Anyone who doesn’t like this needs to realize one point. A year ago some of you complained Seattle played into Dallas’ hands by running into a defensive wall determined to take away the running game. If the Packers are determined to take away the deep pass and contain Wilson’s scrambling in this game, wouldn’t aiming to throw into thick coverage over and over again be making the same mistake?

I think the biggest takeaway here, and the thing that frustrated me in Dallas last year, is that Seattle needs to do better at making adjustments when they see what the defense is giving them.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":to0ip4d6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":to0ip4d6 said:
Hey John63:

I think the biggest takeaway here, and the thing that frustrated me in Dallas last year, is that Seattle needs to do better at making adjustments when they see what the defense is giving them.
That I cannot argue. Pete has even said they stayed with the run too long in the Dallas game. However, Seattle dropped back 40 times last week and ran 17. They took what the defense gave them. If GB gives them the run, which Philly did not, the first time we gain 1 yard the screaming about "Pete ball" will immediately begin on our Gameday Forum and Seahawks twitter.

John63

Reaction score
flmmkrz":15wn53uj said:
John63":15wn53uj said:
flmmkrz":15wn53uj said:

nothing we have shown in the weeks since Carson went down has indicated we can run the ball, nobody is stacking the box on us expecting Homer and Beast to have massive days.⁷ Most teams would be game planning on Russ, maybe your 3 year old granddaughter can explain to you the realities of our current situation and how game plans adjust

My point was, I will explain again, against the eagles we did not come out with a plan for Wilson to do what he did. He was forced to do it because PCs original and normal game plan of run at all cost and throw long was not working. Now if you think that PC ever had a game plan from start to finish built around Wilson as the main focal point I still have that land and If you think we have a chance in hell if winning based on the old run at all cost throw long with our # 4 rb, and 2 guys off the street and 2-3 missing starting oline that land is still available.

As most teams game planning on Wilson ahh duh he is the best player on offense and the only one who scares the other team. The problem is game planning to stop him and stopping him are 2 different things if we are running Wilson's offense. So you are clear what I mean by Wilson's offense it is the changing tempo, layered routes quick passing offense. Oh and my granddaughter understood so you should too.

John63

Reaction score
907Hawk":2wvgjtyd said:
John63":2wvgjtyd said:
flmmkrz":2wvgjtyd said:

Hey man, you should take a walk, and not come back. Go Hawks!
:irishdrinkers:

Hey I heard that one in 3rd grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.