We are who we are as a team

jeremiah

Reaction score
It was a very successful year all in all. We have horrible talent at many key spots, really 4 stars, just 15-20 solid NFL starters on the entire roster, and at least 6 were on the DL or badly hobbled for the last few weeks. The O line is old, slow and injury prone. The LB's are older and could use a different scheme. With all that said, we nearly went 13-3, and down to the last drive in the quarterfinals of the championship. This is a victory for the fans. It was a great year, an exciting year. Now we need to hope for a rebuilt and strengthened roster. May Pete coach the Defense and craft the roster. It is time for a different type of Offense. Like that we watched in the second half today. Roll outs, throwing on the run, get the D gassed then mix in the power running.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
The team, in my opinion, can best be described as undefined or inconsistent.

The Seahawks know what they want to be; a run first, smash mouth defense with a mantra of "Always Compete", but these are labels of yesterday year. Truth is the team as a whole is such an enigma that it's always shifting at what it's strengths and weaknesses are, but that's been the Seahawks all year. I mean, the team was predicted to be a 6-10 team, but finished 11-5 and had a legitimate shot of being the number 1 seed, but then they shift and looking into how they lost or won and you scratch your head. 4-4 at home? 7-1 on the road? Huh. There were games where the defense looked great and more where it looked terrible. An offense that could score at will, but only when it was the second half. An MVP candidate quarterback that teams are legitimately afraid of, but we'll keep running up the gut with a 4th string back. A man (Pete) that can define a create a football culture, but seemingly gets lost or unwilling to change when that culture itself changes.

In the end, I guess what I'm saying is that the Seahawks are hard to pinpoint. For every defining attribute there always seems to be a but or level of uncertainty.

Latest posts