Seahawks Rumor Yannick Ngakoue trade

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seahawks linked to Yannick Ngakoue trade talk by NFL Insider

FL insider Tony Pauline is reporting that the Seahawks are indeed interested in Ngakoue. That should come as no surprise because Pete Carroll and John Schneider seem to be involved in at least exploring any attractive options that present themselves in trade. That said, the question, of course, becomes what would the compensation required be that could bring Ngakoue to Seattle?

Damn.. give up another 1st?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This is just helping drive the price up.

Of course, I said that with Olsen.

James in PA

Reaction score
That dude is a beast. Giving up a low 1st for a young, proven player like that at a position we badly need to upgrade? I say go for it. The Hawks would probably end up trading down or reaching with that pick anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polk738

Reaction score
I'd be fine with it, unless you want another guy like LJ Collier on the team? Yannick is a proven talent, a first rounder is not, especially in the Seahawks case.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think this is under the assumption they let Clowney go. I wonder if Pete actually prefers him to Clowney.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Yes, the Seahawks are terrible at using the first round picks anyways.

Ngakoue is only 24 years old.

He still has a lot of years!

And he’s proven and consistent.

Ngakoue is better than any pass rusher they can pick with number 27 anyways.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yannick is a bit overrated. I'd much rather have Clowney. Unless, of course, we're operating under the goal of signing both Yannick AND Clowney, which is... a dangerously sexy duo of pass rushers.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Interesting...seems like posturing to show Clowney we are not backing up the Brinks truck as we have other options.

Yannick 5yr $100m -1sr or 2nd Rd pick or Clowney 5 yr $125m

Of course if they can fit both in the cap I’d be amazed and ecstatic.

massari

Reaction score
Clowney put up a better pressure %/rate stats, and a higher pass rush win rate than Ngakoue despite getting doubled more. Surround him with the talent Ngakoue had last season, he likely gets a similar amount of sacks. All that while being far superior against the run.

The undersized, slower, less explosive athlete Ngakoue is also only 2 years younger than Clowney. Keep hearing his age brought up like it's some major difference.

Ngakoue wants $22M APY. If they're willing to give him that much, just pay Clowney and keep the draft capital.

sutz

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2bptd7n7 said:
Yes, the Seahawks are terrible at using the first round picks anyways.
They're pretty good at turning 1st rd picks into 2-4 other picks. :twisted:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What I saw was the Hawks sending a 2nd round pick and then the teams swapping the Hawks 1st for the Jags 2nd (Shadow from this site sent it to me) It came from Tony Pauline. Don't kill the messenger, I'm just passing on a different rumor.

The latest rumor comes from Pro Football Network’s NFL insider Tony Pauline. In his latest mailbag, Pauline stated he has heard rumors regarding the Jaguars and Seattle Seahawks, with the Seahawks being the team pursuing Ngakoue.

“I’ve been told by a very good source that the Seahawks would like to acquire Yannick Ngakoue via trade,” Pauline said. “My sources tell me they believe compensation would include something like a second-round selection and possibly a situation where the Seahawks swap their pick in round one for the Jags pick in the second round.”

In this scenario the Jaguars would acquire one of the Seahawks’ second-round picks, either 59th or 64th overall, and the Jaguars would trade their second-round pick, 42nd overall, for the Seahawks’ first-round pick, 27th overall.
This would give the Jaguars 11 total picks in the draft, including three in the first round.

kf3339

Reaction score
Ngakoue, 41st and 59th picks would be excellent! He is going to get paid by someone and fills a major need. I would do that deal right now!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. I can't see any way the Hawks trade a 1st rounder for him. Swapping their 1st for the Jags' 2nd, along with one of our two 2nd rounders? Absolutely.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":v9n091lc said:
No doubt. I can't see any way the Hawks trade a 1st rounder for him. Swapping their 1st for the Jags' 2nd, along with one of our two 2nd rounders? Absolutely.
Yeah, that part of it is sounding reasonable. What won't be 'reasonable' will be the salary demands. ;)

2_0_6

Reaction score
From the various boards I read yesterday, the "potential" deal was the Hawks 1st rounder this year and a 2021 2nd rounder for Yannick and the Jags 2020 2nd rounder. I would not touch this deal at all. Give up a first, AND have to pay a large deal? No thanks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2_0_6":1bs7vxv0 said:
From the various boards I read yesterday, the "potential" deal was the Hawks 1st rounder this year and a 2021 2nd rounder for Yannick and the Jags 2020 2nd rounder. I would not touch this deal at all. Give up a first, AND have to pay a large deal? No thanks.

I read on Twitter it was one of our 2nd rounders plus switching our 1st for the Jag's 2nd, which would move them up 13 spots from the 2nd round back into the first.

Either way it's obvious that Pete and John are seriously kicking the tires on Ngakoue, as well they should. He's younger, a true edge rusher and has a clean health history.

So if you're debating on whether to give a big extension/contract to Clowney or a player like Ngakoue? You're gonna lean towards Ngakoue, even if it means giving up draft capital...........and you might be able to sign him to a lesser deal than Clowney.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, exactly what I was told as well. This seems WAY more realistic.

“I’ve been told by a very good source that the Seahawks would like to acquire Yannick Ngakoue via trade,” Pauline said. “My sources tell me they believe compensation would include something like a second-round selection and possibly a situation where the Seahawks swap their pick in round one for the Jags pick in the second round.”

In this scenario the Jaguars would acquire one of the Seahawks’ second-round picks, either 59th or 64th overall, and the Jaguars would trade their second-round pick, 42nd overall, for the Seahawks’ first-round pick, 27th overall. This would give the Jaguars 11 total picks in the draft, including three in the first round.