Five Seahawks named to All-Decade Team

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1hswqsve said:
Cirmman":1hswqsve said:
Legend Kam Chancellor robbed
Beat me to it.
Man should be there.

It's a pretty hard list to make. Not surprised if he's on it or not.

Just so we're clear: they picked two coaches: Belechick and Carroll.

Anyway, here's the pretty material:

EU7tRmfUcAEzPITformatjpgnamelarge

EU7uM40U4AEhum formatjpgnamelarge

EU7vKfFU4AssC Wformatjpgnamelarge

EU7v9f U4AAZpYGformatjpgnamelarge

Mick063

Reaction score
I'll take Kam Chancellor over Eric Berry at any point over their comparative careers.

Did Berry ever force Megatron to fumble at the one inch line in the final moments to save the game? Did Berry ever stop a pulling guard dead in his tracks, lifting his body entirely off the ground, on his way to tackling a back for negative yardage? Did Berry ever hurdle an offensive line to block a field goal?

Did Berry ever take over a Super Bowl? Intimidate an entire receiving corps with historical season credentials into helpless players with fear in their eyes? Which leads me to another robbery of Kam. That would be Super Bowl MVP.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Brees is WAY more deserving than Lord Rodgers. It's just a list, but that's ridiculous to take him over Brees.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1247213302440058891[/tweet]
Carroll is the first coach in franchise history to earn All-Decade honors and Seattle's four players is a franchise high for a single decade. Here are the Seahawks' past All-Decade selections:

1980s: S Kenny Easley, WR Steve Largent

1990s: DT Cortez Kennedy

2000s: T Walter Jones, G Steve Hutchinson, RB Shaun Alexander
Article link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-well-represented-on-2010s-all-decade-team[/urltargetblank]

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I wonder if anybody, anywhere is going to look at that list and be like "yeah, it's perfect, I wouldn't swap it out at all".

Anybody?

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":p0z15ti2 said:
Brees is WAY more deserving than Lord Rodgers. It's just a list, but that's ridiculous to take him over Brees.
How do you figure? Rodgers has two league MVPs and three All-Pros (two first team, one second), while Brees has no MVPs and just two second-team All-Pro’s. Rodgers also has a SB title this decade, in a game where he was named MVP, while Brees didn’t make the title game even once. Also, Rodgers’ ability to avoid turnovers is historically elite.

Brees might have the edge on volume stats, but even if you value what Brees has done more, I don’t see an argument for him being “WAY more deserving”.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's my opinion, believe it or not it's ok to have an opinion on. Usually just followed by being bashed. Admittedly, WAY might be pushing it, but Brees deserves it more. It's a list, doesn't matter even a little bit.

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2l9ecqp1 said:
It's my opinion, believe it or not it's ok to have an opinion on. Usually just followed by being bashed. Admittedly, WAY might be pushing it, but Brees deserves it more. It's a list, doesn't matter even a little bit.
Oh ok. I’m convinced.

It’s ok to have an opinion. It’s also ok for others to ask you to back up that opinion. It’s this thing called “discussion”, a feature of message boards.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Chancellor over Berry and Weddle.

I always thought Chancellor’s best was better than Berry and Weddle’s best.

Chancellor was the game changer in which those crossing routes weren’t ran at all in his zone.

Rat

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1pon1wrs said:
Chancellor over Berry and Weddle.

I always thought Chancellor’s best was better than Berry and Weddle’s best.

Chancellor was the game changer in which those crossing routes weren’t ran at all in his zone.
Berry and Weddle I get, as they blow Chancellor away in postseason awards, but Mathieu? That’s just recency bias.

Rat

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2ad4190n said:
I wonder if anybody, anywhere is going to look at that list and be like "yeah, it's perfect, I wouldn't swap it out at all".

Anybody?

I know he has been absurdly durable, but I really don’t like Frank Gore on there over Arian Foster or Jamaal Charles. Especially Foster. I might even take Le’Veon Bell over him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ain't no thing, the more I think about it, there's a real honest argument that Rodgers deserves it. I can't stand him, but he has done some ridiculous things in his career.

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33vis6fq said:
Ain't no thing, the more I think about it, there's a real honest argument that Rodgers deserves it. I can't stand him, but he has done some ridiculous things in his career.

No problem. Brees has been so good for so long, while Rodgers has looked more ordinary the past two seasons; I think a lot of people have forgotten just how ridiculous Rodgers was for most of the decade. Makes sense that someone would have that opinion before looking more into it. I was surprised Brees didn’t even have a first-team All-Pro.

Rodgers is a whiner who gets an absurd amount of preferential treatment from refs though. That might not be terribly relevant to the discussion, but it’s still undeniably true.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every time I said something like "God I hate that guy, but that throw was just stupid good" etc.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":o6ui9nnf said:
Aw just be honest man, you can't stand Erin. I get it, trust me. Drew is 3 times the person Erin is and as Rat pointed out he ain't gettin' the preferential from the NFL.....er, refs like Rodgers is.

Rat

Reaction score
It does kind of FEEL like Brees has been better, but putting their decade accomplishments side by side... yeah, probably had to be Rodgers based on how they normally put these teams together.