Seahawks need to trade up

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Mods feel free to move this thread but the main board gets more eyes and traffic!

Hear me out:

Tyler Lockett - I’m worried if this guy is capable of playing a 13-17 games. Lockett is great but his size is definitely an issue cause he cannot sustain a complete season

DK Metcalf - Beast! Will get better with more experience with Wilson. Will be a playmaker for years to come!

Malik Turner - Not reliable. Inconsistent routes and inconsistent hands. Not clutch.

Josh Gordon (assuming he returns) - Does not play a full season. Prone to getting suspended.

Phillip Dorsett - Not a great route runner. This guy is no Lockett. Don’t count on this guy to catch fades and run post corners.

Do you see why we need receivers?

We also need to prevent San Fran, Arizona and Los Angeles from building their receiving corps depth.

San Fran is getting solid with Deebo Samuel and will look to draft another receiver to replace the departure of Sanders.

Los Angeles has Cooper Kupp and will build with more receivers when they can actually pick someone.

Arizona will look to add with the addition of Hopkins. Fitzgerald will retire soon, sometime. But Arizona will add players to help Murray.

Come on! Get on my side!

Seattle needs to trade up to get one of these receivers: CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, or Henry Ruggs.

CeeDee Lamb: Explosive, great hands, good routes.
Jerry Jeudy: Smooth, great routes, comes from great program creating great receivers.
Henry Ruggs: Lightning speed in a bottle. Catches everything. Playmaker. Can score with ball in hands.

I can see any of these three guys being real good with Wilson.

Carroll and Schneider cannot pick defensive lineman well anyways.

Carroll and Schneider does not want to pick offensive lineman in the first round anyways.

Don’t pick the 3 or 4 “best” linebacker or cornerback with the 27th pick.

Trade up and pick one of these receivers cause it’ll help Wilson and also prevent your divisional rivals from getting better as well.

Do it!

chris98251

Reaction score
We are not a pass first team.

If anything we need a Bell Cow back.

Carson second major injury, hips can be funny things.

Penny a decade ago his injury would be a career killer, we won't know if he can play up to the same level.

John and Pete have shown tendencies not to go after Skill positions in the first round typically, they balloon in salary fast for a second contract, if we trade up, which we won't because of the cost to a marquee player we would probably go DT or DE anyway, unless they have a love of a LT.

I see us trading back more then anything like always.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Super, super deep wide receiver draft - absolute worst thing to do would be trade up for a receiver this year imo. If you're gonna trade up, it's gotta be for a defensive playmaker like Brown, Kinlaw, or preferably Isaiah Simmons. Otherwise, stay put or trade back and really go to town on that huge tier of great talent in the 2nd and 3rd round.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
IF a really good DE isn't available at 27, trade down like always. This team does their best work AFTER the 1st round, obviously.

Largent80

Reaction score
We're set at wr. Even in the 3rd round there will be very good receivers available. Tradeup?
Preposterous.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Largent80":26mngqhc said:
We're set at wr. Even in the 3rd round there will be very good receivers available. Tradeup?
Preposterous.
You think we are set at wide receiver?

Okay

KinesProf

Reaction score
Worst thing to do in this draft would be to give up significant draft capital in order to trade up for a WR. If you're paying a significant cost to move up into the first round of a draft it should be for a position of value - qb, lt, de, interior pass rusher.

Really good wrs can be found in the 2nd-3rd rounds - Lockett, Metcalf and Tate are examples of this. Not to mention the likes of Diggs, Allen, Hilton, McLaurin etc.

There are really good wrs available beyond the 1st round of this draft - Aiyuk, Hamler, Jefferson, Claypool, Edwards, Johnson, Peoples -Jones. Take advantage of that depth, don't be a run based team trading way up when you already have two excellent starters.

It would be an absolutely horrendous allocation of resources.

KinesProf

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1ofsuu9n said:
Mods feel free to move this thread but the main board gets more eyes and traffic!

Hear me out:

Tyler Lockett - I’m worried if this guy is capable of playing a 13-17 games. Lockett is great but his size is definitely an issue cause he cannot sustain a complete season

Lockett has played 16 games in 4 of his 5 seasons.

You don't need to make stuff up to support your point.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems like a LOT of NFL players get branded "Injury Prone" by fans when they are flat out NOT injury prone at all.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Not even worth debating. Seattle will be trading down, it's a tradition as old as time.

Largent80

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":184tj8lf said:
Largent80":184tj8lf said:
Preposterous.
You think we are set at wide receiver?

Okay
Yeah I DO.....We can move Lockett to SE, put Dorsett in the slot then we have the speedy Moore and Taylor, plus we may get Josh Gordon back. Draft a wr in the 3rd and still get a good one. Trade up???...NO

If we trade up it needs to help the DEFENSE which sucked giant glutius MAXIMUS last year.

John63

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1sboiiog said:

Hear me out:

DK Metcalf - Beast! Will get better with more experience with Wilson. Will be a playmaker for years to come!

Malik Turner - Not reliable. Inconsistent routes and inconsistent hands. Not clutch.

Josh Gordon (assuming he returns) - Does not play a full season. Prone to getting suspended.

Phillip Dorsett - Not a great route runner. This guy is no Lockett. Don’t count on this guy to catch fades and run post corners.

Do you see why we need receivers?

We also need to prevent San Fran, Arizona and Los Angeles from building their receiving corps depth.

San Fran is getting solid with Deebo Samuel and will look to draft another receiver to replace the departure of Sanders.

Los Angeles has Cooper Kupp and will build with more receivers when they can actually pick someone.

Arizona will look to add with the addition of Hopkins. Fitzgerald will retire soon, sometime. But Arizona will add players to help Murray.

Come on! Get on my side!

Seattle needs to trade up to get one of these receivers: CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, or Henry Ruggs.

CeeDee Lamb: Explosive, great hands, good routes.
Jerry Jeudy: Smooth, great routes, comes from great program creating great receivers.
Henry Ruggs: Lightning speed in a bottle. Catches everything. Playmaker. Can score with ball in hands.

I can see any of these three guys being real good with Wilson.

Carroll and Schneider cannot pick defensive lineman well anyways.

Carroll and Schneider does not want to pick offensive lineman in the first round anyways.

Don’t pick the 3 or 4 “best” linebacker or cornerback with the 27th pick.

Trade up and pick one of these receivers cause it’ll help Wilson and also prevent your divisional rivals from getting better as well.

Do it!

I agree on all counts but as some have said PC is a run first coach and really cares little about the pass game, hence why we have one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league. My guess is we will get another RB adn maybe even go more conservative than we have been untill we have no choice but to open up and will continue to either barely win or barely loose, barely get into the playoffs and loose in the 2nd round or barely miss th eplayoffs.. UNless Wilson gets hurt then we will just loose. UNtill PC puts more of a premium on the pass game and his best Offesive player that is what will happen, or untill he build another all world defense, which we are not even close to doing.

Chawker

Reaction score
I think we can solve all our offensive needs with the first two picks without trading up. At 27 select Jonathan Taylor (A RB is a QB best friend) then at 59 select Chase Claypool WR. Now if you are not familiar with these two play try watching some film on them.

Alot of great DE's have come ot of the third rounds,so don't panick. :49ersmall:

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah, solve Offensive needs with having the 4th worst defense overall in the league and without addressing the glaring need in the offseason....Really?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I would LOVE to see us get RB JT on board. But we have even more serious needs we HAVE to address on D.
I don't agree there is great urgency at WR. Yes it's a great class, so good we can get one late that's still a fine player. But we have a good WR roster to work with and the class next year projects to be very strong as well. We could be in much better position next year to look harder at that position. This year we have to get our line of scrimmage in order. The QB and RB best friend is whats between them and the opposing D.

poly1274

Reaction score
For those wishing for Seahawks to draft JT, you guys know he fumbles the ball a lot right.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The depth at receiver this year in draft. is nuts. It's about the worst year to trade up for a wr in recent memory.

acer1240

Reaction score
How about a bold move to trade up to #2?

Pass rush would be nice.