Will fans be a part of this season?

Largent80

Reaction score
Honestly, Seattle used to have the best home field advantage in the NFL. That has changed in the last couple of years.

But will we even have fans at games this year? And if fans aren't allowed would road games be neutral?

Giblien

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that there will be no fans at games. WAAAAY too much money at stake.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Giblien":gjihuqrz said:
I seriously doubt that there will be no fans at games. WAAAAY too much money at stake.

Tv is the money maker.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Right now, hard to imagine fans in the stands...really?..social distancing at a football game....hAHAHAHAHA

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think it starts out with no fans but there will be some with restrictions towards the end of the season.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Unless something changes drastically before the season I can't imagine a full stadium (especially with an idiot governor who would not even allow fishing). I'm not someone that is in fear of the virus and I have been working throughout but seems like a long shot right now. If they limit the crowds to something like 15,000 I'm not interested in going and not sure I would want to go this year if the crowds were normal. I have 4 seats but if the scenario is only getting 1 or 2 seats and being socially distanced I would much rather watch from home. The bar experience (tailgating) would be altered along with public transportation. The worst scenario for me would be leaving the games. I already hate exiting the stadium because you are pressed up against everyone around you. At this point I just want football however they can make that happen.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I don't see it happening... at all. No vaccine, no herd immunity, social distancing impossible, 2nd COVID-19 wave expected to coincide with regular flu season... need I go on?

There will be fans, but not in the stands.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just my own opinion, but I think the first month gets moved to the end. Too much $ is lost w/out people in the stands. But, that's 4 months away, I'll believe fans won't be there when I see it. They will be there, just not in September. Again, MY opinion. None of us know what's gonna' happen.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
My opinion is they will start the season without fans barring some major breakthrough in treatment or vaccines. NFL is not going to want to accept legal risk for anyone getting sick at games.

They will struggle to even play a season since even one player sick on a team will quarantine that team for 2 weeks. No way to run a schedule if teams get taken off the board with some sick players. Trying to keep 53 players socially distanced for 5 months is going to be a struggle. How do you even practice?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think there will be fans at any sporting event until there's an effective vaccine and/or the virus numbers all of a sudden drop down to next to zero.

There's just not the capacity for testing 60k people.

All this equals no fans.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, at this point I'll take a season w/out fans over no football. And, we will be paid up for 2021. About the only good thing I come up with :?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":v61e784r said:
Well, at this point I'll take a season w/out fans over no football. And, we will be paid up for 2021. About the only good thing I come up with :?

Admittedly I'd rather have that money in my bank account than the Hawks, but given crappy interest rates it likely makes little difference.

nrayorr

Reaction score
As someone who works in the medical field and exposed to patients that could have the virus on a daily basis I cannot support the idea of having fans in the stadiums. It's even going to be just as problematic for the players, but I'd like to see testing done on like a Saturday and the day of the game. Testing negative one day for the virus doesn't mean that testing positive the next day couldn't happen because it could as I have witnessed on numerous occasions. If a player tests negative both days let him play.

I would rather watch football on television this year because we are just now at the point of flattening the curve, but what people don't tend to realize is that once we flatten the curve we have to get to a point of no more spreading before we can see a gradual downward trend of this virus not spreading. I am for no fans in the stadium even though it pains me to write this since I am a season ticket holder. Better safe than sorry!

OpHawk

Reaction score
If everything goes peachy, I would guess they aim to start the season on time and the first 4 games have no or limited fans. Then they begin to incorporate more fans as the season continues as they probe risks.

The biggest danger I see for this season is if a couple players get sick. It won't take much to completely derail the whole structure of the season.

The NFL is grossly PR-conscious as well, if they feel they are getting a bad image they'll throw in the towel.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I doubt there will be fans in the stands. I don’t live in Seattle but have friends there so I’m a little connected.

If they don’t allow fans in the link how do you think Seattle will be concerning people on the streets, tailgating, bars open, and all of that by opening day? Would you go down and tailgate and watch in a bar?

nrayorr

Reaction score
zchurch74":325vs5yq said:
I doubt there will be fans in the stands. I don’t live in Seattle but have friends there so I’m a little connected.

If they don’t allow fans in the link how do you think Seattle will be concerning people on the streets, tailgating, bars open, and all of that by opening day? Would you go down and tailgate and watch in a bar?

IMHO it would also be risky unless there are only a certain amount of people allowed in at once and social distancing observed. People congregating on the streets and doing tailgating would have to be controlled by the authorities. I frankly do not see any of that happening by opening day.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
i'M WONDERING IF THIS DOESN'T END UP BEING THE FUTURE. nOTHING WILL BE THE SAME AFTER THIS PANDEMIC. tHERE IS NO "GETTING BACK TO NORMAL"...DAMN ALL CAPS, TO LAZY TO RETYPE

The internet and streaming is the future, it was easy to see before this. These mega stadiums are going to be relics.

Piping in crowd noise will actually be the thing just like the Hawks were accused of doing.

Latest posts