Life is weird

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Normally just days before the opening of training camp, this board is hopping with excited energy. Prediction threads, rookie threads, position threads, signing threads, cap threads,...
2020... :|

Are we all just cautiously waiting to see if it really happens? The opening of training camp has been something to look forward to and be excited about every summer. It signals the beginning of the best season of the year. It used to be two seasons for me. Football season and waiting for football season.

Watching a little Mariners last night didn’t seem as strange as I thought it would be. It was baseball. Not seeing people in attendance was weird but I quickly got over it. Wasn’t much different than seeing a last place team play out the season in front of sparse crowds.

Do we not want to get our hopes up that there will actually be a football season? The last few weeks I’ve been about 50/50 that it would happen. Seeing baseball made me think it’s a possibility to see football. I’m the kind of guy who will watch any football. I love the game and enjoy the execution of it. I don’t care if it’s 10 year olds who barely know what a block is.

I’m excited for football to begin. Maybe more this year for some normalcy than ever before. It will be different but it will also be the same. At its core will be strategy, execution, disappointment and excitement. Our team will have to do it without the aid of a 12. That doesn’t mean I won’t be screaming at my TV like normal. We as fans will get to see and hear things that we haven’t witnessed before.

I’m cautiously waiting for camp news and position battles. I hope it comes.

“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.” Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemtion

chris98251

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1yqg6wze said:
Normally just days before the opening of training camp, this board is hopping with excited energy. Prediction threads, rookie threads, position threads, signing threads, cap threads,...
2020... :|

Are we all just cautiously waiting to see if it really happens? The opening of training camp has been something to look forward to and be excited about every summer. It signals the beginning of the best season of the year. It used to be two seasons for me. Football season and waiting for football season.

Watching a little Mariners last night didn’t seem as strange as I thought it would be. It was baseball. Not seeing people in attendance was weird but I quickly got over it. Wasn’t much different than seeing a last place team play out the season in front of sparse crowds.

Do we not want to get our hopes up that there will actually be a football season? The last few weeks I’ve been about 50/50 that it would happen. Seeing baseball made me think it’s a possibility to see football. I’m the kind of guy who will watch any football. I love the game and enjoy the execution of it. I don’t care if it’s 10 year olds who barely know what a block is.

I’m excited for football to begin. Maybe more this year for some normalcy than ever before. It will be different but it will also be the same. At its core will be strategy, execution, disappointment and excitement. Our team will have to do it without the aid of a 12. That doesn’t mean I won’t be screaming at my TV like normal. We as fans will get to see and hear things that we haven’t witnessed before.

I’m cautiously waiting for camp news and position battles. I hope it comes.

“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.” Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemtion

We still have most our draft picks unsigned now, which is kind of weird, but with the cap manipulations for the Virus and such we may be in a pretty decent spot, I think I saw where 8 teams are already over for next season and will have to make cuts or restructures.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I just don’t think very many folks are optimistic that the season is actually going to “kick off”.

I know that for myself, it’s been very hard to follow, let alone get excited over football.

I want and need me some, just haven’t/can’t get pumped up.

My Job is probably as effected as anyone’s right now, and that has my focus.

GoHawks*

* if and when.