Tip my hat to Matt Flynn

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I've supported RW as our QB, but I must tip my hat to Matt Flynn. He has handled this QB selection process with class and dignity. I just watched Pete Carroll's post-bears game lockeroom speech and he gave props to Flynn for calling tails. A disgruntled player would have taken that as a slight, but Flynn showed a sense of humor and comraderie.

Russell is our man, but Flynn is good man. If we don't keep him, I wish him success in another team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Agreed. Flynn will get his shot, it just won't be in Seattle.

themunn

Reaction score
just watched it too
for someone that just won an important road game BB doesn't look happy
which is a great thing imo, I imagine he's ecstatic on the inside for the W but clearly all he can think of is his subpar performance in the game

zayden185

Reaction score
He's a 7th round pick...had 2 good games and got paid...no concussions? id be happy for the time being really!!

The competitor wants to play, but really????? Keep him there..the need for competent backup is huge!

Hes better than Charlie Batch!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
In fairness, he's getting paid millions to be a backup quarterback.

I'm not surprised he hasn't complained about this ideal lifestyle.

NYCoug

Reaction score
razgriz737":2b0zirze said:
Agreed. Can you imagine how some of the other prima donna-type QB's would be handling this?

I know it's a bit of a different situation since he got benched midseason after an injury, but all you need to do is look down the coast to the situation in San Francisco. Alex Smith isn't happy at all and while Harbaugh won't ever let it get out of control, it could potentially be their undoing.

I too am glad we've got Flynn. He has handled this whole situation better than most would.

razgriz737

Reaction score
NYCoug":11otet9m said:
razgriz737":11otet9m said:
Agreed. Can you imagine how some of the other prima donna-type QB's would be handling this?

I know it's a bit of a different situation since he got benched midseason after an injury, but all you need to do is look down the coast to the situation in San Francisco. Alex Smith isn't happy at all and while Harbaugh won't ever let it get out of control, it could potentially be their undoing.

I too am glad we've got Flynn. He has handled this whole situation better than most would.
True. I've never even considered Smith to be a prima donna, and he's clearly disgruntled.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Flynn is getting paid like a good backup. He's been a pro about not winning the job and I would guess the team will look into a trade after the season that makes sense for both parties. At this point I would like to keep Flynn through next season (I think he can come in and win games with no drop off), but he'll get his shot in a season or two again and I hope he makes the most of it, he seems like a good guy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm 110% Russell Wilson, but I remember when Matt Hasselbeck got hurt,,We keep Matt Flynn right where he is.
He may not prove to be Wilsons equal, but he did replace T-Jack (the guy that most everyone was happy to keep as a backup)
I don't see it as the Wilson OR Flynn gig, but rather the Wilson AND Flynn program.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
He's being paid 10 million to hold a clipboard, who is he to complain.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2f0ow26a said:

If he's a competitor, he wants to make millions and be a starting QB.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1x4uomfq said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1x4uomfq said:

Yep. People are still human and it would be easy for him to be pissy.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":twgmff0x said:
Where did you watch it at? Got a link?
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-13---Carroll-Postgame-Locker-Room-Speech/5df7881d-aadf-45b5-ad7a-ba5043ef1426

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":25q6mjz7 said:
Hasselbeck":25q6mjz7 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":25q6mjz7 said:

Yep. People are still human and it would be easy for him to be pissy.

And if he has any ambitions of being a starter anywhere else, being pissy in Seattle mid-season will guarantee he never gets that chance. Especially when the guy starting is playing at the level he is.

I have no beef with Flynn, but I'm not sure he deserves a hat tip for essentially not publicly complaining about a situation that has set him up financially for life.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Killa Kam":1kpis7ou said:
He's being paid 10 million to hold a clipboard, who is he to complain.

No job satisfaction. If hes a competitive person he will not be happy being paid to do something hes not doing.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1yxaq27e said:
And if he has any ambitions of being a starter anywhere else, being pissy in Seattle mid-season will guarantee he never gets that chance. Especially when the guy starting is playing at the level he is.

I have no beef with Flynn, but I'm not sure he deserves a hat tip for essentially not publicly complaining about a situation that has set him up financially for life.

He may not get "pissy" but I'm sure patience wears on a young guy who is approaching his prime and has been told he is a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL, when he has only started 2 games in 5 years. And I'm also fairly certain that PC and JS will entertain a trade if the pick value is right.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":nvteu6lz said:
theENGLISHseahawk":nvteu6lz said:

This is why I read em all, knew someone would say what I wad thinking. If the guy is ok with being a back up, then he was never the starter we needed. I'm sure it bugs the hell out of him and he's gonna be a pro about it until he gets his shot again.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":1gljtvgl said:
I'm sure it bugs the hell out of him and he's gonna be a pro about it until he gets his shot again.

And if he wasn't a pro about it, he'd have 0% chance of getting that shot. Which is the point. It makes no sense for Flynn to be pissy about anything. Good salary to keep quiet about his dissatisfaction and be a backup. And if he does wan't to start anywhere else, he has no choice but to just accept this situation and get on with it.