Rams Embrace Opportunity for Unblemished Division Record

Jville

Reaction score
Sunday’s game against Seattle represents an opportunity for the Rams to prove that they are well beyond simply on the right track when it comes to divisional play.

Much to the surprise of many pundits, the Rams own a 4-0-1 record against NFC West foes, including impressive home wins against the Niners and Seahawks and a hard-fought tie in San Francisco.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Embrace-Opportunity-for-Unblemished-Division-Record/32e6a02f-dff6-44a4-a18f-46295ae457f8[/urltargetblank]

kearly

Reaction score
Cherrypop.png

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
No overlooking anything....especially with all the Pro-Bowl nubs they just had this week. On a mission.

drdiags

Reaction score
Nice article. Even though I hate the Rams, good for them that they seem to be moving in a positive direction. Makes it tougher in the years that follow but I fear no competition. I want to kick in the front door, not sneak through the back. One of the biggest put downs during the Holmgren years was that the Seahawks were soft and won their title due to playing in a crap division. People would boast of winning the NFCE, NFCN or NFCS due to the competitive nature of their division.

It is getting to the point where winning the NFCW actually means something. And it should only get tougher.

I expect a good game out of the Rams. Looking to go 8-0 at home and enter the playoffs on a winning note vs going undefeated in the division to go into the off-season on a good vibe.

EDIT: Another note is the apparent respect the Rams have for their division rivals defenses and teams. Makes them feel that much better about their performance against their opponents.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Prepare to embrace a good ass-whuppin, STL. You gave the W away vs. SF, I mean..GAVE it away. *You cost us the division. *New England did too, but they pre-paid for that mistake. I want to see a surprize scheme of blitzes that forces Fischer to pull Bradford early while we send a msg to our first PO victim. I also want to see no less than 2 TD throws by Wilson and a second half of rest for he and all starters.

* I do understand we cost us the division. Just having fun here, so please resist the predictable "we have nobody to blame but ourselves". That's not as much fun as blaming / punishing the Rams. Thank you. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
I see PAIN in the forcast for Sunday, the snubs on defense will be the catalyst for a beat down show.

RedAlice

Reaction score
drdiags":18cyqx0h said:
Nice article. Even though I hate the Rams, good for them that they seem to be moving in a positive direction. Makes it tougher in the years that follow but I fear no competition. I want to kick in the front door, not sneak through the back. One of the biggest put downs during the Holmgren years was that the Seahawks were soft and won their title due to playing in a crap division. People would boast of winning the NFCE, NFCN or NFCS due to the competitive nature of their division.

It is getting to the point where winning the NFCW actually means something. And it should only get tougher.

I expect a good game out of the Rams. Looking to go 8-0 at home and enter the playoffs on a winning note vs going undefeated in the division to go into the off-season on a good vibe.

EDIT: Another note is the apparent respect the Rams have for their division rivals defenses and teams. Makes them feel that much better about their performance against their opponents.

Rams fan here.

All I want to say, is I agree with you as to the NFC W.

Respect to your team. For sure!! Pleasure to watch this last few games.

That said, I do not think for one second, regardless of the posts here, that PC is taking Fisher lightly this week.

Yes, Rams want an unblemished record in the NFC W.

Yes, Seahawks want that momentum to propel them to the SB.

That is why it's a game!

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkWow":1414fy8t said:
Prepare to embrace a good ass-whuppin, STL. You gave the W away vs. SF, I mean..GAVE it away. *You cost us the division. *New England did too, but they pre-paid for that mistake. I want to see a surprize scheme of blitzes that forces Fischer to pull Bradford early while we send a msg to our first PO victim. I also want to see no less than 2 TD throws by Wilson and a second half of rest for he and all starters.

* I do understand we cost us the division. Just having fun here, so please resist the predictable "we have nobody to blame but ourselves". That's not as much fun as blaming / punishing the Rams. Thank you. ;)

Since you actually made no sense, it's hard for even a Rams fan to get mad at you. smile.

Both teams want to win!! Let's have a fun, no injury game on Sunday.

And, btw, go win the SB!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How many times are people gonna' say they hope we don't overlook a team? This team is done w/that crap, they are and will be prepared. On the road, I could see the concern, but at home, we are always more than ready.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2usl77bt said:
How many times are people gonna' say they hope we don't overlook a team? This team is done w/that crap, they are and will be prepared. On the road, I could see the concern, but at home, we are always more than ready.

How many times are people gonna say we have trouble winning on the road? LOL, just messin w/ ya. But yea, I fully agree....every week we get the "hope we don't overlook this team", "trap game", or the "this team struggles on the road" comments. I guess it just takes more than a few games to give comfort to some to realize we are becoming winners and can say "we got this."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, this is a completely different Hawks team. Getting hot at the right time is what it's all about (see Giants last year)

The Radish

Reaction score
I don't agree that THEY cost us the division. We cost ourselves the division that game or a couple of others.

I said right along that Jeff Fisher is a quality coach and I hated having him in this division because of that. His teams will show up ready to play. I respect the Rams for going undeated in the division this year (so far), that's a great accomplishment for a team that has been so far down for so long.

And beating and tying the ninnirs in the same season??? Way better than we did boys and girls. :141847_bnono:

But our guys are playing for an unfeated home record this year and I think they also will be ready to play. I think most everyone will be taking the Hawks for this game no matter where they are. Will it be close? I don't think to close but I have a lot of respect for them now. If we get up early like we did the ninnirs I doubt it will be close. If we don't it will be closer. Lots of playoff scenerio at stake here and I doubt Coach Carroll will let anyone forget it.

:les:

hawker84

Reaction score
we have no one to blame for our situation but ourselves and our inability on the road, or i should say our previous inability on the road... that said rams needed gimmick plays to beat us at home, and i don't think there is a soul on this board who thinks that our team played anywhere near it's potential back then..

our offense is now a force to be reckoned with, our D is playing lights out especially at home... and that's with our 2nd and 3rd string CB's in... no way Pete's taking Ficsher and the rams lightly.. last home game of the season, you better believe they're coming to play sunday..

i think it will be more competitive than last sunday, but seattle has too much fire power now, seattle in a convincing win , rolling into the playoffs's..

bingotown

Reaction score
After that game in Chicago I believe that this team doesn't even believe there is a problem playing on the road. The more the rest of the league keeps thinking that is our achilles heal........the more power to us.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No team caused the Seahawks to not win the division but the Seahawks. Next time, win the close games against the likes of Detroit Miami, San Fran, Zona and STL and you wont have to rely on your rivals to lose for you to win it.

That being said, the Rams should be very excited about the chance of going undefeated in the division this year. I would expect them to play extremely hard, and the Hawks will absolutely have to come with their best effort. So long as they do come with their best effort, I fully expect that they can take care of business.

I also agree that it is a good thing to see the division becoming stronger top to bottom.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
If the Ram's line up in that weird fake FG formation again I expect to hear 67000 in the stands let the D know for 1....

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkWow":3sa8478o said:

This clearly wasn't understood by everyone :D

Jiggy

Reaction score
They are playing for a 5 - 0 - 1 in the division... We are playing for a potential 2nd or 3rd seed in the playoffs.

Sounds like we have more to lose and therefore will beat the snot out of the Rams this weekend.

Latest posts