2012 Season

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of optimism going into this 2013 season. Who knows what could happen? Whatever happens, if we win it all or die trying, 2012 was by far my favorite season as a Seahawk fan.... so far. The 2005 Super Bowl run was awesome. We went into most games knowing we were the better team. Last year was like "I know we can, we just need to execute" and more times then not they did. Lynch was the f***ing man. I love to watch that dude run the football. MONSTER... Tate was sometimes electrifying with his runs after the catch. Miller came up with numerous clutch receptions, especially in the playoffs. Rice doing what he was supposed to. Wilson never giving up, and leading this team to be in a position to always have a chance to win. every. single. game. The O Line stepping up in such a huge way.

Then there's the defense...almost always holding it down, especially when teams were in the red zone. Wagner, great rookie LB. Kam & Browner layin wood on fools. How ya feeling, Vernon? Welker? Thomas flies around everywhere. Seems like he's always around the football. Then of course, Sherman. Dude can maybe be a douche, but he can back it up....for now. Great year of exciting football, 2012-13 was.

No matter what happens in 2013-14, it was a good year to be a hawk fan.

Thanks Seahawks

kearly

Reaction score
If only the Seahawks could have held on in the last 25 seconds of that Atlanta game, it would have truly been a Cinderella season for the ages. I don't know if 2012 was my favorite season (too many painful "should have won" losses), but I think that 2012 was my favorite year for football (if you include the offseason and 2012 draft). Just seeing the team draft Wilson was the highest point in my Seahawks fandom, with his week 3 preseason performance against KC being 2nd place. It was storybook stuff, a sequence of events that only happens in the movies, and that it was happening to a Seattle sports franchise of all things was what made it truly mindblowing.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
2012 is my second favorite season. Too many "shoulda, woulda, coulda's" in it. 2005 was much more fun, because aside from a couple games at the very beginning of the year, every damn week was like "We won again! I can't believe we won yet again!" And aside from the Green Bay game where nothing really mattered anyway, it was that same way all the way to the Super Bowl, every damn week. 2012 had a lot of great moments, and a lot of incredible wins, but even knowing we were in every single game, it didn't come close to the magic that was 2005.

Conversely, 2006 was one of the worst seasons I can remember. Sure, the record was nowhere close to our worst, and we did pretty good that year, but you knew the magic was gone. You knew after just a few games into the season that whatever had been brought together the year before was shattered and broken, and would not return that year. That was hard to take.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2hs2z9w9 said:
2012 is my second favorite season. Too many "shoulda, woulda, coulda's" in it. 2005 was much more fun, because aside from a couple games at the very beginning of the year, every damn week was like "We won again! I can't believe we won yet again!" And aside from the Green Bay game where nothing really mattered anyway, it was that same way all the way to the Super Bowl, every damn week. 2012 had a lot of great moments, and a lot of incredible wins, but even knowing we were in every single game, it didn't come close to the magic that was 2005.

Conversely, 2006 was one of the worst seasons I can remember. Sure, the record was nowhere close to our worst, and we did pretty good that year, but you knew the magic was gone. You knew after just a few games into the season that whatever had been brought together the year before was shattered and broken, and would not return that year. That was hard to take.

2006 was a gut wrenching season, to be certain. The only things I remember fondly about that season were Burleson's punt return for TD against St. Louis, and beating the Cowboys with a patchwork secondary and shoestring tackle of Tony Romo.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
2012 was truly special. I just throught the narrative of the season was unlike anything we'd ever seen. Emergence of a franchise QB followed by doom and gloom after the Miami loss and news of failed drug tests. Then to see it all turn around and culminate with a playoff-clinching throttling of the 49ers (crowned the #1 team in the NFL going in) on a rain soaked Sunday night. Throw in epic last minute victories over Brady, Rodgers and the vaunted Bears' D, and we really witnessed something extremely special in 2012.

Don't get me wrong; 2005 was special, too, but that team was far more workmanlike and the victories became increasingly easier to forecast. Also, none of those playoff games were as electric (to me) as last season's games at Washington and Atlanta, not even the SB, which was deflated by questionable officiating.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
2006 is exactly why I refuse to get my hopes up that we are Super Bowl bound this year. Lesson learned.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
What I take from the 2012 season is that the Seahawks were a young, somewhat inexperienced team with two rookies playing important positions on either side of the ball.

We ended that season 12-6 with only a 26 point differential in their 6 losses.

Just to realize how important that is, the 49ers had a 69 point differential in 5 losses. SFO's 42-13 loss to the Seahawks was greater than our total point differential in losses for the whole season.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Probably the thing that stands out personally for me about 2012, at least going down the stretch, was that no matter what the score or time left on the clock, I had this strange (as a seahawk fan), never before felt confidence that they were going to win the game.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":17pzdiz4 said:
Probably the thing that stands out personally for me about 2012, at least going down the stretch, was that no matter what the score or time left on the clock, I had this strange (as a seahawk fan), never before felt confidence that they were going to win the game.

That is pretty much how it was for me too. Even in both the playoff games. I was totally calm and then jacked when they got back in it.

When I saw that time left on the clock in ATL, I had a feeling that Ryan would get them in range, but I was OK with it, they had done so well, it was easy to handle it for me.

A

Anonymous

LawlessHawk":32az2vze said:

Post scoreboard:

LawlessHawk: 100 (Full points)

This is EXACTLY how I felt also.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Best: 2005

Worst: 2004.. starting out 3-0, 2 wins on the east coast to start the Season, shutting out the Niners 34-0, up 24-7 with 6 mins to go and lose in OT to the Rams at home.. culminated by a playoff loss to the Rams again..at home..

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I just hope there wont be much backlash if we have a slow start to the season.

OP
OP
JaiSeaSea

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
We'll here we are, 8 months later and we are Super Bowl champs. Just over a month ago the best season as a Hawk fan finished and I am still riding high. This will forever be, by far, my favorite year.

Absolutely fantastic Seahawks!!!!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Lets be real......when Wilson had that press conference immediately after the Falcons loss, we knew we were going to be the 2013 Champs.

byau

Reaction score
Steve2222":ou3j8sd4 said:
Lets be real......when Wilson had that press conference immediately after the Falcons loss, we knew we were going to be the 2013 Champs.

The guy is so poised, unflappable

I have been rewatching the season and watching the 49ers vs Hawks: Kap is talented, but things get to him. A lot of quarterbacks: things get to them. For Russell even if he got sacked, it's like it never got to him, as if to say he's prepared for all that already, as if he expects a certain number of things to go wrong and the rest to go right.

That guy: confidence, poised, prepared. Awesome

Yay Hawks!

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
byau":3t7dppea said:
Steve2222":3t7dppea said:

The guy is so poised, unflappable

I have been rewatching the season and watching the 49ers vs Hawks: Kap is talented, but things get to him. A lot of quarterbacks: things get to them. For Russell even if he got sacked, it's like it never got to him, as if to say he's prepared for all that already, as if he expects a certain number of things to go wrong and the rest to go right.

That guy: confidence, poised, prepared. Awesome

Yay Hawks!

Truth. Immediately following the NFCCG, a reporter asked RW about the fumble on the first play and his response was something like, "Oh yeah, to be honest with you, I forgot that happened."

I believe his response to be genuine and wow! The ability to let go of adversity and not get rattled by it is a place I'm assuming many QBs are unable to reach at any point in their career. For a 2nd year QB to have that poise in the (then) biggest game of his life is downright amazing.

Rainger

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":cue2xnlr said:
We'll here we are, 8 months later and we are Super Bowl champs. Just over a month ago the best season as a Hawk fan finished and I am still riding high. This will forever be, by far, my favorite year.

Too early to say forever. You have know I dea how great this coming season might be. We could win it again and may even have a better season than last. We just never know. As RW says "never say never that it cant happen". I mean a perfect season and 2nd consecutive SB, "Why not us!!"

OP
OP
JaiSeaSea

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
rainger":1r76w0on said:
JaiSeaSea":1r76w0on said:

Too early to say forever. You have know I dea how great this coming season might be. We could win it again and may even have a better season than last. We just never know. As RW says "never say never that it cant happen". I mean a perfect season and 2nd consecutive SB, "Why not us!!"

This is true. However it will be very hard to top. Like so many others, it is a feeling that was a long time coming.