Inside comments from both benches during Hawk Rams game

RedAlice

Reaction score
Good read for both teams over at the St. Louis Today paper board.

The poster worked the oxygen mask for the players during the game - Hawks first half, Rams second half. He shares comments about the player interactions with each other on the sidelines during the game.

Interesting observations about both teams. I especially enjoyed the parts about the Rams D, you will probably like the parts about Wilson.

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=991212&start=12

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. It really was interesting to read.

Here's the OP for those of you who are lazy:

Ok. I was on both sidelines last night....

It is totally different than what I had expected...to hear the conversations was surreal. To see the physical toll of the game was surreal. I worked Seattle's bench 1rst half and the Rams 2nd half.

First Seattle. Earl Thomas is small. I couldn't believe how small and compact he is for a guy that hits so hard. Sherman is a super nice guy. He's long and tall. Both corners are really big guys. Sherman was constantly pumping up is guys and had no respect for Clemons. Called him a nobody. (Don't know if I disagree) But none of them could believe how powerful Stacey was... Bryant and Mebane were absolutely (upset) they could not contain Stacy. KJ Wright mentioned he got trucked by Stacy.

Wilson was frustrated the whole game. He refuse to talk to the Olineman. He kept telling Lynch that "94" was taking their Oline to school. His words not mine. After Irving's interception Irving went over and thanked Thomas for calling the wheel route on the presnap read and Irving jumped in the space to where the RB was going and picked it off. Clemons never saw him dropping in the hole.

That defense feeds off thomas not Sherman. Thomas is the most respected guy on that defense and it's not even close. Ken Norton was (upset) at the LBs play. He shouting to them to get off blocks becasue Stacy was chewing up yards in thier zones. They were frustrated with our running and our pass rush. And didn't have an answer for it in the first half.
2nd half Rams side.

Defense was pumped up. Chris Long and Finnegan was leading the cheers on the sideline. For the record I would like to say a couple of things. Chris Long is pretty :!: good. Because Quinn is getting lot of sacks he gets played down. But he was causing havoc which caused Seattle to not be able to double Quinn the whole game. To watch Jenkins at field level man he is quick.

Did not seem eith er coorindator was getting much respect from his guys. I could be wrong just seemed that way...and for the record, forget what the media says, Quick did not run the wrong route on the last play. And I will leave it at that.

That was the most exicted I have been before during and after a game since the Super Bowl whenthe Rams beat the Titans. What an Experience! :D

razgriz737

Reaction score
Wow, that's really interesting, especially the part about Russell. I feel like maybe it should be posted to the main forum so more will see it. :D

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that RedAlice. Even though I'm not a fan of either team, I'm a fan of football, and it's always entertaining to get a more up close look on how the players interact during the game.

Dick Johnson

Reaction score
Great post. Thomas is a great player, one of those guys that its hard not to admire as a player. I really enjoy insight like this, great post!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Some interesting insight you wouldnt find in the local papers.

nategreat

Reaction score
I agree this should be put in the main forum.... definitely Seahawks related.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Fascinating. So many leaders on our defense. The C on Thomas chest is there for a damn good reason.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I love the insider type revelations,....sounds like the Hawks D was really surprised and frustrated with the Ram's RB Stacy

hoxrox

Reaction score
Other good stuff from that thread:

Russell was frustrated with his Oline. Made several comments to the Bevel about nuetrilizing Quinn. And they were never able to do it. Brockers played another great game as well...

After the last play I walked on to the field with all the players and Wilson told Quinn "man you are monster. You'll be in the probowl this year."

in a earlier post I said Richard Sherman is a nice guy. He is...He was sitting on the bench and I was standing behind him and he turns around to ask me what cologne I was wearing? I was like huh? He goes man I like that, I need to pick some of that up and we both started cracking up. Then just like that he ran out on to the field.

As the game ended as I said I was walking through the tunnel with SeaChickens and he walked up to me and goes seriously, dude I want to get that cologne...I told him what it was (D&G Blue, if you're wanting know, lol) and he took off his gloves and gave them to me, shook my hand and ran to the locker room.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
Interesting posts from that guy. Also, this country's education system needs an overhaul.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Awesome info; thanks for sharing, Alice!

Here's the other pertinent stuff about the Seahawks that he said in replies further in that thread:

Flip90":1hvfkwyi said:
Russell was frustrated with his Oline. Made several comments to the Bevel about nuetrilizing Quinn. And they were never able to do it. Brockers played another great game as well...The whole defnse was active. Jenks gambled on the TD throw to Tate. Had played the man and thenturned around to play the ball deep I think he picks that one off. He camne off the sideline and said exactly what I was thinking on the play. It really is a game of inches and everything moves so much faster on the field.
Asked if anyone used his oxygen:
Sherman a couple of times. Irvin after the Interception.
After the last play I walked on to the field with all the players and Wilson told Quinn "man you are monster. You'll be in the probowl this year."
Question from someone: Did you hear any coaches chew the players behind for anything?
Yeah Walton got into Tru Johnson pretty good after the PI call...But Tru just sat there looking away from him. But mostly there just seemed like there was alot of communicating with what the coaches as far as what they were seeing vs. what the players were seeing...except on the Seattle sideline. Norton was getting after the LBs pretty good. NFL films were recording and filming some of his discussions with them and he was clearly playing up to the camera. It was pretty cheesy.
(I'm guessing he doesn't realize how much Ken Norton, Jr. shouts all the time, but it's possible Ken may have been playing up for the camera, IDK.)
Another question to him: Did it seem like there was mutual respect on both sides - or more trash talk? I noticed you did say that Seattle's DBs thought Clemens sucked, and the Rams dbs didnt think much of Seattle's WRs.
I couldn't hear what wasa going on the field. I mean they would say things here and there but nopthin greally out of line. I think this division respects one another a great deal. I got the impression the SeaChickens knew they escaped woth a win. I walked through the tunnel with them after the game and they were excited to get the win but they knew they could've lost that game. They have a healthy respect for the Rams. I think Wilson commented to ESPN that the Rams was the toughest defense they've face this season.
More on Sherman, this is awesome: (Suck it, 49ers fans; Sherman's mouthy AND a great guy!)
in a earlier post I said Richard Sherman is a nice guy. He is...He was sitting on the bench and I was standing behind him and he turns around to ask me what cologne I was wearing? I was like huh? He goes man I like that, I need to pick some of that up and we both started cracking up. Then just like that he ran out on to the field. As the game ended as I said I was walking through the tunnel with SeaChickens and he walked up to me and goes seriously, dude I want to get that cologne...I told him what it was (D&G Blue, if you're wanting know, lol) and he took off his gloves and gave them to me, shook my hand and ran to the locker room.
Comment from some Rams fan on Sherman:
LetsGoRams":1hvfkwyi said:
Thanks for sharing the info on Sherman. I've seen pieces about him on TV and he seems like a good guy. Not humble by any stretch, but has a good work ethic and did a great job of coming out of the gang-ridden streets of LA (I believe it was Compton)... his Mom kept him on the straight and narrow. Stories about him hanging around gang members and the gang members had so much respect for his Mom that they sent him home.. Another thing I like about him - he hates Jim Harbaugh! Apparently didn't care for him much playing for him at Stanford. Cool that you got his gloves. I bet he actually went out and got some of that cologne too!
Flip in response to the reply from LetsGoRams:
I'm sure he did lol. But he and Browner look like they should be in the NBA. Sherman looks like a shooting guard and Bronwer looks like a power forward. Standing next to these two guys you're like, really? They both can back pedal flip there hips and run. They can play man press, off press or just off and ge similar results with each style. That is truly a luxury to have in your secondary. Earl Thomas is the new Ed Reed. He is the best saftey in the game. And Chancellor is the hammer in the run game. They are he best secondary to me.

bestfightstory":1hvfkwyi said:
What kind of loser wears cologne to an NFL game.
I don't know, probably the same kind of guy that puts quotes about himself from other forum members in his forum sig? :lol:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2v8tgow0 said:
bestfightstory":2v8tgow0 said:
What kind of loser wears cologne to an NFL game.
I don't know, probably the same kind of guy that puts quotes about himself from other forum members in his forum sig? :lol:

INCORRECT

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
I find it interesting that the Rams DBs had no respect for our WRs at all. Doesn't surprise me. Hopefully Harvin changes that perception.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":qkcum9ff said:
I find it interesting that the Rams DBs had no respect for our WRs at all. Doesn't surprise me. Hopefully Harvin changes that perception.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. That being said, what most of our receivers are good at is going up for the ball. We really should float more lofts to them, IMO.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":2ns15bmx said:
Our Receivers got TWO TDs on the Rams D ,and the Rams Receivers?, got nuthin' that really mattered.
I don't care what the guy says about the Rams not being impressed with the Seachickens, but when Tate rubbed their noses in it, that had to gall the piss out of them, and ESPECIALLY had them eating up on the inside, that the NOBODY Receivers, and the "MIDGET" actually won the game ,in SPITE of all the sacks, and hurries that they dumped on Wilson.
The Rams Defense also had to know that they were teeing off on a lethargic and bogus Seattle Offense, and STILL couldn't eke out the win in their own back yard. :lol: