Attn: Warren Sapp and...

sc85sis

Reaction score
...all those other fools who said Pete was "a joke" or "too rah rah" and couldn't coach in the NFL.

How do you like them apples!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA...

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I ALWAYS hated that group think from know-it-alls who say that.

shiva1008

Reaction score
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. People try to analyze what has worked so far and what hasn't worked re: college coaches in the NFL and Pete's history with the Patriots. But ultimately this is just a risk averse strategy. And to win big you have to take risks and have enough confidence to do so because then you win on the margins against those who try to avoid taking risks. E.g., look at Russell Wilson, he'll just throw it up for a guy, knowing that most defenses aren't prepared for that because most people won't take those risks.

rastahawk

Reaction score
I will always remember the day they announced Pete Carroll was our new coach. I jumped for joy. I've been a So Cal resident for 12 years and I know the kind of motivator Pete is. A lot of the media saw it as kind of a joke but I was quietly optimistic.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rastahawk":3ps513l9 said:
I will always remember the day they announced Pete Carroll was our new coach. I jumped for joy. I've been a So Cal resident for 12 years and I know the kind of motivator Pete is. A lot of the media saw it as kind of a joke but I was quietly optimistic.
Good for you Rasta. I was mostly "wait and see" but had a little optimism based on what he did at SC.

rastahawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1h92wdak said:
rastahawk":1h92wdak said:
Good for you Rasta. I was mostly "wait and see" but had a little optimism based on what he did at SC.
I also jumped for joy when we got Matt Flynn :lol:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rastahawk":1ud44by5 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1ud44by5 said:
rastahawk":1ud44by5 said:
I also jumped for joy when we got Matt Flynn :lol:
Ouch. And way to man up on that one. Again I was wait and see though was pleased we were trying something.