Why don't we ever, ever, ever, ever see Christine Michael?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was rewatching the MNF beatdown today and at the end of the game they were going with Turbin and Coleman. Why don't we ever see Christine Michael get any snaps?

That dude must seriously be in the dog house or something. :Dunno:

Axx

Reaction score
i think he is either A) Injured B) not on Active roster to make room for other players like Mike Rob

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Axx":a7s3621f said:
i think he is either A) Injured B) not on Active roster to make room for other players like Mike Rob

Is B an educated guess or was he actually inactive last game?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Most of the time he's not on the active game day roster, so even when we're winning by a lot, he can't get PT.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
He's like Nessie. Something you've heard about, but only see while drunk and alone because he doesn't want any witnesses. Or that could have been a goal post pylon, whatever.

ivotuk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":36p3ooaq said:
He's like Nessie. Something you've heard about, but only see while drunk and alone because he doesn't want any witnesses. Or that could have been a goal post pylon, whatever.

I had a girlfriend like Nessie....at least i think she was real'? :D

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Pretty sure he wasnt active on Monday. Did anyone else think it was weird to see Coleman getting carries and in on blocking even though Mike Rob started? I mean i guess he needs reps too and needs to improve. I bet i just answered my own question lol.

Side note, seeing Lockette get a carry on that reverse gets me excited to see Percy doing the same thing but for huge gains. :D

Snohomie

Reaction score
ivotuk":qjx5akgv said:
OkieHawk":qjx5akgv said:

Manti?

hawk45

Reaction score
Sometimes I think it's just a artifact of the injured OL most of the season and the fact that we needed our best pass protectors out there at all times and so a less-dynamic Turbin was preferable for a few plays than Michael.

With a healthy OL, that reason becomes less pressing. It isn't for fear of messing with the offense. They bring Coleman back and work him in even (when Robinson is awesome and so there's no pressing reason to do so). Dude they work Ricardo Lockette into the offense instantly for visible contribution.

So yeah, if this continues with a healthy OL I'll be buying the doghouse theory as time goes on.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going with conspiracy theory myself since that always fits me like a glove. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I suspect this off season we will find out why, doesn't make a lot of sense to have that value and not use him unless there is a plan.

Or he's is just a luxury pick right now and could be brought in the fold come playoff time like I suspect Harvin will be.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Here is what I noticed and think
Michael when he has been active has been put in in garbage time and has been explosive.
It is worth noting that right after a great Michael run we see a turbin run and usualy its for no gain.
I think they are seeing what turbin does in the same situation. they have proven out Michael quite a few times in this fashion. My best guess is this.
with coleman back they are going with 2 rbs and 2 fbs. coleman can run tailback also. so that frees up another def spot. This also gets colemen more reps.
Coleman did fine in all his assignments to me.

now this is all with the eye test and rolling right off the sleeve. I would have to watch tape to to confirm but i'm to lazy.

hawk45

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":yn85buxj said:
Here is what I noticed and think
Michael when he has been active has been put in in garbage time and has been explosive.
It is worth noting that right after a great Michael run we see a turbin run and usualy its for no gain.
I think they are seeing what turbin does in the same situation. they have proven out Michael quite a few times in this fashion. My best guess is this.
with coleman back they are going with 2 rbs and 2 fbs. coleman can run tailback also. so that frees up another def spot. This also gets colemen more reps.
Coleman did fine in all his assignments to me.

now this is all with the eye test and rolling right off the sleeve. I would have to watch tape to to confirm but i'm to lazy.

This doesn't make sense to me 4thewin. They have a whole year of tape on Turbin, and have been using him all this year. I can't buy that in the, what, 5 plays Michael has had all season they've made up his mind that Michael is the real deal and so they need to see more of Turbin as sort of an audition for Turbin?

I readily admit it's all guesses at this point so I can't claim mine is any better than yours. But this isn't how they've operated with other players. If they think a guy has it, they play the guy as much as they can.

In fact as we sit here discussing like this it reminds me maybe of...Tate? I felt like we didn't see Tate as much as we expected to given his draft slot. But they had concerns about him with route-running and what not that it took him 1-2 years to dispel fully, and his playing time seemed to scale with how much he had licked those concerns. Now of course he's always out there.

So that makes me wonder if there isn't really some fairly significant (but curable) hole in his game similar to Tate. Maybe it is the pass-blocking rumor that has been circulated. For a running back that's pretty much what it's gotta be, because to my eyes with the ball in his hands he is superior to Turbin.

scakfan

Reaction score
It has to do with pass blocking, reading zone blocking, and the need for depth in other areas. This is basically his redshirt year where he is coached up in practice to learn the offense and how to better handle the skills I mentioned.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
They are stashing him for next year IMO. Some guys need more time based on the prior system in college and ability to pick up the offense. There are only so many carries to go around.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Could he be inactive due to others being better in special teams coverage? Special teams, and ST coverage particularly, is universally the most underrated thing by football fans. Before Monday night, I'd never heard that "15 yards surrendered on punt coverage" stat--not even on this board.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Snohomie":2snijv9y said:
ivotuk":2snijv9y said:
OkieHawk":2snijv9y said:

Manti?

Lol

Maxman186

Reaction score
He is usually inactive because Pete still doesn't believe he can protect the pass well

Basis4day

Reaction score
scakfan":2l9wl214 said:
It has to do with pass blocking, reading zone blocking, and the need for depth in other areas. This is basically his redshirt year where he is coached up in practice to learn the offense and how to better handle the skills I mentioned.

Pete has basically said all of the above. Either believe Pete's explanation (Which makes compete sense) or don't.
It is not as simple as who runs a simple power player in garbage time between Turbin and Michael.

If Michael is inactive, accept it. It doesn't need to be some convoluted conspiracy.