Been waiting almost 40 years to see this

dopeboy206

Reaction score
@Will I

I thought u knew that by now? With that said we gonna prove them wrong...

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Records and trends were made for the Seahawks to break and wreck.

We drive our own destiny!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1wo969u5 said:
U know the favorites rarely win the SB right?

Being a favorite doesn't mean you are guaranteed to win the SB. Its just an indication of probability. Having better odds in vegas is a good thing, anyone who says otherwise is not educated on how odds/favorites work.

hawker84

Reaction score
It means folks think we have a pretty good team. We have just as good a chance to win it all as everyone else, just need to execute down the stretch. Play Seahawk football from here on out, and RW will be hoisting the Lombardi trophy in February.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1a48ftm0 said:
dopeboy206":1a48ftm0 said:

Being a favorite doesn't mean you are guaranteed to win the SB. Its just an indication of probability. Having better odds in vegas is a good thing, anyone who says otherwise is not educated on how odds/favorites work.

Dude I know that. All I am saying is the favorites rarely win. Im not counting the hawks out. And I want us to win but how many SB favorites the past 10 years won according to LV..?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
dopeboy206":14pj4p43 said:
Dude I know that. All I am saying is the favorites rarely win. Im not counting the hawks out. And I want us to win but how many SB favorites the past 10 years won according to LV..?

This question is completely irrelevant.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
In horse racing the favorite wins about 30% of the time. That is usually averaging about 10 horse fields, which is about the same number of teams in the playoffs.

I just like that we are the favorites.

:icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Football Outsider odds of winning the Super Bowl:
Seahawks 25.8%
Broncos 17.8%
Patriots 11.3%
Panthers 10.9%
Chiefs 8.0%
Saints 7.9%
Bengals 6.6%
49ers 5.1%

FO sorts by DVOA in making these, and we're in pretty rarefied air for DVOA at this point in the season, so our situation might be better than most. And yet it still only gives us a 1-in-4 chance. That's just the reality of having to run the gauntlet that is the NFL playoffs. It's still far better to be in our situation heading into the playoffs than to be in, for instance, the 2012 Ravens' situation, and it really means nothing for predictive purposes that they managed to win it all last year.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
If we get HFA, we only need to win 2 games to get there. And it is pretty clear winning in Seattle ain't easy PLUS we just won at the site of the SB.

seabowl

Reaction score
We have been the favorites before. I remember back in 1986 we were favored of the Bears but had the 2 win 2 loss and so on season. This is certainly different however in 2005 we were probably the favorites after the Colts were beat by the Stealers. I agree though it feels real nice now to be a Hawks fan. Actually kind of strange to be in this position.

pmedic920

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1gaf8oe2 said:
Football Outsider odds of winning the Super Bowl:
Seahawks 25.8%
Broncos 17.8%
Patriots 11.3%
Panthers 10.9%
Chiefs 8.0%
Saints 7.9%
Bengals 6.6%
49ers 5.1%

FO sorts by DVOA in making these, and we're in pretty rarefied air for DVOA at this point in the season, so our situation might be better than most. And yet it still only gives us a 1-in-4 chance. That's just the reality of having to run the gauntlet that is the NFL playoffs. It's still far better to be in our situation heading into the playoffs than to be in, for instance, the 2012 Ravens' situation, and it really means nothing for predictive purposes that they managed to win it all last year.

I wonder how those odds will change once we lock up HFA ?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
3-2 odds is pretty insane, has it ever been that even?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
dopeboy206":20ko5vvw said:
ImTheScientist":20ko5vvw said:
dopeboy206":20ko5vvw said:

I believe its been 2 or 3 of the last 8 which is extremely good considering the odds (thought I saw that number somewhere).

Regardless past odds/teams have nothing to do with current odds/this team. :0190l:

dopeboy206

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3hflm9om said:
dopeboy206":3hflm9om said:

How it has something to do with SB favorites which the Hawks are this year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2ptfsjsp said:
MidwestHawker":2ptfsjsp said:
dopeboy206":2ptfsjsp said:

Until you can show information that proves your point, no one is going to take is seriously.

I specifically remember Green Bay being favored and they beat the stealers. Who was favored last year?

The only time I remember the favored team losing it NY beating New England.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You don't need to win each time.

You just need to be in a position to knock on the door for 3-4 years.

We are certainly in that position. Remember Green Bay with Favre, White, Chmura and the rest? They were good for a long time but only won it once.
The Bills were incredibly dominant, one of the most dominant teams of their time (if you check the #s) and yet they didn't win it at all.

What matters is matchups, not who is "best". The advantage is that right now the matchups favor us. And honestly, after years of crap Seahawks teams just being able to go watch an incredibly talented and dominant team, knowing it is your team, has already been pretty special. For two years this has been an incredible ride and since the rules of the NFL are focused on pushing the advantage to the QB, having a great QB assures that we get at least a few more bites at the apple.

And we get to be the Evil Empire. I love that we are the villains. I am absolutely basking in and embracing the hatred. It is the best time to be a Hawk fan ever.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
ivotuk":3dplsq43 said:
dopeboy206":3dplsq43 said:
MidwestHawker":3dplsq43 said:
dopeboy206":3dplsq43 said:

Until you can show information that proves your point, no one is going to take is seriously.

I specifically remember Green Bay being favored and they beat the stealers. Who was favored last year?

The only time I remember the favored team losing it NY beating New England.

Are you talking about the Super Bowl game itself or the odds to win the SB...? This thread is talking about odds not the actual game line between two teams. Smh. Google is your friend and until you learn to understand the meaning of "odds to win the SB" then no one is taking you seriously..