What single event....

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
changed the fate of this team and brought us to where we are at today? For me, it was the Golden Tate 'fail mary.'

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Paul Allen buying the team.

Without that, the other dominos do not fall.

We probably don't fire Mora (who is turning into a damned good coach at UCLA)

We most assuredly don't make the big pitch for Carroll.

Schneider does not follow.

So the team does not do as well in the later rounds of the draft, meaning no Sherman and almost assuredly no Wilson.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":vghps2al said:
Paul Allen buying the team.

Without that, the other dominos do not fall.

We probably don't fire Mora (who is turning into a damned good coach at UCLA)

We most assuredly don't make the big pitch for Carroll.

Schneider does not follow.

So the team does not do as well in the later rounds of the draft, meaning no Sherman and almost assuredly no Wilson.

Ken Bering-we woke up from that sweaty nightmare when he bought the team.

daketah

Reaction score
Steve2222":n2iiici5 said:
The drafting of Russell Wilson hands down.

I'd agree with the suggestion that it was Paul Allen buying the team, but we'd still be 'building' if we didn't have #3.

enamel

Reaction score
McGruff":tsv1g9sy said:
October 23rd, 2011.

Good Lord. I'd forgotten about that game and I was there. Whitehurst was just brutal.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I agree with what most say but what about the trade??Getting Beast!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
No 'single event' brought us here.

The most noteworthy one, for me, was Leiweke's gutsy decision to completely overhaul the front office and coaching staff, then implement a whole new (for us) philosophy; a collaborative approach to running the team.

In close second comes his next gusty (and mostly unpopular) move of hiring a coach who never accomplished much in the NFL, then to believe in Carroll so much he went against his own reservations about giving a coach authority over a GM.

I suppose the many people who bashed Leiweke would rather not remember how instrumental he was at getting this whole thing off the ground. The dude is a genius as far a I'm concerned. What he touches turns to gold; a stark contrast to Bob Whittless sucking the life out of everything HE touched.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I've often thought about this single play from the Bears game over the past year:

On the final drive in regulation, Sidney Rice breaks up a potential interception on a ball thrown by Russell Wilson. An interception in that situation effectively ends the game and Seattle loses to the Bears.

Where would we be today if Rice hadn't broken up that pass?!

irocdave

Reaction score
Loaded question. Hawks probably wouldn't be in Seattle if it wasn't for Paul Allen. Would not exist if it were not for the Nordstrom family. The obvious choice for why the Hawks are where they are if your only looking at the last 3 years would be the Carroll hiring. Who knows where the Hawks would be if Testeverdes head hadn't crossed the goal line and Erickson wouldn't have been let go for Holmie.