In Pete We Trust

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
He called a conservative game the second half because we had a strong lead and the only thing that could derail us was turnovers. The wind made passing dicey. Brees got lucky to even make the game as close as it was. Without the freak tipped near interception and without Tate choking on the onsides, we easily dominate that game.

His plan worked. We won. That's what matters.

If Carolina comes up here next week and we beat them 12-7 again, I'll take it.

warden

Reaction score
Pete is not interested in style points, fantasy football numbers. Just wins, he will do what he feels best to get a win and so far he is doing an awesome job at getting wins.

White Devil

Reaction score
Exactly. This team plays each game in the moment of the game. They play to win the game and make adjustments as needed.

They are built to win ugly. There is nothing wrong with winning ugly.

It is still winning.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
I agree. I also think it's time to face the facts. We are the 2000 Ravens. We are going to lean heavy on the D, play conservative mistake free offense, and take advantage of the opportunities the defense gives us via turnovers and field position to put points on the board. I want to see an offensive juggernaut putting up 30+ points a game just as much as the next guy, but the simple reality is that with the way this team is built if we can muster up 20 points a game, we are going to win. And that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

Next week is likely to be more of the same. While both the Panthers and Niners have even better defenses that the Saints, Brees and Company was probably the best offense we will face in the playoffs and we were able to shut them down and get the win. I am very confident that we can win next weeks game in similar fashion and advance to the Super Bowl. Where we will likely face another high powered offense, but are probably not going to have to deal with such a stingy D.

dradee

Reaction score
Happy to have Pete but he was out coached yesterday , he needs to compete more himself. I think it was a bad non challenge on the fumble and allowing such a vanilla run game that everyone knew what was coming over and over.

Mix up the sets more please, you can run it over and over but mix up the looks. Lynch wide is not tricky nor successful use the beast on hitches and swing passes. Saints stacked for the run over and over with no answer from the OC.

We only won because of better athletes, it certainly wasn't the coaching. Relying too much on our great DEFENSE , I only hope they can keep carrying us.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The Saints stacked for the run...and Lynch ran for 140 yds. When the defense knows what's coming and can't stop it, you keep doing it.

socalhawker333

Reaction score
PC outcoached? We won!!! Beastmode trampled over the Saints and our defense stopped one of the best offenses and we were outcoached? We won! Were we watching the same game??? Lol!!!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Being conservative and protecting the ball when we need to is perfectly fine. We were going against the wind in the 3rd quarter. But going vanilla is a different matter. You can still be conservative without being vanilla.

dradee

Reaction score
Absolutely out coached, Saints had a way better game plan than the Hawks staff. Superior athletes won the game not the coaching staff. Lynch got yards not because of great nicely drawn up plays, he got yards because of his will and athleticism. Swinging him wide over and over did nothing but take him out of the play over and over.