Lombardi or bust?

birdman5

Reaction score
Is anything but a NFL championship a frailer or at leat a huge disappointment for you?

For me it is. having been a fan since the inception of this team, I know how hard it is to get to this point. It gets harder every year to say "we'll get them next year!" because usually (for us, always thus far) we don't!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yes. The team is ready to win it this year and very difficult choices need to be made after this season in regards to contracts, possible coaches leaving, etc.

The team is built for long-term success, but it is very difficult to get in this position, be healthy, and a lot of our key guys are under rookie deals.

If we don't win it this year we won't have a greater chance any other year, especially with the division only improving.

Axx

Reaction score
think you spelt lombardi wrong

TAB420

Reaction score
I will be very sad but when I look at what this team has done without a true #1 rec and half the season without a #1 or #2 It's make me very honored to be a Seahawk fan. I want it all but at the same time this isnt it for the Seahawks.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
There have definitely been some let downs over the years. For me, looking back to "05 for example, no one saw that coming, we were not expected to win our own division. let alone win the NFC and play in the Super Bowl. So after that season, although I was extremely disappointed that we came so close and still didn't get a championship, I found a little satisfaction in knowing that we had a great season and overachieved compared to preseason expectations.

This year, we expected to win, we expected to be right where we are right now and win. This is the best team we have ever had and it's time to finally bring home the Lombardi. Can't wait for Sunday to get here, GO HAWKS!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, this team is a championship team talent wise. Just have to do it. In today's NFL you can only keep teams together for so long before the salary cap starts biting. Win it this year and we all can relax for the next few seasons.

rjdriver

Reaction score
1984- On a roll like no other. Somehow lost the last two for a wildcard at 12-4. Had we had we had HFA, we would have won it all.

2005- 13-3 HFA. Statistically outplayed our Super Bowl opponent. Had we had a few call go are way, we would have hoisted the Lombardi. Magical season.

2013- Played much of year with a rag tag O-Line. Lost our two high paid WR's to long injuries. Best record in the NFC. Home field throughout. Outcome to be determined.

We are due, it's our time. This team is capable and destined. I'm in.

"WE ALL WE GOT, WE. ALL WE NEED"

carlwain74

Reaction score
Our defense will show up and cause issues for the 49ers, but will offense do the same like in week 2?

I honestly believe we can do win on Sunday and make it to the Superbowl.

Superbowl is neutral grounds so anything can happen...let's all cheer for New England.

Baba Ganoush

Reaction score
rjdriver":28h89nq8 said:
1984- On a roll like no other. Somehow lost the last two for a wildcard at 12-4. Had we had we had HFA, we would have won it all.

2005- 13-3 HFA. Statistically outplayed our Super Bowl opponent. Had we had a few call go are way, we would have hoisted the Lombardi. Magical season.

2013- Played much of year with a rag tag O-Line. Lost our two high paid WR's to long injuries. Best record in the NFC. Home field throughout. Outcome to be determined.

I was 1 year old and have only seen highlights of that 1984 year. Do you really think you would have beaten the Dolphins with Marino or the 15-1 49ers with Montana?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Call me a homer, but I do. It might have gone down to whomever held the ball last wins. Too bad it never got to that point.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
birdman5":kf8qdvru said:
Is anything but a NFL championship a frailer or at leat a huge disappointment for you?

For me it is. having been a fan since the inception of this team, I know how hard it is to get to this point. It gets harder every year to say "we'll get them next year!" because usually (for us, always thus far) we don't!
I want to say yes but realize there usually is a progression to winning a Superbowl.

The 49ers did something rare 3 NFCCG in a row. Hopefully they do as well as Philadelphia.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Baba Ganoush":32cha3ad said:
rjdriver":32cha3ad said:

I was 1 year old and have only seen highlights of that 1984 year. Do you really think you would have beaten the Dolphins with Marino or the 15-1 49ers with Montana?
I was 8 or so (.:)).But from my brothers that knew about that defense? Yes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Knocking off the Niners to make the SuperbOwl would about as good as it gets. Winning it all would be even better obviously.

Allseahawk

Reaction score
Considering this team will have a very different look next year with all the cap casualties and free agents I say yes. We have a tiny window to work with... There's no guarantee we come this far next year. So anything short of a SB win is a disappointment. Russell and the receivers need to step up.