Niners are flying in today. [schefter twitter]

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Turn on the 12th Man Signal! We've got a Beats commercial to film!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hope they have a safe but uncomfortable flight. Also, can someone please pull some strings and arrange for a delay on the ground accompanied by a failure in climate control on said plane once it has safely landed?

djb28

Reaction score
Two days early? What is that going to do for them? Maybe get some good food. It wont be loud until Sunday, Then what will it matter how early they fly in?

kidhawk

Reaction score
They flew to both of their last two games on Friday as well. If I were in there shoes I'd keep doing what's working as well.

Polaris

Reaction score
I know why they are doing this: superstition

The last two road games involved getting used to east coast time and so they travelled a day early. The Niners want to keep the same routine because they won before on the road in the playoffs.

Frankly I think it's dumb. The Niners have been on the road forever. They need as much rest between games as possible.

chrispy

Reaction score
I'd want a few extra days away from 9r fans too....

But seriously, I've heard of instances where visiting teams are kept all night by misguided fans or are bothered in some way. I can't understand why getting here early is an advantage. Maybe just, do something different because what they have done in the past really didn't work. Did they paint a Seahawk on their practice field too?

253hawk

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":1uhlw1bc said:

Everyone meet up at their team bus so we can pee on it! Because that's a thing we do, apparently.

seadoc30

Reaction score
djb28":sl6s9xbx said:
Two days early? What is that going to do for them? Maybe get some good food. It wont be loud until Sunday, Then what will it matter how early they fly in?

It's worked for them last 2 games. I personally think it's a wise idea. Why not give them more time to get acclimated to the city, weather, hostile environment.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
253hawk":3rappm82 said:
imnKOgnito":3rappm82 said:

Everyone meet up at their team bus so we can pee on it! Because that's a thing we do, apparently.

I'll bring the cooler to smash against the windshield. My styrofoam budget is through the roof this year.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Polaris":18kxbvjj said:

The last two road games involved getting used to east coast time and so they travelled a day early. The Niners want to keep the same routine because they won before on the road in the playoffs.

Frankly I think it's dumb. The Niners have been on the road forever. They need as much rest between games as possible.

I heard they're flying in early because it's a league policy during the playoffs for a team to arrive 2 days ahead of time.

seabowl

Reaction score
I actually think it's a smart idea. Get the team here early and not have to stress about one extra thing being the trip itself. Our hope now is that one of their better players does a Eugene Robinson SB special.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":rdy6gpqk said:
Polaris":rdy6gpqk said:

I heard they're flying in early because it's a league policy during the playoffs for a team to arrive 2 days ahead of time.

That's simply not true.

They've been flying into games two days before for a few weeks now, they're just doing what has been working for them. Not that it matters any, they suck at CLink.

253hawk

Reaction score
seabowl":306q24kh said:
I actually think it's a smart idea. Get the team here early and not have to stress about one extra thing being the trip itself. Our hope now is that one of their better players does a Eugene Robinson SB special.

Oh no...someone make sure the tortoises are secure in the aquarium!

Polaris

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2tm5nxly said:
It's league mandated that they have to fly in today.

OK. I had heard it was because they had done it before. If it's league mandated..... :shrug:

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
chrispy":2ktu3j7v said:
I'd want a few extra days away from 9r fans too....

But seriously, I've heard of instances where visiting teams are kept all night by misguided fans or are bothered in some way. I can't understand why getting here early is an advantage. Maybe just, do something different because what they have done in the past really didn't work. Did they paint a Seahawk on their practice field too?

The Niners are staying at the Hyatt, Olive and 8th, if anyone wants to organize a loud protest for Saturday night, I'm game. :49ersmall:

NorCal

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure the Hyatt isn't going to have a problem with a crowd keeping up their customers all night.