really impressed with Kaep

plyka

Reaction score
I'm reading over the niner boards and they are in meltdown mode. The niner webzone server was down --literally --due to the meltodwn, lol. Anyway, they are over there destroying their QB.

But I gotta say this --and I can only say it since we won --but I was definitely impressed with Kaep. He didn't let the pressure get to him. It's almost as though he didn't care. The pressure was obvious, Wilson let it get to him in the first half, then played more free in the 2nd half. But Kaep played so carefree through the game and that impressed me. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, that carefree attitude cost him some bad passes. Especially that last hail mary to Crabs and that INT to out beast in the secondary Chance.

Still though, he was their ENTIRE offense --Kaep was. Against this defense, which is as amazing as any I've seen with the exception of the 2000 Ravens and the 2002 Bucs, and probably one of the Dallas D's in the 1990's. Kaep was their one threat. He played a great game.

I'd still rather have Wilson, but I just thought I should give Kaep some props, because without his play this game wouldn't have been as epic as it was. And it was truly epic.

Axx

Reaction score
hopefully someone makes a "Best Of Webzone" thread soon.

But yeah, kaepernick played really good for 3 quarters, then he went back to his "deer lost in headlights" ways. I saw his post game and on the final play he knew he was going to through it to crabtree and he did. It ended up in Shermans hand.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
He made some insanely good and timely plays today. As much as I hoped he'd be a flash in the pan, gotta give him props. The Kaep/Wilson duels over the next decade are going to be remembered in the same vein as the Manning/Brady duels of the past decade.

Might be hell on my blood pressure, but it's great for the NFL.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":1qlrfh28 said:
.....As much as I hoped he'd be a flash in the pan, gotta give him props. The Kaep/Wilson duels over the next decade are going to be remembered in the same vein as the Manning/Brady duels of the past decade.

Might be hell on my blood pressure, but it's great for the NFL.
Great post. Agree completely.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I totally agree with the OP. Those runs in the first half were demoralizing. His speed has got to be world class. It was like video game s___. He didn't make a ton of bad throws, and he did extend plays to find open guys. I've personally knocked him for being a one read qb and take off and run. Tonight, in person i saw him extend and keep eyes down field to find Boldin, Vernon, etc. I was impressed for sure.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I wasn't very impressed with Kaep, the guy to me is just a more impressive Michael Vick.

But he has scary potential once he develops into a QB like Andrew Luck. A QB who is pretty athletic and can run pretty well but Luck doesn't let that attribute define him.

Kaeps took some big strides this year as a pocket passer but he still has work to do.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
F Kaeperdick and F the Niners. He could have won the game for them and he choked. They've had nothing good to say about BIG RUSS from the beginning. They are the new paper champs.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I am impressed with him as an athlete, but man he is not a very good QB. It truly is one read and run. Take away that flukey jump TD, which was an absolutely amazing display of physical talent, and he was barely a functional QB, IMO.

There's probably not a QB that sniffs him in regards to physical talent, but he might be the most mentally limited passer when it comes to reads/progressions (that's not saying he is stupid btw - Marino was a moron but could scan the field like no other). He looks like he makes up his mind in the huddle about the forthcoming pass play.

Again, undeniable talent, but he really needs to learn how to go through simple progressions, otherwise he might not be a QB when he turns 30 or loses a step or 2. If he had laser vision, his first reads would be burned to death.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Impressed with Kaep? WTF

Aside from a couple great runs, he basically lost the game for his team with horrible turnovers.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I have never seen him play in person until tonight. His 'real life" speed is amazing.

Riley12

Reaction score
Yeah, Krapperdick is great when his line is grabbing D-Line jerseys and shoving them to the ground.

He plays his Brady/Manning card privileges to the fullest.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
His pocket presence is really improving. I'd love to see Wilson learn to scramble forward when things break down. The scramble backwards mentality led to that 20 yard intentional grounding. Kaep is going to he a thorn in our side for years to come, no question.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We could not stop him running in the first half. I thought he alone was going to beat us.

I'll admit I was scared. He had the Kaep smile going on, he was running free against our D, and he didn't seem to be bothered one bit by the environment.

He's going to be really good once he figures out how to fix some of those mistakes.

lsheldon

Reaction score
The two interceptions were caused by me knifing my Krapearnik Voodoo doll. You cant blame those on him, that thing is shredded. I just need to find a Manning Voodoo doll now. That shit really works.....!!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Kaepernick is a great athlete, but when the pressure is on, he reverts to one-read and throwing to his safety blanket regardless of the coverage.

He threw that ball at Chancellor after staring him down because he wanted to go to Boldin, coverage be damned. He threw that ball at Sherman when everyone in the league should know better than throwing that fade route on Sherman by now because he wanted to hit Crabtree, coverage be damned.

If we could quantify "clutch," Kaepernick would be low on it.

strohmin

Reaction score
My concern for this game was Kaep running wild because honestly I thought if we lost it would be because he ran for over 200. He kept plays alive for a long time because of his legs which is where some of his completions came from. Passing wise I wasn't concerned as much.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I consider him one of the scariest QBs to go up against. Seems he can rip off a 50 yard run or pass as easily as any QB in the league. Can avoid sacks in every way imaginable. He is far more dynamic than Alex Smith, and it's not even close. SF made the right decision.

That being said, he was responsible for three 4th quarter turnovers in a tight game. We would be killing our QB if he did the same. That's the way it goes. Can't blame the SF fans.