For the old timers

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I unofficaly dedicate this NFC championship to you guys . The 12s that have been there forever died with this team every Sunday and stuck with it all the way . I'm a fan since 83 not the teams inception . This is for those who have been there since day one!
This ones for you 12s! Hope you have enjoyed this team as much as I have!

One more to go for all of us .

HawkinSinCity

Reaction score
I was eight years old. For Christmas, my folks got me a Seahawks Jacket from Sears....it was bright royal fake wool body with silver vinyl sleeves (that cracked like eggshells in the Yakima cold). I wore the hell outta that coat. About time we get some rings, eh gents??!

OrFan

Reaction score
Been waiting since 76, I was 14 years old and playing jr. high school football. I was in heaven that I finally had a team to call my own. Been a little while since then. I hope so bad that we get a ring.

Jiggy

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1r4yt21i said:
I unofficaly dedicate this NFC championship to you guys . The 12s that have been there forever died with this team every Sunday and stuck with it all the way . I'm a fan since 83 not the teams inception . This is for those who have been there since day one!
This ones for you 12s! Hope you have enjoyed this team as much as I have!

One more to go for all of us .

Dude, I have been a fan since 76... Saying that, someone who has been a fan since 83 is pretty much in the old timer crowd. :)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
It's been a long ride but it as had plenty of highlights along the way.

oldschlhwkfn

Reaction score
I was 13 in 76. Went to a Seahawks preseason game at Joe Albi Stadium here in Spokane.
They played the Chicago Bears (Walter Payton was in his second year).
From that day until present have been fan and will always be.

Reaction score
I was 9 in 1976. It was so great to finally get ourselves a team to pull for. The Seahawks were always so unpredictable and interesting to watch, and no matter how bad we were we always gave them Raiders fits lol.

This has felt like our year, all year. So ready for this game!

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I've been here since the beginning and made it through it all, both up's and down's... We're on the up now, so let's take it all the way!!! GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Went to a preseason game in Spokane in 1976 when I was 15 against the Bears. Was hooked as soon as I saw the helmet!

JoeHawk80

Reaction score
Was a fan of the Dolphins because my dad was and he grew up in Miami. I was seven when we got the franchise and asked my dad if he would be mad at me for beaing a Seahawks fan instead, because this was my home town. He laughed and told me it was OK. He told me that to be a true fan you have to still root for the team even when they are not winning. Didn't know how rough it would be. Just makes today feel ten times better!

checkdanews

Reaction score
My Dad passed away almost 2 years ago exactly, it sucks so bad he didn't get to enjoy the last 2 seasons...He is the reason I bleed seahawks blue and green. I remember driving up to Washington from Humboldt county, California just to watch the kingdome go down, couldn't help but get emotional watching him tearing up watching it go down....Im so excited, yet its so bittersweet. People don't understand the love we have for this team, This is family!

r.r.

Reaction score
Went to the 1976 game in Spokane vs Chicago Bears, I was 9, before that I was a LA Rams fan.
The celebration at the Clink was awesome, high fives and hugs all around, pure joy.

Boiler

Reaction score
HawkinSinCity":24ts7vri said:
I was eight years old. For Christmas, my folks got me a Seahawks Jacket from Sears....it was bright royal fake wool body with silver vinyl sleeves (that cracked like eggshells in the Yakima cold). I wore the hell outta that coat. About time we get some rings, eh gents??!

I had the exact same jacket.