If We Lose: 2012 or 2013?

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
First off, I feel very good about our chances on Feb 2nd. However, if we lose, which season was more special? This year or last year?

2013 has certainly been a special year, but unless it ends in a ring, there was just something about 2012 that I will never forget. This year, I've been calm and have known that we can win every game. Last year, I was on the edge of my seat every game with great memories like the GB, CHI, ARI, SF, BUF games. It was the year we all realized that the Hawks have elevated to contenders.

So what say all of you? 2012 or 2013?

Coxal

Reaction score
Tough call... Obviously this year if we won in 2 weeks. But even if we lose this one, it will still be an amazing year. Yes w've known all year that we were the team to beat, especially @home but still : Seeing our 2 clutch FA having break out season (Bennett, Avril)? 29-3 early in the season against SF? Get back to Atlanta and raping them like we did after what happened last year? Blowing out the Saints and Brees @home on a Monday night? Beat the 49ers in an INSANE NFC championship game? Wow such an amazing year.

Tough to pick one season, I'd rather say that I've known 2 special years with the Seahawks. And I hope that, one day, I'd be able to say a special decade. Of course, the birth of the Wilson era coming out of nowhere and the LOB will stay in my heart until the end of my days.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
13-3 --NFC West champs-- NFC Conference champs--playing in the Super Bowl==special
Last yr was very good, this year was special.

themunn

Reaction score
Beating the Niners in the NFCCG will be the best game in Seahawks history unless we win the Superbowl in even more nail-biting fashion.
If we win a blowout or lose, the NFCCG will still be looked at as the defining game of this season

That's enough for me to push 2013 over the top.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'd say 2013. 2012 was great as a coming out year for everything PC/JS have been aiming for. There were a lot of frustrating games though. AZ week 1, Miami, Detroit @Rams. 2013 was injury ravaged and still ended up winning home field. Only 1 really frustrating loss to AZ @home this year. Plus this year we added Avril and Bennett, who are both awesome. Then of course NFC champs.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
2012 had a special, unrepeatable quality about it. This year the expectations have been so high that it's only been fun for the last couple weeks.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
2012: birth of the dynasty (Wilson, LOB, etc)
2013: first Lombardi (fulfillment of PC & JS 4-year plan)

win-win (forever!)

hawkfannj

Reaction score
We are not losing !! Only positivity here .

Xarbx425

Reaction score
2012 was good but 2013 and going to the superbowl trumps that for me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":30gpcngm said:
Why on earth would you start a thread called "if we lose"?

Completely agree with this

Besides, I wouldn't even compare the two. Going to the Super Bowl trumps losing before you get the the Championship game every time. If there's a comparison at all, it's between this year and 2005 and after we win the Super Bowl this year, it will easily trump every season in history

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
2013 and it's not even close. WE BEAT THE WHINERS IN OUR HOUSE IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TO GO TO THE SUPER BOWL!!

Not even close.

themunn

Reaction score
ha, it's only reading through the thread again that I even noticed the "if we lose"

To me such a thought DOESN'T EVEN REGISTER

ceej22

Reaction score
This year easy. We beat our biggest most hated rival for the NFC Championship on our home turf in a game we didn't have the lead in until the 4th qtr. Talk about being on the edge of our seat how about the Houston, Carolina, Saint Louis, and Tampa games. Not that 2012 wasn't great for the reasons you mentioned but this season for me is better.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
4th year of the plan, dominating along the way to the Super Bowl, hopefully walking away the World Champs?...2013 by a car length.

2012 was a nice precursor to this season.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I can see where the OP is coming from.

2012, there were no real expectations. We came in as underdogs and went through some early season adversity. There were more epic nail-biters - vs GB, vs NE, @ CHI, @WAS, @ATL. Seeing the grit, for the first time, was very special. The fact that we got so far with a rookie quarterback, seemed like a miracle.

We were favored going into 2013. We had come to expect last second heroics. Anything less than a superbowl appearance would have been considered a disappointment. \

All that said, 2012 was the perfect lead in for 2013.