How do you see it playing out, in your minds eye?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I figure than rather just posting a poll to actually have some discussion on what you think or expect might happen in the super bowl. I've been asking close friends of mine to give me honest predictions for the super bowl, mind you most of them are not Seahawks fans living in Florida.

I have one friend (Steelers fan but very respectable, thinks the Seahawks are a lot like that 05 Steelers team, which is accurate actually) that believes Richard Sherman won't even be targeted in the game due to Manning being a robot and avoiding that, I kinda agree with that and don't think Manning would be foolish enough to test Richard Sherman more than a few times during the game.

I think Wes Welker and defending the slant routes and short passes over the middle field is once again going to be tested, I know Seattle had some trouble with that last year, not specifically the Broncos, but it hasn't seem to be as much of a problem this time around.

He told me 21-10 Broncos entering the fourth and then the final score being 21-17, I simply told him that score is impossible entering the 4th unless the Seahawks have the lead, I honestly can't see anyway Denver has a 10+ point lead in the 4th.

He brought up linebacker play and the ability of KJ Wright to cover Thomas, as we saw with Graham, KJ Wright has no coverage problems, that being said I don't think our LB are world beaters but at least very very good and consistent.

He doesn't think Russell Wilson can win the game if he has to, my response was simply he can if he has to and has done so before, even being off the last few weeks. (I thought he played better against San Fran, minus that ridiculous red zone drive at the end of the game where he fumbled twice in two plays I think). That being said I still don't think it's going to come down to RW, if he manages the game and gets Harvin involved and Lynch does his thing, we will win the Super Bowl.

I think the biggest match up of this game is Seattle's D line pass rush vs Denver's O line, I think that has a lot to say in who wins the game, actually no, I just think that determines how much Seattle wins by.

We also talked about possible horrible weather which I think would benefit Seattle.

All in all after my discussion with him I have become even more convinced that the Seahawks will win the super bowl!

It's our time .net, I have full confidence! LETS GO! What say you? :0190l:

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I see Marshawn as the MVP. Several defensive players have great games but his 2nd half effort puts the game out of reach. Seahawks win by at least 14 and Manning doesn't finish the game after being knocked around all night. A light snow begins to fall midway 4th quarter, and its a late Christmas for all the 12's

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I see something similar to last year with Atlanta without Denver going up 20. Something like 31-20 Seahawks. Denver is decent against the run but not good against the pass and that spells trouble for them and us being able to get a 10 point lead quick and basically controlling the tempo. If the weather is bad and Percy a factor this game has blowout written all over it.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Fair officiating: I think we straight up kick their butts and Manning will not finish the game. Marshawn will be the MVP with two TDs and 120 yards and we win 31-20, but it won't feel that close.

Super Bowl XL screw job: If this isn't a fair game, our guys crank things up to medieval and start knocking the shit out of the Broncos. We will lose the game, and get some guys ejected, but the Hawks will leave no doubt that they were the better team and they will make Denver pay for having the refs in their back pockets. Manning still won't finish the game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If it's cold.. I'm talking under 20 with a wind chill.. I really think we blow them out.

If it's cold.. I'm talking 30's .. with calm winds .. I think it's close, but we win by about 4-8 points

If it's cold.. AND snowing to the point where there is over an inch of snow on the field.. I think we win a very ugly game

If for some reason it's not that cold, and the weather is calm.. I'm confident but suddenly that Broncos offense is a lot scarier.

Plain and simple.. I think weather is a HUGE factor in this game.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Welker against Thurmond isn't a bad matchup. I could see D Thomas and Decker making catches in our zone coverages. If we are running dime, Moreno could get 70+ yds and Ball getting some yds as well. Hope our guys shut down that D Thomas screen game, he is deadly. I hope our LBs and Kam can put J Thomas under wraps like they have other athletic TEs, such as Witten, Graham and Davis.

I believe Lynch will go over 100 yds and maybe Wilson isn't running for his life with V Miller out. Would love to see a repeat of how Wilson torched the Falcons last year with Miller. Would love it if Miller was the MVP. Him or Lynch. Harvin is the long unfulfilled wildcard. I just don't think he and Wilson have any chemistry, so I would be dreaming to think they would somehow click like Wilson has with Tate/Baldwin/Kearse over the year. Too bad.

I don't expect to see the Broncos pulling away unless the Seahawks have multiple turn-overs and the offense is playing like they did in St Louis. Would love to see the 3 TD passing type games Wilson can have, with a strong running game. Will it happen next week? Not sure but I cannot wait to watch.

I expect this game to be like the Patriots game last year.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I think we enter the 4th down 24-21 or something and will have to make a GW drive at the end, I think Wilson is up to the challenge.
Seahawks win 28-27

Kaiser

Reaction score
They'll be running the clock out with 10 minutes left, up by 20.

MileHighFish

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2okk3cql said:
Fair officiating: I think we straight up kick their butts and Manning will not finish the game. Marshawn will be the MVP with two TDs and 120 yards and we win 31-20, but it won't feel that close.

Super Bowl XL screw job: If this isn't a fair game, our guys crank things up to medieval and start knocking the shit out of the Broncos. We will lose the game, and get some guys ejected, but the Hawks will leave no doubt that they were the better team and they will make Denver pay for having the refs in their back pockets. Manning still won't finish the game.

So basically if it' s fairly officiated, game Seattle wins easily. If Seattle loses, it's because of bad officiating. I got it 8)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MileHighFish":2t23pjb3 said:
Reaneypark":2t23pjb3 said:

So basically if it' s fairly officiated, game Seattle wins easily. If Seattle loses, it's because of bad officiating. I got it 8)

Oh Dang! Look what the cat just drug in!

MileHighFish

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":15vz6ldp said:
MileHighFish":15vz6ldp said:
Reaneypark":15vz6ldp said:

Oh Dang! Look what the cat just drug in!

:th2thumbs: I come in peace! :D Looking forward to a good game and while I will do my best to keep things tame, will be here to correct Seahawk fans when necessary! ;)

Reaneypark

Reaction score
MileHighFish":1o7n1r3y said:
Reaneypark":1o7n1r3y said:

That's right. You got it. Want a cookie?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think we will be able to control the clock, Denvers defense will not be able to contain Lynch, Wilson, and Harvin in the running and short passing game. Their secondary will get burnt deep when wilson buys some time.

Manning will play like all great qb's play vs seattle and become a check down machine. Moreno and Welker will take some big hits and eventually Manning will be behind and take some deep shot which in the cold weather will be ducks and get picked off.

30-27 Seahawks
2 Ints and 5 sacks for Manning
140yds 2tds for lynch
nearly 300 total yds for Wilson
6 catches for harvin and one big return.
a big punt return by Tate
Bennett or Avril with a strip sack.

skater18000

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15xguykq said:
Predicting five sacks on Peyton Manning? Are you on crack?

Perhaps an early "Bold Prediction." Warren Sapp said the 49ers would score over 35 points on us, and they scored only 17 points (14 points if you take away the field goal after Russell's first play fumble)

FairWeatherFan

Reaction score
MileHighFish":2zshmh9j said:
... I will do my best to keep things tame, will be here to correct Seahawk fans when necessary! ;)

You can correct me all day long - but you can't change my avatar. :141847_bnono:

Seahawks 34 = Marshawn with 3 touchdowns
Broncos 24 = Payton's best passing game against the Seahawks secondary

Sac

Reaction score
The Broncos are going to key in the run. Russell us going to absolutely go. Off.

RW is going to slice and dice that defense for 300+ yards and 4 TDs.

Peyton is going to have a very bad day.