So uhm yeah...who wins 2005 Hawks or 2013 Hawks?

Steve2222

Reaction score
Is it even debatable now?

Guys...I think we're talking about an All Time Great team.

chris98251

Reaction score
This team isn't getting complete credit yet, but this is a legendary victory.

Axx

Reaction score
the 2013 seahawks are up there with the 85' bears.....

Eamon696

Reaction score
So there's no doubt anymore that Pete Carroll is the best coach in franchise history, right?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Must we even ask? We are the Rodney Dangerfield of football eve in our very franchise.
Check that--> This team is the Russell Wilson of football.

suppaball

Reaction score
Axx":qpjkwmpf said:
Yes I totally agree 85 bears did to pats what we just did to Denver. But what will not be mentioned is this Denver team had manning who did 85 pats have?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Eamon696":2wp235yj said:
So there's no doubt anymore that Pete Carroll is the best coach in franchise history, right?
Need I say that Pete Carroll is the Russell Wilson of coaching too?

THE TABS

Reaction score
This defense, against Matt Hasselbeck!?

Don't make me laugh, OOPS TOO LATE, HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

evergreen

Reaction score
suppaball":2zbg3wzl said:
Axx":2zbg3wzl said:
Yes I totally agree 85 bears did to pats what we just did to Denver. But what will not be mentioned is this Denver team had manning who did 85 pats have?
they had another diminutive qb. Doug Flutie. I don't think whipping his ass is as good as whipping Manning's. Both of them if anyone really cares...

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
evergreen":2lu7wr8s said:
suppaball":2lu7wr8s said:
Axx":2lu7wr8s said:
they had another diminutive qb. Doug Flutie. I don't think whipping his ass is as good as whipping Manning's. Both of them if anyone really cares...

The 85 Bears also didn't play a record setting offense like we just did. And shut them down completely. What an effort.

BioDawg03

Reaction score
evergreen":2jo8ncwv said:
suppaball":2jo8ncwv said:
Axx":2jo8ncwv said:

Actually the 85 Bears played a Pats team that was lead by Tony Eason... he along with Irving Fryer were a pretty potent attack, but it was a total fluke they were in the Super Bowl. But he was knocked out early after starting 0/6 and back up Steve Grogan took over.... They held the Pats to 7 rushing yards, 177 passing and forced 6 TOs....

The 85 Bears did not prove nearly as much as this Hawks team did with their blowout win of the #1 Passing O in NFL History.

That Pats team was a wild card and the first team to reach the Super Bowl by winning 3 road games.

But let's not forget the 85 Bears did finish the year 15-1 with their only loss to HOF Dan Marino and the Dolphins who were 1 year removed from playing in the Super Bowl. They had the #1 Scoring, Yards, and TO Defense... and the #2 Scoring O... they were really really good...

I think the thing for all of us to really accept, is that this is quite possibly just the tip of the Iceberg... these guys are extremely young at nearly every position aside from DL and RB.... I don't think these Hawks are equal to the 85 Bears... but give them a year or 2 and they will be as good or better!

I think this team is pretty comparable to the Bucs team that pounded the Raiders and the 2001 Ravens (my personal pick as the best D ever) with those teams being Outstanding D's but we get more out of the QB position.

Rainger

Reaction score
Finally people I hope on this forum will admit, this is the best Seahawk team. QB, Coach, GM, Defense ever in 38 years of Hawks football.

BioDawg03

Reaction score
SonicHawk":13tf5pwn said:
LOL MATTY H VS THIS DEFENSE?

Our own O vs. this Defense.... any O vs. this Defense.....

The Defense is the clear cut difference between 2005 and 2013....

To give both teams there due I would say 2005 best O ever, 2013 best D ever....

SonicHawk

Reaction score
BioDawg03":thvjqzsr said:
SonicHawk":thvjqzsr said:
LOL MATTY H VS THIS DEFENSE?

Our own O vs. this Defense.... any O vs. this Defense.....

The Defense is the clear cut difference between 2005 and 2013....

To give both teams there due I would say 2005 best O ever, 2013 best D ever....

This offense with Harvin looked... plain awesome.

The biggest difference in this game between the regular season was that the offense was plain awesome. 3rd down conversions, touchdowns, moving the ball...

Hard to say that the 2005 team's offense was better.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
We just beat the best Offense in the NFL ever....with the our #1 Defense. Hence, by definition...we have the best Defense in the NFL....EVER!