So uhm yeah...who wins 2005 Hawks or 2013 Hawks?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
This team. They got the Championship monkey off our back, hopefully opening the gates to more in the future.

Whynotus

Reaction score
A lot of people are saying 2013 team hands down ... I'm not so sure. 2005 team debatably had the best o-line in history of football. Alexander running left with Strong lead blocking, I don't think the 2013 D-line could stop that from happening, no team in 2005 could, even though they knew it was coming. I say that game would be close, Lot closer than this past Super Bowl.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
If we destroyed the best offense of all time, I can't see why the same wouldn't be done to the 2005 "finesse" team.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Whynotus":1cg2qom0 said:
A lot of people are saying 2013 team hands down ... I'm not so sure. 2005 team debatably had the best o-line in history of football. Alexander running left with Strong lead blocking, I don't think the 2013 D-line could stop that from happening, no team in 2005 could, even though they knew it was coming. I say that game would be close, Lot closer than this past Super Bowl.

Only the left side was awesome. Tobeck, Gray, and Locklear were less than awesome. Yeah the pressure wouldn't be as consistent but it would be enough to disrupt the timing of Matt's throws.

kearly

Reaction score
If you break down the Broncos by category (rush defense, pass defense, rush offense, pass offense) they are strikingly similar to the 2005 Seahawks, except even better. And if measured statistically, they are better by a pretty big margin, actually.

The 2013 Seahawks just stomped Denver in a game that made it look like Denver never even had a chance. It was more than just a matchup nightmare, the difference in team talent level was plainly evident as well. If they could stomp Denver, I'm pretty sure they'd stomp the 2005 Seahawks team too. Let's not forget either that the Holmgren Seahawks were pretty finesse. These Seahawks eat finesse teams for breakfast.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Whynotus":nwocns7v said:

Spoken like a Broncos fan before the big game. This 2013 Seahawks team would have eaten most teams alive, including that 2005 team. Don't get me wrong; I loved that 2005 team. It was wonderful watching that offense at work. But the Broncos this year had a far better - and very similar - offense, and we smacked them around, stole their lunches, and ate them right in front of them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
C'mon Man this can't be a serious question? While watching the game and Denver all I could think is "these guys are the 2005 Seahawks and we're 2005 Pittsburgh with a better quarterback".

Meeker

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":jgw5youb said:
Whynotus":jgw5youb said:

Only the left side was awesome. Tobeck, Gray, and Locklear were less than awesome. Yeah the pressure wouldn't be as consistent but it would be enough to disrupt the timing of Matt's throws.

Tobeck and Locklear were pretty awesome that year, career years. The 2005 offense would have been able to run it, and might have forced committing Chancellor completely to the box...still don't see the passing game going anywhere. Tubbs and Rocky Bernard would have been a headache in the middle for the 2013 offensive line and would have stymied the run, but Russ would have been a nightmare for them escaping the pocket...basically a repeat of the SB, as Denver lacked the speed at the LB position (as well as the 2005 unit). Also, Harvin...yeah.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think this years team wins 21-10, but only because the 2005 team gets jobbed by the refs.

:stirthepot:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
MizzouHawkGal":v8ylyp4a said:
C'mon Man this can't be a serious question? While watching the game and Denver all I could think is "these guys are the 2005 Seahawks and we're 2005 Pittsburgh with a better quarterback".

This team would have thumped that 2005 Stealers team too. They had to get help to beat us then, and that was against the team most of us agree we would crush with this team. I don't think they would have beat this team then even with the help.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
suppaball":2p2z1aqk said:
Axx":2p2z1aqk said:
the 2013 seahawks are up there with the 85' bears.....
Yes I totally agree 85 bears did to pats what we just did to Denver. But what will not be mentioned is this Denver team had manning who did 85 pats have?
Tony Eason. In otherwords a Trent Dilfer.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The 05 team would control the LOS, big Walt and Hutch would at least give Matt time to throw. But the reall LOL moment would be Alexander sprinting for the sideline every carry after being hit by Bam Bam.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":9z56pch6 said:
MizzouHawkGal":9z56pch6 said:

This team would have thumped that 2005 Stealers team too. They had to get help to beat us then, and that was against the team most of us agree we would crush with this team. I don't think they would have beat this team then even with the help.
No argument here fact is we would have beat the 1985 Bears or any other team if we got to play by those era's rules and this includes Pittsburgh 1970's or 2002 Tampa Bay.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":87lv4ia1 said:
MizzouHawkGal":87lv4ia1 said:

No argument here fact is we would have beat the 1985 Bears or any other team if we got to play by those era's rules and this includes Pittsburgh 1970's or 2002 Tampa Bay.

The Radish

Reaction score
The only "if" for me would be...

How great would this years team have been if it had 05s offensive line?(We're going to keep running the ball until you stop us)

Wilson would have had to throw the ball 10 times and Marshawn Lynch would have rushed for 200 yds.

What a team that would have been.

:roll:

JFair

Reaction score
This team would beat the '05 team. IIRC we had as many rushing yards to the right as to the left in '05. That right side line was pretty good too. Offense in 2005 was better IMO.

I remember watching the 85 Bears in awe of their defense. They were pretty darn good. Let's not get too carried away here. I mean some guys don't even remember who started quarterback for the Pats. We are in the conversation with them but I could not say we are better beyond a doubt.

Maybe I'm too old.

Latest posts