Paul Allen...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I know alot of the Hawk fans here are relatively younger (mid 20s) for those in their mid 30s and up, its been some kind of wait for even relevance, let alone a championship. What a year

This team started in the mid 70s, and if you want to add a cherry to last night, go back and look at the records of this team from 1976-2001. Its not pretty. its wrought with mediocrity, irrelevance, last place finishes. There were some good seasons (1984) and some great players, but the Seattle Seahawks were more or less the Jacksonville Jaguars for 20+ years. It sucked. It was Zorn, Krieg... then Mirer. It was year after year of relative apathy as a football fan.

This team was close to moving, as some may remember. Some can remind others how close it really was, how real that threat seemed to the fans.

Then Paul Allen came... and without reliving the last 15 years, we have two Super Bowl appearances, one Lombardi, multiple conference championships. We have hall of fame candidates, an MVP, the best fanbase in any sport in the US.

It all started with a computer geek that loves sports. I remember his first game as owner. Went with my brother. We got spanked by the Jets in the Kingdome (shut out if I remember). When they introduced Allen, my brother said "he looks like the kid who got picked on in gym class". he "bought" a 100,000 friends. Now he's got triple that, maybe more. He helped build the best stadium in American sports. he helped develop a culture of fandom unmatched in this country.

Paul Allen saved this franchise. More than that, he's the reason the Seahawks arent a mediocre team playing in a coffin of astro turf and concrete, middling to 6-10 irrelevance year in and year out. He's the reason why we have .net, why we care like we do.

Super Bowl champs (and favorites to do it again next year), and the geeky computer whiz is the reason.

Props to Paul Allen. and thanks

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I was just talking about how happy I am for him. He kept this team here when Behring wanted to move it to LA, and he gave the team whatever resources it needed to be great. I don't really care about the NBA, but I have heard that the Blazers are good, and I hope they win it all too. The dude deserves it.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I remember the fans who stood in front of Behring's moving vans. Thanks fellas!

impacthawk

Reaction score
Paul got the one thing he couldn't buy, but coveted the most. A Superbowl victory. I bet it provides even more motivation to stay at the top. Congrats Paul.

Highlordb

Reaction score
Thank you Paul for bringing a superbowl victory to seattle!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Mad Love for Paul Allen. To add to the list of reasons, according to Pete Carroll, last night after the game the team had a huge celebration party where Allen's band played and apparently they brought quite a few "names" to the stage as well. Then of course pete added on that he believes Paul covered the Tab at the end of the night. Not only does he pay for everything, but he's the center of entertainment as well. That is something you won't get from any other owner out there

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Now Paul Allens other team needs to win a championship this year!!!

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I'm proud to admit that I got teary eyed reading your post. Go Hawks!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Reaneypark":3o9ei2z6 said:
I remember the fans who stood in front of Behring's moving vans. Thanks fellas!

We wanted to hobble that SOB. He disgusted me as a human for trying. It is all Paul Allen though. He saved this team and was serious when he said that he would not run a charity, that it had to be a business. That he would do the best he could to provide a good product, but that we were going to have to support it as fans. Since that day the numbers were only higher and higher. I would say it paid off for both parties.

mikeak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":27nk5g0o said:
Ihe "bought" a 100,000 friends.

1) Great post
2) Good thing they didn't have FB and Twitter back then maybe he would have gotten his friends via social media instead :)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yes absolutely. One of the most interesting, awesome people we have ever had in this part of the world and a true Renaissance man. Every Hawk fan owes him a giant thank you. I think most of us know just how lucky we are to have him. Best owner in the NFL

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
just a quick bump

207416-lombardi-trophy-903a2.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":sufcsz5a said:
I know alot of the Hawk fans here are relatively younger (mid 20s) for those in their mid 30s and up, its been some kind of wait for even relevance, let alone a championship. What a year

This team started in the mid 70s, and if you want to add a cherry to last night, go back and look at the records of this team from 1976-2001. Its not pretty. its wrought with mediocrity, irrelevance, last place finishes. There were some good seasons (1984) and some great players, but the Seattle Seahawks were more or less the Jacksonville Jaguars for 20+ years. It sucked. It was Zorn, Krieg... then Mirer. It was year after year of relative apathy as a football fan.

This team was close to moving, as some may remember. Some can remind others how close it really was, how real that threat seemed to the fans.

Then Paul Allen came... and without reliving the last 15 years, we have two Super Bowl appearances, one Lombardi, multiple conference championships. We have hall of fame candidates, an MVP, the best fanbase in any sport in the US.

It all started with a computer geek that loves sports. I remember his first game as owner. Went with my brother. We got spanked by the Jets in the Kingdome (shut out if I remember). When they introduced Allen, my brother said "he looks like the kid who got picked on in gym class". he "bought" a 100,000 friends. Now he's got triple that, maybe more. He helped build the best stadium in American sports. he helped develop a culture of fandom unmatched in this country.

Paul Allen saved this franchise. More than that, he's the reason the Seahawks arent a mediocre team playing in a coffin of astro turf and concrete, middling to 6-10 irrelevance year in and year out. He's the reason why we have .net, why we care like we do.

Super Bowl champs (and favorites to do it again next year), and the geeky computer whiz is the reason.

Props to Paul Allen. and thanks
Paul Allen is the best owner and it will be proven with a string of Lombardi's in the near future. Thank you Mr. Allen, yesterday's victory means more to this fanbase and city more than you will ever know. :thirishdrinkers: