Front Office Pressure?

More pressure or less pressure for FO after SB win?

• More?

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Less?

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Same?

Votes: 56 54.4%

• Total voters

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Do you think our front office has more or less pressure to perform at high levels after a big Super Bowl win?

I've brought this topic up at work, and hawk fans say more, everyone else says less. Objectively, what say you?

sutz

Reaction score
If there is more pressure, I doubt that they feel it. They put more pressure on themselves than we or the press ever could.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Not more, that's for sure.

If we had not won the Super Bowl there would have been more pressure. Because they needed to win one with these core guys we have under rookie deals.

Now the pressure is about the same because they won it all, now it's just about maintaining.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I think there was more after 2011 when some people were rumbling about Pete's system not working. After 2012, I think most people were finally happy to realize we had a solid team. Now I don't care what they do, I just assume it's going to result in another SB.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HawkFan72":13uvv4h7 said:
Not more, that's for sure.

If we had not won the Super Bowl there would have been more pressure. Because they needed to win one with these core guys we have under rookie deals.

Now the pressure is about the same because they won it all, now it's just about maintaining.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

rightbench

Reaction score
the pressure they feel is quite different than the EXPECTATIONS that we as fans place on them. Professional guys with a history of winning aren't going to feel more or less pressure than they did before. Their goal is to win. If you want to ask how much expectation we place on them that's a whole different story.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
That depends on what the consequences of not attaining high levels of performance are. Is the front office in danger of getting canned if they miss the playoffs? Or is it just hopes and fan expectations?

I don't think they're under any pressure at all after exceeding expectations with RW in control.

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
rightbench":59prl3r1 said:
the pressure they feel is quite different than the EXPECTATIONS that we as fans place on them. Professional guys with a history of winning aren't going to feel more or less pressure than they did before. Their goal is to win. If you want to ask how much expectation we place on them that's a whole different story.

But don't you think expectations, no matter who from, factor into the amount of pressure they face? Pressure is the all-encompassing word for expectations and realities.

rightbench

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":22btjg09 said:
rightbench":22btjg09 said:

But don't you think expectations, no matter who from, factor into the amount of pressure they face? Pressure is the all-encompassing word for expectations and realities.

Sure, but the people who are best at what they do "ignore the noise" as Russell would say and just do what they do.

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
So your answer is same or less? I'm not pushing any angle, I'm just asking the question.

kearly

Reaction score
Definitely less pressure. Winning a Super Bowl typically buys a coach and GM about 3-4 extra grace period years. Not that PC/JS need them.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would say the same pressure. Now the goal is to put people in place that you lost and coach them up to the coach's expectations of them just as they have done before. That is where the scouting and what they can do in the draft and this time in FA signings is key. As a supervisor, it is easy to get those that want to work to achieve their best, it is hard when they are lax and dont want to do their best. When this coach gets them to buy into his ideals, championships happen. If some of the personnel dont buy in, they are released. T. Owens was only here for a week or so.......I think he just needed a TimeOut. LOL

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I voted yes for the same reason that it might not be a problem, because they won the super bowl. I feel more pressure than I felt last year.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
One hit wonders are a lot more common than a team maintaining the highest level year after year. That being considered, could equate to a higher pressure until that can be achieved.

Latest posts