One reason why Christine Michael must succeed this season:

kearly

Reaction score
That's dated April of 2013, since then Pete Carroll's referred to him as "Christian" Michael many times.

I always say "Kristin" because that's what the college announcers called him, but I find the confusion interesting.

OP
OP
Our Man in Chicago

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
What I'm saying is: Prisco could at very least get out of his tanning booth, read a re-Tweet for literally one second, and stop calling the man ChristEEN.

Off-season levity, by the way. I'm not actually upset.

warden

Reaction score
Mama was cruel giving him a name spelled that way

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1in9j9x8 said:
So professional sports analysts - who get paid to do this sort of thing - will pronounce his first name correctly. Good lord. #chris-tin
How about CMike's parents just learn to spell. If they wanted his name to be pronounced Cris-tin, they shouldn't have spelled it cris-TEEN.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":9pxwsvy9 said:
What I'm saying is: Prisco could at very least get out of his tanning booth, read a re-Tweet for literally one second, and stop calling the man ChristEEN.

Off-season levity, by the way. I'm not actually upset.

But really can you blame him? Thats how it's spelled. That's like someone getting pissed for pronouncing "Mike" like it's spelled instead of some weird way like "Mi-keh"

HawkWow

Reaction score
With Prisco being an English speaking person, his an easy mistake to make. Actually, it's not even a mistake. It's the correct pronunciation. If I were Michael, I'd just change my name to Emmitt. I'd emulate him, too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He's still an unknown, I don't blame people for mispronouncing his name. Yet.

I do blame his parents for doing the cliche "cutesy" garbage in naming their son, though. Idiots.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Met a girl at the beach yesterday. Her name was Melvin. I didn't even bother to ask.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The cool thing is I don't think he cares either way. I think if he did, he would just go by Chris or would have changed his named like Red Bryant whose first and middle name is Joseph Anthony.

OP
OP
Our Man in Chicago

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":39lnusri said:
Our Man in Chicago":39lnusri said:
So professional sports analysts - who get paid to do this sort of thing - will pronounce his first name correctly. Good lord. #chris-tin
How about CMike's parents just learn to spell. If they wanted his name to be pronounced Cris-tin, they shouldn't have spelled it cris-TEEN.

The thing is: his mother wanted a girl. Had settled on the name Christine, pronounced Christine. But the man himself hasn't pronounced it that way - ever.

I will posit that the dude should pick one pronunciation and stick with it.

#justdontcallmelatetodinner

rideaducati

Reaction score
While in the Navy I worked in the hospital and was one of the people that filled out paperwork for birth certificates. We had a baby born and the mother wanted the girl's name to be "Virginia". V-a-g-i-n-a is how she wanted it spelled. It took three days of attempting to sway her towards the correct spelling and another three days getting a hold of her husband on a ship in the middle east. He was an idiot too and agreed with the mother on the spelling of the name.

After all was said and done, I filled out the birth certificate with the correct spelling and the mother came in and signed it. I don't think she could read, so she didn't notice what was done. Someone must have pointed it out because a few weeks later I was called in to the captain's office where the captain proceeded to rip me a new one in front of this idiot woman. Once she left, the captain thanked me for doing what I did and laughed at the thought of them going out of their way to get their baby's name changed to Vagina.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1925njwz said:
SalishHawkFan":1925njwz said:
Our Man in Chicago":1925njwz said:

The thing is: his mother wanted a girl. Had settled on the name Christine, pronounced Christine. But the man himself hasn't pronounced it that way - ever.

I will posit that the dude should pick one pronunciation and stick with it.

#justdontcallmelatetodinner

Why not go by Chris?

rideaducati":1925njwz said:
While in the Navy I worked in the hospital and was one of the people that filled out paperwork for birth certificates. We had a baby born and the mother wanted the girl's name to be "Virginia". V-a-g-i-n-a is how she wanted it spelled. It took three days of attempting to sway her towards the correct spelling and another three days getting a hold of her husband on a ship in the middle east. He was an idiot too and agreed with the mother on the spelling of the name.

After all was said and done, I filled out the birth certificate with the correct spelling and the mother came in and signed it. I don't think she could read, so she didn't notice what was done. Someone must have pointed it out because a few weeks later I was called in to the captain's office where the captain proceeded to rip me a new one in front of this idiot woman. Once she left, the captain thanked me for doing what I did and laughed at the thought of them going out of their way to get their baby's name changed to Vagina.

That's one of the weirder stories I've heard.

:les:

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2014":162nuo55 said:
Still a girl's name.

That's what makes him a badass. If you grew up with a girl's name, you'd be tough too.

Latest posts