KC Joyner Trolling: "Pats will have best secondary in 2014"

gulliver

Reaction score
I think I might have been the first to see and post this ESPN Insider article KC Joyner penned claiming the Pats will top the Hawks in secondary in 2014.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...ry-surpass-seattle-seahawks-2014?refresh=true

This is straight-up trolling, and indeed, if you read the titles of this guy's last 15 or so articles, he just tries to provoke reactions and get clicks (I realize I'm helping him...)

Lots of incredulous comments to the article, but the one that resonates with me is he tries to back himself up with recent statistics from Pats & Hawks--of course the Pats defended the Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Bucs and Texans etc.

We got some cupcakes too, but faced Kaep 3x, Brees 2x, Peyton, Luck, Matt Ryan, etc. and absolutely blasted the best passing teams. Straight up troll...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The lowest common denominator in any kind if journalism is to say something "controversial" to get a reaction. That is the first clue that the writer is piss poor and a hack. ...and if this assclown actually is dumb enough to believe what he wrote then he needs to join the denial zone as a headline writer for that dumpster fire!

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2pi1uzmb said:
It is entirely possible he is right.

It's entirely possible that we go 0-16 next season. It's just not very likely.

Take THAT, superstitious Hawk fans!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1dvebh84 said:
No........ no it isn't.
They will have a lot of success this Year because of their schedule, and who they have to face in their divisional repeats, but they will be playing catch up to the outstanding Secondary that the Seahawks have been rolling with for the past three Years now, and better yet, if Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor and Maxwell stay healthy, the Seahawks will have the LOB with yet another Season of development, and to get to the level that these guys are playing now?, there are no shortcuts.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2p21o47b said:
Well, if you think it's got a quasi-decent chance of being correct, I might suggest you also go buy a few Mega Millions tickets at 7-11 tonight as well. (Should you win, I expect a cut.)

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
What many fail to realize is that our secondary (and even the whole defense) is designed to work together. As a TEAM. Where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. These guys have been working together now for 3 seasons going on 4. They also have an undeniable chemistry. You cant just put a bunch of talented guys together and call them great. This has been proven time and time again.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It is hard to top the continuity of the Hawks secondary. With the exception of BMax, who had a ton of experience with the LOB, those guys are tight.

Putting together players on paper and assuming ANYTHING is ridiculous. They haven't played a down of real football together yet. They certainly are trying to put together something special there, but I am not convinced Revis is ever going to be Revis again. I think Sherman is better than Revis Island was anyway. We know Browner is going to bring it, but they don't have Kam and they don't have Earl.

Smellyman

Reaction score
the best corner, the best FS and the best SS in the league are all in the same secondary.....and they have played together and proved it for a while now.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Scottemojo":zezh3v3p said:

No. No, it is not.

Jemea Thomas? Really? An old injury-prone Revis and the same Browner that was let go by the Seahawks because he was so obviously outplayed by Maxwell?

Put down the pipe, Joyner.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm truly thankful every time one of you gives the synopsis of a bogus write-up so I don't accidentally click on it.

All those bloggy jokers prey on football-starved internet junkies like us. They're like chupacabras... but for clicks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I hate to say it, cuz we all love BB, but he's gonna have to face Mike Wallace twice now... We'll see how far this pats secondary thing goes after they get a glimpse of that matchup

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":gsnabv29 said:
Sorry you wasted your money on an insider subscription.
My thoughts ran along those lines too. You get a couple teaser paragraphs which show just how crappy the writing is, and then they want you to pay to read the rest of it.

hahahahahahahaha

BlueTalon

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2tm2kml1 said:
We know Browner is going to bring it, but they don't have Kam and they don't have Earl.
Browner is one of a kind when it comes to doing the things he can do. I'll never forget that play against the Panthers where he avoided/shed blockers on a screen, hit the receiver behind the LOS, stripped the ball, and recovered the fumble. He put the Boom in LOB, even before Kam IIRC.

But you're right, his game had weaknesses, and Kam & Earl covered them more than they will be in Patland.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Colts loss is all on Browner. Luck threw at him all day and he gave up a lot of receptions. Same thing late in the season. Teams targeted him. And it showed. He provides a lot of physicality at the line but in coverage he was a liability.

I'll always be grateful for what he did for us and remember him fondly for setting the pace for the LOB. And I'm glad he got paid. He deserves it.

But we all know Maxwell was a big upgrade in coverage and that's why the Seahawks let him walk.