Time for the real important question

Do the Seahawks go 4-0 in the preseason?

• Yes

Votes: 45 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 34.8%

• Total voters

uncle fester

Reaction score
It is an important question!

I say they do - the only question is will Peyton Manning insist on staying on the field until the offense scores, like last preseason?

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3l8lutvq said:
Wouldn't it be 13 in that case? They won the last preseason game in 2011.

I have fat fingers and the 2 and the 3 are right next to each other.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm going to say no, but only for the fact that Denver is going to be playing this game like it's for another Super Bowl because they're so embarrassed and pissed off.

Gotta admit though, this is the most interesting pre-season game maybe ever.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I say we will beat denver... preseason game 1 is all about depth and how your young guys play, and i will take our guys over theirs. Denver fans may want some 'revenge' but the denver coaches know how silly it would be to leave their starters out there against our defense.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qdhma7vy said:
I'm going to say no, but only for the fact that Denver is going to be playing this game like it's for another Super Bowl because they're so embarrassed and pissed off.

Given all of that, I doubt they play their starters much. I think our depth beats their depth just like last year.

edogg23

Reaction score
We need to in order to go 23-0 this year :)

Hawks46

Reaction score
I said "no" because of that Denver game, but now that I think about it ( and read some posts) I agree.

I think Denver is pissed off and they want to win badly, but their coaching staff isn't going to leave their starters in there longer than they need to. If someone gets hurt, it's going to derail that team again, and they have a lot of guys that are coming off of injury. Kinda like we won't see a lot of Harvin in the preseason either.

Also, our depth is that much better. We have a ton of young guys that want to make the roster against great talent already on the roster, and everyone knows they can lose their job at any time.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
I say No. Reason being, more than ever the Hawks are going to face some severely difficult decisions when it comes to the non-lock roster spots on their 53, and as such I see them giving an inordinate amount of pre-season playing time to the bottom half of their 90/75-man rosters....much more so than most teams. Thus, I could see an opponent with bigger question marks amongst their first team and 2-deep going much deeper into the game with their starters/co-starters, playing against a lot of Hawks players who won't even make the team, resulting in a game victory(s) for our opponent(s). That being said, I could just as easily see our 4th-team outplaying most teams' 2nd and 3rd units. Still, I'll go with a pre-season record of something less than 4-0....which ultimately means absolutely nothing.

kearly

Reaction score
A big chunk of the Broncos game will be Osweiler and Hillman vs. Tjack and C-Mike. The defensive backups heavily favor Seattle as well. I could see Denver leading 10-3 when they pull the starters, but after that it will be Seahawk domination.

Seattle crushed the Chargers and Raiders in recent preseasons. Chicago will probably get lit up in Seattle. The Hawks could drop a game but whoever does it, it would be an upset.

Preseason wins and losses are primarily determined by the quality of a team's depth players, and also how well those players play against preseason competition. For example, Benson Mayowa, Heath Farwell and Jeron Johnson play like all-pros against camp bodies. That's not a knock on their talent, but some players REALLY benefit from weaker competition and Seattle has quite a few of them.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28sa2rgx said:

I'm going the opposite direction here.
Seahawks will not only win, but it will more than likely be with their second teamers doing it :16:

chris98251

Reaction score
All it will take is a bump on Manning and they will pull him, bump not hit, not body slam just bump or push. Game over.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2r1lwzde said:
Sgt. Largent":2r1lwzde said:

I'm going the opposite direction here.
Seahawks will not only win, but it will more than likely be with their second teamers doing it :16:

Of course it'll be the 2nd teamers, it's the 1st preseason game.

But this game will be like when you play a pickup basketball game with your little brother and he's scratching, fighting and clawing just to prove he can beat you, even though you're barely trying because it doesn't matter.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
No way... that would be unheard of. They need to lose one just so the conversation stops. in 2012 it was because Wilson just came out and lit it up, 13 was the defensive destroying dudes.

The thing is that it is totally possible. TJack is borderline starter material and IS starting material to the Hawks. So it depends on who is in the 3 spot. It has to stop though. Its madness.

General Manager

Reaction score
I just want to see some football not worried about a win or loss at Denver in preseason but I like our depth at QB so I say we win it but they outscore us in the first quarter.

Gametime

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":orijxnun said:

I'm with you on this. I think they have this circled if nothing more than to get over the SB and be mentally prepared for the game in Seattle week 3. It's going to be one of the more interesting games in the pre-season for sure!

I'm ALMOST wishing the Hawks go 0-4 so the media and everyone lights us up and we have a chip on our shoulder. Don't want to lose that edge! :th2thumbs:

Giedi

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ootnzba said:

As the super bowl champs, I wouldn't be surprised if all four pre-season teams (or at least the Bears and the Raiders) put starters back in - in the 4rth qtr if they are really losing badly, or maybe close to a pre-season win. :hmmmm:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't care if they win the preseason games, never have. I want to see guys get their work in and stay healthy.

Jim Mora's team went 4-0 in the preseason and then only won 5 regular season games.

Last year's team won all 4 preseason games and they won the Super Bowl.

Preseason wins or losses mean nothing.

The only fanbases that care about preseason wins are Cowboy fans, and maybe half of the denialzoners.

Personally I'd like to see the preseason cut to 2 games.

Latest posts