Question for the prognosticators

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Lots of dreaming going on. Remember denial is not just a river in Egypt
Try some HONESTY John, 'It's WAAAAAY too early to tell'.
What some of you folks are Hoping for, is that the Seahawks, Without Russell Wilson will fail miserably.
Even though he's STALLED in the last few years here in Seattle, and NO it was NOT a>>ALL<< on Pete Carroll....ALL Top ten Quarterbacks will RISE ABOVE the fray, and let's be honest, Wilson wanting to do everything HIS OWN WAY hasn't exactly worked out for him in Seattle.
AND, He owns some responsibilities for his own shortcomings, and that just the raw facts.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Scutter,

Let's hope you don't believe that. NOBODY wants this team to 'fail miserably' because then we have to watch that with our beloved Seahawks tied to that.

Even people that want the losses because they believe in the need for draft picks (and ironically most of those will have to be Pete fans, because the belief would have to be you reload with a top 3 QB and Pete turns us into a winner again) don't want that.

Even if you can reconcile needing the losses, you probably want them tightly fought close contests. Because then adding that QB puts the team back over.
There is a HUGE difference between not believing in Pete anymore and actively wanting this team to fail. Losses still ruin your Sundays. Not clear what you think the motivation would be.

The battle between those wanting to keep Carroll and those wanting to keep Wilson is over. Carroll won. We are stuck with him. We have to make it work, even when we pretty much know it won't.

Anybody that actively wants to see the failure, probably isn't here. Because they aren't going to care enough for the Seahawks to be a user of this board....except maybe 49ers fans who took a few too many losses to Wilson and are happy to see him gone.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Weirdos, built a helluva narrative in their heads that it was somehow all Wilson's fault. If they just got rid of him, Pete's greatness would fully shine, and the Seahawks would return to prominence.
This is funny. Do you really believe the narratives you've built inside your head?

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Scutter,

Let's hope you don't believe that. NOBODY wants this team to 'fail miserably' because then we have to watch that with our beloved Seahawks tied to that.

Even people that want the losses because they believe in the need for draft picks (and ironically most of those will have to be Pete fans, because the belief would have to be you reload with a top 3 QB and Pete turns us into a winner again) don't want that.

Even if you can reconcile needing the losses, you probably want them tightly fought close contests. Because then adding that QB puts the team back over.
There is a HUGE difference between not believing in Pete anymore and actively wanting this team to fail. Losses still ruin your Sundays. Not clear what you think the motivation would be.

The battle between those wanting to keep Carroll and those wanting to keep Wilson is over. Carroll won. We are stuck with him. We have to make it work, even when we pretty much know it won't.

Anybody that actively wants to see the failure, probably isn't here. Because they aren't going to care enough for the Seahawks to be a user of this board....except maybe 49ers fans who took a few too many losses to Wilson and are happy to see him gone.
Most of what you post trends towards the negative and includes Pete bashing even when it isn't germane to the topic.

I am most amused by the hyper-negativity especially in the pre-season. If the Seahawks get thumped over the full season that will be a disappointment, but the season has yet to start and the drone of negativity is really beyond logic.

Framing everything as us vs. them, right vs. wrong, good vs. bad, is easy to do but certainly far from the debatable truth and absolutely simplistic in thought involving little to no thought.

I have no doubt that your beliefs and your truths are within your core the only valid possibility - you've incessantly said as much. I suspect even you cannot know the future until it becomes the past.

Those of you who have given up all hope will only enjoy this year if the Seahawks fail miserably. It is clear that being right is more important to your egos than is being a fan of the Seahawks.

After the Pittsburgh game my optimism rose for the team because I believe Pete will get the best out of his players and come mid-season the team will have calloused and gelled as a team finding success along the way.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I finally find myself in a position that I can get across for a game. I could get flights and a hotel for the Giants game right now. Truth is I'm not paying a thousand plus pounds to watch Geno Smith. I'm not sure if this makes a fair weather fan or just practical. I'm very torn.

At the moment going to a game feels like visiting your favourite theme park knowing half the rides are out for maintenance.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I finally find myself in a position that I can get across for a game. I could get flights and a hotel for the Giants game right now. Truth is I'm not paying a thousand plus pounds to watch Geno Smith. I'm not sure if this makes a fair weather fan or just practical. I'm very torn.

At the moment going to a game feels like visiting your favourite theme park knowing half the rides are out for maintenance.
Tough decision. I'd save my money.

BASF

Reaction score

To this day, I have only ever been to one Seahawks game live in 2004. It was a 38-9 beatdown from a Bills team that had struggled early in the season and we had played decently throughout the season, even though I went into the season expecting us to be world beaters and that we would be going to the Super Bowl. What I got to see was our players laughing and joking around on the sidelines as the Bills abused us from pillar to post. I still do not regret going. It was awesome seeing the game live, especially my team. I had seen several games from other teams, but seeing the Seahawks live changed the dynamic. I know you have seen them in their European games, but being in Seattle makes it different. As far as going back, every game I have ever attended, the team I wanted to win has played poorly. I kind of consider myself a curse, so I won't inflict that on another team again, especially the Seahawks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Scutter,

Because Twisted, SOME people THRIVE on "I Told You So's", and rush to dispel anything positive about how things are going, saying things like "Pete will find a way to screw it up", AND they will have other haters chiming in with their regurgitated negativities, and the whole damned Post goes into the toilet.
Motivation?? Old saying Twisted, "Misery Loves Company"
It's the Seattle Seahawks, NOT the Seattle Pete Carrolls, NOR are they the Seattle Wilsons.
It's VANILLA-PRE-season, we are watching players being evaluated, trying their damnedest to make the team, being sorted in & out...We are going to see TWENTYSEVEN MORE guys get CUT by August 30th.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Scutter,

Not sure if you see a distinction between "tanking" and "failing miserably" (I don't), but there seem to be advocates of tanking on this board. So apparently SOME people here want that.