2014 Predictions

farhat

Reaction score
What is your 2014 Prediction? Here is mine:

The Seahawks go 12-4 and beat Denver in the Super Bowl again, although this time it is a closer game: Seahawks 34 Broncos 17. :)

The Hawks' offense is the story this season. The only teams that can beat us are teams that can run the ball and stop the run like San Diego. We sweep the 49ers and San Francisco doesn't make the playoffs.

What do you got?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
farhat":3afxtiec said:

The Seahawks go 12-4 and beat Denver in the Super Bowl again, although this time it is a closer game: Seahawks 34 Broncos 17. :)

The Hawks' offense is the story this season. The only teams that can beat us are teams that can run the ball and stop the run like San Diego. We sweep the 49ers and San Francisco doesn't make the playoffs.

What do you got?

San Diego can stop the run? I didn't know that. The Seahawks ran for 250 yards on them last week. Mostly against the first deam defense (Turbin and Michael).

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think we did this right after the schedule came out, and I was at 11-4, based purely upon schedule.

Looking at preseason, how the offense has looked (preseason offenses generally look poor, and are behind the defenses, ours looks very polished and explosive so far), injuries (we seem pretty healthy, all the injuries we have at this point are minor and the team is playing it safe to make sure the players are ready week )......

I am going 13-3. NFC Champs and we win the SB over Denver. 36-16

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":19g57d6u said:
12-4

NFC Champs

Defeat New England 30-23 in the Super Bowl

How fitting would it be for our first 2 SB championships to come against Brady/Belichick and Manning. Arguably the 2 greatest of all time QBs so far.

OP
OP
F

farhat

Reaction score
You are right. I am wrong. For some reason (maybe because they stopped Denver at Denver) I thought San Diego's 2013 run defense was better. They were 12th against the run and aren't even in the top 15 in overall defense.

I'm still a little nervous about week 2 at San Diego.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
13-3 seems safe. Probably going with that again. Might bump it to 14-2 though. Not sure yet.

pmedic920

Reaction score
farhat":17f6fie1 said:

What do you got?

Do you REALLY think the Donks get past the Pats this year?
Or
Would you like a do over?
:)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks do have a very tough schedule this year ( looking at it). However, if they play like they have so far - 12 or 13 wins is not out of the question. The Saints have an easier schedule and the Panthers have declined a bit offensively. So I think it will be between the Saints and Seahawks for the HFA in NFC.

Steve2222

Reaction score
14-2

Seahawks 52
Patriots 20

I think this might be the best team ever. It'll be the year where Wilson becomes the best player in the NFL.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
14-2

49'ers and Seahawks NFC championship game in Seattle

Seattle 38 49'ers 20

SUPER BOWL

SEATTLE 33 NEW ENGLAND 25

AND I WILL BE THERE

mikehawks

Reaction score
11-5 Seahawks lose either in the 2nd round, or NFC Championship game. Injuries become a factor. No repeat, but Seahawks will be fun to watch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawks 13-3, Percy Harvin OPOY

Super Bowl: Seahawks 34, Broncos 19

kearly

Reaction score
Perfect season. I'll spend the rest of my days cursing Demitrius Bronson for costing us the "23-0" season I covet.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Since this a prediction page I will go with a few different ones.....

1. Lynch will have a fourth consecutive season of 1200+ rushing yards (even with less touches) and he will have his most RUSHING touchdowns ever this season with 15 (his most so far has been 12 rushing TD's).

2. I DON'T think anyone will reach 10+ sacks this year. I like Avril, Bennett, Irvin, Schofield, etc, but I just don't think with defensive snaps minimized along the D-line that any one guy can reach 10 plus this season.

3. This one is a bit of reach, but I will say it... The O-line that starts the season will START every game this year. I think some guys may get banged up and not finish some games here and there, but the same starting 5 will start every game this year.

4. I think defenses will avoid Sherman like the plague, which will lead to...... wait for it..... Tharold Simon leading the CORNER BACKS (ONCE AGAIN CORNER BACKS) in INT's. I think Simon gets a lot of playing time with teams tossing 4-5 WR's and TE's out on the field and he will push for playing time with Lane leading to teams going after the two greenest guys. I like this guy and think he will get better as the season rolls on which will lead to 4-6 picks this year. That's not a lot of picks, but I just don't see teams attacking Sherm and Maxwell as much as they will go after our LB's and back end CB's.

5. I think Russell will have over 3500 yards (for the first time) and he will have 30+ TD's (first time), but 14 INT"s (first time over 10). I have to believe that Russell gets the chance to push this offense a bit more. It will still be run first, but it will be closer to 55/45 or 60/40 run pass I think.

6. I think Earl Thomas wins Defensive player of the year. I just think this year is the year he finally gets noticed as the best FS in the league.

7. Finally I see the team going 12-4. I want to say 13-3 (two road losses and one home loss), but I just look at the schedule and see 3 or 4 road losses (Carolina, San Fran, Philly, Chiefs) and one home loss (Pack, Broncos, 49er's). With that said I will also miss one shocker (like AZ in Seattle last year), so maybe at Washington or in San Diego. But I'll stick with 12-4.

Latest posts