Philip Rivers will throw to Richard Sherman's side

ivotuk

Reaction score
I like Philip Rivers, and the Chargers are one of my friends teams, and I've liked them since the Dan Fouts/Kellen Winslow/Air Coryell days.

I don't see the Charges beating Seattle, but they are a good team, Keenan Allen was someone I really wanted here, and Philip Rivers fears no man.

I laughed and really started to like him a few years ago because he gets that crazy, childish, punk look on his face like "I'm going to screw with you!" when he was in Denver, and he went right at Champ Bailey, and completed passes on him easily. It was really fun to watch, and Champ was still a pretty good DB then. Not Pro Bowl, but still top 20 at the time.

The question is, will he complete any on Sherman? It's a possibility, but I think Richard is going to beat up on Keenan Allen. This will be a great game to watch and we'll learn even more about our Seahawks once this game is over. I wouldn't be suprised if we lost a close one, but I just don't see it.

As for tonight though, Go Chargers!!! 8)

themunn

Reaction score
To be the best you've got to beat the best, and that means Rivers won't be afraid to challenge the best (funny how that one only seems to work one way)

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Honestly seeing Aaron Rodgers not throw to Sherman's side of the field boggles my mind. Why would you cut the field in half on your own accord. I know Richard Sherman is the best corner in the game but still, why limit yourself like that?

I don't expect to see that much more this season.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I hope Rivers throws to Sherm's side. Those passes have a little extra float on them, ya know?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I honestly don't think he will test Sherm very much with a very green slot corner going Sunday.

Will be interesting to see what Quinn does to counter the Broncos and Packers strategy of basically sacrificing a lesser WR to Sherm's side while continuing to line up the #1 WR on Maxwell or in the slot.

lobohawk

Reaction score
He's never shied from the idea to be the best, you have to beat the best.....so yes, he'll throw everywhere.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I actually think San Diego will be a tougher opponent than Green Bay (and have thought so for several weeks). Rivers is tough as nails, and the team has kind of taken on an identity of toughness and resiliency over the last year. Keenan is sneaky good, and Floyd tends to make a big play happen after being invisible for most of the game.

That said, if the 'Hawks line looks as good as it did against Green Bay, the run game should be able to get going and enable big plays. It's not easy to defend against the width of the field when Percy is running around, especially when you're focused on Beast Mode.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sherman is a great CB, however he is human. I expect SD to play a lot better than GB did against us. Woodhead is a tough RB, I guess tonight we will see how they do vs. AZ who is supposed to have a good defense. They have lost a few good core players however and I am not seeing them being as good as last year.

I hope they do test Sherm as he needs the work, and we need incompletions !!!!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Re Keenan Allen, though I have not watched the Chargers play a lot, seems to me that Allen typically lines up on the LH side of the formation... just an impression that I have... I could well be wrong.

Anybody know better?

kearly

Reaction score
nanomoz":35xegxip said:
I actually think San Diego will be a tougher opponent than Green Bay

The Chargers defense is super-slow. I'm expecting Seattle to put up 40+.

aawolf

Reaction score
Phillip Rivers: Another great Wolfpack QB. How we at NC State don't get top QB's every year over the SEC and Pac 10 teams, I don't understand with Wilson, Rivers, and last year, Glennon, all starting for NFL teams.

Rivers is kind of an acquired taste, and I'm glad the NFL community has finally embraced him as the loveable jokester trash-talker that he is. He's been that way since starting for 4 years at NC State. Sometimes, his hijinx got him a bad rep, but he's so fun to watch and listen to. He loves football, loves to make things fun, and it shows.

2_0_6

Reaction score
IIRC on their first drive here during the PS we got home to rivers a few times and they pulled him. I see more of that coming. He doesn't have the mobility of Rogers, and lacks a solid running game.

mikeak

Reaction score
Rivers has thrown lots of interceptions in his career he will be fine with a few more :)

Lazyfingers

Reaction score
I just saw a graphic that showed Rivers incredibly high completion percentage to middle and left side of field. He was above league average to all areas of the field except mid-right and deep right. So, with that in mind, Rivers will limit throws to Sherman's side (that is, with the new coaching staff in town, because Turner would have had him hold it for 10 seconds and throw deep every down). Would be an interesting time to see Carroll flip Sherman and Maxwell (especially with a few extra prep days), but I doubt it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Rivers has already thrown at Peterson and should have completed the pass. The ball hit the receiver in the hat.

Reaction score
I also see Hawks in a run away, watching chargers now, no running game:average backers:susceptible to the deep ball, poor tackling.
Rivers likes to gamble, Hawks with some picks.

Latest posts