Percy Harvin????

Canhawks

Reaction score
He sure hasn't looked as effective as I though he would coming out of training camp.Is it on him or are the coaching staff not using him enough??Either way we gotta figure out a way to get the ball in his hands,and not just use him as a decoy.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
What happened to using his speed to take the top off the defense? I haven't seen one deep pass to him yet this year.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I was disappointed on how little he was on the field in the 4th. It seems like Walters was in there on most 3rd downs.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Canhawks":1lnl0mo1 said:
He sure hasn't looked as effective as I though he would coming out of training camp.Is it on him or are the coaching staff not using him enough??Either way we gotta figure out a way to get the ball in his hands,and not just use him as a decoy.
I think we used Harvin in this game like we should have . He did his job well decoy or primary target tonight . Can't use him like we did week one against Green Bay every game , or we won't have him for the long haul.
Tonight was Wilson and lynch

fenderbender123

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2dyetgnf said:
Canhawks":2dyetgnf said:
I think we used Harvin in this game like we should have . He did his job well decoy or primary target tonight . Can't use him like we did week one against Green Bay every game , or we won't have him for the long haul.

This.

I thought Harvin's presence was well-balanced between making plays as a receiver and drawing attention to open things up for the rest of the offense. When he did get the ball, he did a great job fighting for extra yards by making people miss and breaking tackles.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3f2hx0ko said:
What happened to using his speed to take the top off the defense? I haven't seen one deep pass to him yet this year.

He can get deep once in a while but its never been Percy Harvins game.

He has primarily been used on screens , crossing routes, sweeps, kickoff returns in Minny. He isn't a prototypical Wide out per say.

Basis4day

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3ke8fo9n said:

The deep ball has never been Harvin's calling card.

djb28

Reaction score
He sure makes a lot of money to be a decoy. DEEP THREAT, Lets go!

bandiger

Reaction score
djb28":ozn318xa said:
He sure makes a lot of money to be a decoy. DEEP THREAT, Lets go!

Stretching the field horizontally is a perfect fit for a guy like Wilson and Lynch to feast on. He's worth the money just like Lynch. We see the same plays with scrubs like Walters and Turbin and its not the same at all.

endzorn

Reaction score
I'm not a great football mind, but I don't think Harvin is as good a route runner as Baldwin or Kearse. Seems like we have to design plays specifically to get him the ball close to the LOS or he's not going to get open.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle was MONEY on the triple option jet sweep. They never actually handed it to Harvin, but every time they faked it to Harvin and then handed off to Lynch or had Wilson pass, it was a good result for Seattle every time.

Harvin had some nice plays at big spots in the game, including the final drive. The only thing that really frustrates me is how little of an impact he's had on KR. I'm at the point where I think they should put Baldwin on KR and move Harvin to PR.

Cartire

Reaction score
You guys really need to watch the All-22. Skip on the Pizza for a few weeks, and save the three trips for Game Rewind. Get the coaches view.

Harvin is consistently double teamed.

This already is worth his price.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I kept waiting for a jet sweep. :( They did use him as a bait to good effect today, but at some point defenses are going to stop biting (or they'll figure it out: "Hey, looks like Harvin's on limited duty for this game...") . He looked like a duck in a shooting gallery today - back and forth, back and forth...

I must say he got plenty of respect as a kick-off returner. I think they let him catch it once, deep in the end zone so it might not have even been on purpose.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
As soon as teams stop respecting it they'll give it to him to light them up.

The threat of the sweep is more valuable than the actual play in terms of an entire game, just like Wilson keeping the read option.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I hated his idiotic decision to return that kickoff in the 4th quarter. It was very stupid and contributed to our 4th quarter collapse.

Cartire

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1jtdfwc5 said:
As soon as teams stop respecting it they'll give it to him to light them up.

The threat of the sweep is more valuable than the actual play in terms of an entire game, just like Wilson keeping the read option.

Exactly. Percy's threat is so great, regardless of him being targeted. It opens up everyones game. And occasionally, when the defense gets lazy to that fact, Percy makes another first down.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3ak929dg said:

Typically he's used closer to the line of scrimmage, as his acceleration is elite. Check that, almost godly. He might not be faster than Richardson or Lockette at the top end, but he gets there in 2 steps. That lends itself to how he's being used better than just sending him on Go routes.

We're not sending anyone deep, which is troubling. On a positive note, Lockette keeps looking better and better as a WR, and Wilson seems to be trusting him.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Cartire":2l93gham said:
You guys really need to watch the All-22. Skip on the Pizza for a few weeks, and save the three trips for Game Rewind. Get the coaches view.

Harvin is consistently double teamed.

This already is worth his price.

Bears repeating.

Latest posts