Lynch laughing after the game

Crizilla

Reaction score
I have a feeling since he was not used at all by the coaching staff in this game (at least in the first half) he was smirking after the loss as a "hey look what happens when you dont run the beast" kind of thing. Anyone else think so? I could be wrong but I have no idea what happened or what was said after the game so fill me in. He was non existent for most of the game

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
He was talking to someone; I'm sure someone said something funny and he laughed. I never take these things as that big of a deal, especially from someone like Lynch who you know will give it 110% on every touch.

seabowl

Reaction score
Dude beats to a different drum. Remember, he's all about that action, boss. If he ain't got no action then he isn't interested.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah lynch hasn't taken a play off in a seahawk uniform so he can crack a brewski on the sidelines for all I care as long as it's bevell's tire he be pissin on when the urge strikes.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
ok i get your guys' point. I agree. Possibly a "hey you guys aint gonna use me? ight i dont give a **** lol."

nanomoz

Reaction score
He was criminally underused.

Attributing his mirth to this fact is an immense leap.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
rideaducati":56llajxp said:
SIX yards per carry...TEN carries.

I agree that he was underused. Although when you only get 10 carries, one 32 yard run will severely boost that average. He was held under 5 yards on almost every run.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Not a big deal. Just Marshawn being himself.

Waiting for Mike Salk to blow it out of proportion tomorrow morning. Just like he did with Marshawn leaving the field early in San Diego.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was held to three yads or less I think four times, but had others of 5, 4 and the long run, Lynch wears down tacklers and you won't get consistent 5 yard plus runs if your not pounding in all game long, when the legs go on defense the tackles start trying to be made with arms instead of legs.

He should be seeing it 23 or 24 times a game really.

papashango

Reaction score
The "6 yards per carry" thing is a bit skewed. And I hate to be the one to use the whole "If you take that run out he only ran for....." type of arguments so I won't go there. But he really wasn't as effective as his stats would say. He literally had probably 2 good runs all day. BUT that being said, the carries were very limited. And Demarco was the same way. I believe Demarco probably had 3 or 4 good runs......but he got 30 carries. That's the difference. Lynch should've got more carries even if the run game wasn't working. The Cowboys and Demarco stuck with it until it worked. That's our gameplan. But for whatever reason....it wasn't today.

Not only that but there were some possession where they just kept throwing it. And throwing it with no success. I know Russ was great on Monday but there was no reason to abandon what makes this team move. This team is and always will be a run first team and its not good enough to be a pass 1st team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
papashango":2bg89q2q said:
The "6 yards per carry" thing is a bit skewed. And I hate to be the one to use the whole "If you take that run out he only ran for....." type of arguments so I won't go there. But he really wasn't as effective as his stats would say. He literally had probably 2 good runs all day. BUT that being said, the carries were very limited. And Demarco was the same way. I believe Demarco probably had 3 or 4 good runs......but he got 30 carries. That's the difference. Lynch should've got more carries even if the run game wasn't working. The Cowboys and Demarco stuck with it until it worked. That's our gameplan. But for whatever reason....it wasn't today.

Not only that but there were some possession where they just kept throwing it. And throwing it with no success. I know Russ was great on Monday but there was no reason to abandon what makes this team move. This team is and always will be a run first team and its not good enough to be a pass 1st team.

Thing is.. that's how Lynch eventually gets his big days more often than not.. he just flat wears down the defense and by the time the 4th quarter comes around, the defense is too exhausted to want any part of tackling him.

Same thing happened today on that go ahead drive. Murray was pretty well bottled up until then. That 3rd and 20 seemed to just take all the wind out of the defenses sails and sure enough.. he popped a couple big runs.

I just don't get how Bevell could not dial up some runs when it was visibly clear that Russ was off ALL day. He threw one pick on the final drive, but easily could have had 2 other picks .. he played his worst game as a Seahawk IMO.. and Bevell kept dialing up shotgun plays. Mind blowing.

papashango

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3v8j0i1b said:
papashango":3v8j0i1b said:

Thing is.. that's how Lynch eventually gets his big days more often than not.. he just flat wears down the defense and by the time the 4th quarter comes around, the defense is too exhausted to want any part of tackling him.

Same thing happened today on that go ahead drive. Murray was pretty well bottled up until then. That 3rd and 20 seemed to just take all the wind out of the defenses sails and sure enough.. he popped a couple big runs.

I just don't get how Bevell could not dial up some runs when it was visibly clear that Russ was off ALL day. He threw one pick on the final drive, but easily could have had 2 other picks .. he played his worst game as a Seahawk IMO.. and Bevell kept dialing up shotgun plays. Mind blowing.

I agree. The run should've never been abandoned. Lynch should've had atleast 20+ carries but it was like they were in a rush to score. I would think after the Chargers loss we would start to win the clock battle. But that wasn't the case today. But props to the Cowboys and their coaches. They literally did everything they needed to do to win. EXCEPT not turnover the football. They did it 3 times......just like our meeting with them a few years ago but no matter how much momentum shifted it seemed like we just never completely got momentum on our side. Soon as we'd get it it would be 3rd and 20 and they'd convert it.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Credit needs to go to the Dallas game plan because they did exactly what San Diego did to us and controlled the ball. I'm sure they would have loved to have given the ball to Lynch more in the 1st half but we hardly had the ball. He was effective like he always is but we just couldn't get him the necessary carries (or receptions). My biggest complaint about today is our use of Harvin, he seems to only be a gimmick. he doesn't seem to even be a part of the offense except on screens and runs out of the backfield. If that is how we are going to use him I would much rather have had Tate back.