Very good article in Seattle Times

chrispy

Reaction score
My reaction is a little different. I don't think it's a problem of having too many weapons and being distracted as to which one to use. I think it's an issue with each of those weapons feeling like the team can cover for any of their individual mistakes. Baldwin had one circus catch last week, but dropped 2 he'd normally catch. Harvin did nothing all game. Wilson had the worst game in years. Our Dline is getting close, but can't close the deal. There are enough weapons that one person having a good game can make up for the others' poor game. That sentiment is different than last year. Everyone wanted the ball all the time and they were determined to score every down. Last week, the team was less prepared, less physical, and less clutch. I think that's why ADB was upset. You can tell that they're not competing, they're coasting. ... or they were last week. Maybe they just expect a win at home without putting in the effort. Maybe they'll wake up now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Not a very good article at all. Just the typical Bevell criticism and "run Lynch" more cries.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
chrispy":29ykh5jz said:
My reaction is a little different. I don't think it's a problem of having too many weapons and being distracted as to which one to use. I think it's an issue with each of those weapons feeling like the team can cover for any of their individual mistakes. Baldwin had one circus catch last week, but dropped 2 he'd normally catch. Harvin did nothing all game. Wilson had the worst game in years. Our Dline is getting close, but can't close the deal. There are enough weapons that one person having a good game can make up for the others' poor game. That sentiment is different than last year. Everyone wanted the ball all the time and they were determined to score every down. Last week, the team was less prepared, less physical, and less clutch. I think that's why ADB was upset. You can tell that they're not competing, they're coasting. ... or they were last week. Maybe they just expect a win at home without putting in the effort. Maybe they'll wake up now.

I like the "Wilson had the worst game in years" part.
As if to say he's been playing for 10 years...............
You do know he's only been in the league for 2 years, right?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2dbfsmf9 said:
Not a very good article at all. Just the typical Bevell criticism and "run Lynch" more cries.
Totally disagree Montana, and other than mistakenly using the word "array", instead of "Awry", he is exactly right, as Bevel isn't taking advantage of the star studded talent at his disposal.
He's trying to use the same plays that maybe worked a couple of weeks ago, but teams study and adjust accordingly, and it's squarely on Bevel to re-invent and game plan away from repetition.
There's not much (if any) guessing game by our opponents.
Needs to quit dialing the same number, and expecting someone else to answer :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Having too many weapons, someone look at the 49ers during the Siper Bowl years or the Chargers when Fouts played or the Packers early on with Holmgren. Those teams had weapons stacked and got them all used. It takes planning and vison and not being afraid to use the talent.

Latest posts