Christine Michael....please enlighten me

HawkEye

Reaction score
Before today's game, I read Ian Rapoport tweet saying "...Seahawks have Christine Michael. They'll be fine whenever they move on from Lynch."

I know Chistine Michael has shown good things so far, but can we really say we will be fine with him instead of Lynch?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
HawkEye":dtk40dsn said:
Before today's game, I read Ian Rapoport tweet saying "...Seahawks have Christine Michael. They'll be fine whenever they move on from Lynch."

I know Chistine Michael has shown good things so far, but can we really say we will be fine with him instead of Lynch?

I thought he has shown promise this year, very few pass protection situations though... He bursts through the hole like his hair is on fire, and he is always so mad when he gets tackled. Not saying he is going to be as good as Lynch, but I like his attitude and what he has showed so far.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Rapaport didn't tweet that, he responded to someone that tweeted that sentence to him.

mikeak

Reaction score
I feel comfortable with putting the franchise on a player that gets back to the LOS and signals first down ...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":1fy8f2xs said:
Rapaport didn't tweet that, he responded to someone that tweeted that sentence to him.

Yeah he didn't say that at all.

This is the exact tweet,

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/526393889339756544[/tweet]

Someone said they still have Michael, then Rapoport responded with the "And yet… Expect one early in the draft."

If anything this is concerning about cmike/depth.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I don't see how Seahawks wanting to draft a RB in the draft is "concerning". When Lynch is gone, We'll just have Michael, Trubin, Coleman. Spencer Ware isn't ready to be a RB yet. They need to draft a RB for depth, but I doubt they'll use one on their first pick.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I think the guy is really, really good at finding small creases and gaining positive yards getting through those creases. To me, that means he has real good RB vision which was Alexander's biggest asset as a RB. He is a downhill type runner that I believe could be an excellent replacement for Lynch. He is not as powerful as Beast, but who is? It looks to me like he's faster though. That will depend on his ability to line up correctly, carry out his assignments correctly and most of all, hold on to the ball!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete's gonna earn every cent of his salary this year trying to manage Lynch for the next 2-3 months.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm going to be bummed when Lynch is gone. There will be a dropoff regardless of who replaces him.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HawkFan72":bbf5g1rp said:
I'm going to be bummed when Lynch is gone. There will be a dropoff regardless of who replaces him.
Same here. I doubt I'll see another Seahawk RB like Marshawn in my lifetime.
I'd be surprised to see any NFL RB with that combination of moves, power, physicality, plus catching ability.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
dumbrabbit":b9n3hjgg said:
I don't see how Seahawks wanting to draft a RB in the draft is "concerning". When Lynch is gone, We'll just have Michael, Trubin, Coleman. Spencer Ware isn't ready to be a RB yet. They need to draft a RB for depth, but I doubt they'll use one on their first pick.

Ware's not on the team anymore. Waived in the last cutdown IIRC.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I have been excited to see Christine Michael on thei field since we drafted him. But so far I haven't seen anything that makes me believe he is a starting caliber RB in the NFL. I know he has barely hit the field and has a very limited number of carries so far. But so far I haven't seen the exciting player I had been hoping for. He has tremendous speed and potential but At this point i don't believe he is the guy to fill Lynch's shoes when he does leave the team.

jake206

Reaction score
Guess Rappaport hasn't seen Michael's fumbles. Until Christine can show that he can take major hits without losing the ball, he'll never replace Lynch.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I haven't seen him drop an easy pass from Wilson in the endzone when we desperately needed a touchdown before the end of the first half... so no, he's no Lynch! That's for sure!!!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":15sf0kf0 said:

Key words, "If Anything" and I also included the bolded in that comment.

firebee

Reaction score
HawkEye":3g536llg said:

As long as we don't ask him to block or catch, he'll be fine.

Basis4day

Reaction score
firebee":2nwfd6q4 said:
HawkEye":2nwfd6q4 said:

As long as we don't ask him to block or catch, he'll be fine.

Too bad that it's essential to playing RB.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
tom sawyer":o5qx9n5l said:
I haven't seen him drop an easy pass from Wilson in the endzone when we desperately needed a touchdown before the end of the first half... so no, he's no Lynch! That's for sure!!!

Do you have a full understanding of the word myopic?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have a hard time with anyone saying "I haven't seen anything resembling a starting NFL running back" It's nearly universal the guy is very talented with some scouts saying the most talented to enter the league in a decade. That is pretty high praise. I think he has looked very good in limited action. From a physical standpoint he looks great. He has a couple of tough first down runs in limited action.

Like Aros posted it is yet to be seen if he can mentally figure it out and he will need to if he wants to be a starter in this league. He has all world talent and I hope he figures it out. I'm rambling but the comments questioning his ability are baffling.