Former 49ers FB Will Tukuafu signed by Hawks

DavidSeven

Reaction score
LB is Fort's natural position, and I believe he's being promoted up at that spot. They did try him out at FB as well, though.

pehawk

Reaction score
I like the Tukuafu signing, a lot. Maybe now that a nimble FB option isn't available, we see a bit more of a power scheme?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Good. Turbin wasn't going to handle the lead blocking duties of fullback position all season, but I did like the split back formations with him and Lynch running the read option game with Russell.

pehawk

Reaction score
Read on PFT he could rotate in along the defensive line too. That'd be cool...two roster spots in one.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2ro9aaeb said:
So, no link or any poop on this dude?

Tukuafu gives the team another option in the backfield in the wake of Derrick Coleman’s broken foot, although his portfolio may not end at opening holes for Marshawn Lynch. Carroll said that Tukuafu could also see time on the defensive line, which is where he played in college and at points during his tenure with the 49ers
[urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/29/seahawks-sign-will-tukuafu-promote-l-j-fort-from-practice-squad/[/urltargetblank]

Tukuafu is a 30-year old former undrafted free agent out of Oregon that actually signed with the Hawks in 2010. He was released and caught on with the Niners, where he played fullback and defensive end. Pete Carroll mentioned that once Tukuafu gets up to speed, the team "absolutely" can use him at defensive end as well.
[urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/10/29/7101609/seahawks-will-tukuafu-l-j-fort-injury-report[/urltargetblank]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
6,3 and 295lbs? That's a big boy.

Surprisingly old for a guy that entered the draft in 2010 too, 31 at the turn of the New Year. I guess they also want to see more of Turbin at running back given we'll likely be moving on from Lynch next year. The Raiders 'should' provide one of those games where we can afford to let Turbin and Michael carry more of the load.

northseahawk

Reaction score
I actually thought he was a monster for the 49ers when Bruce Miller went down for a few games last year. Love this signing.

OP
OP
N

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
No idea what Tukuafu's current weight is, but FWIW he measured at 6-2 5/8 and 266 pounds at his Pro Day at Oregon back in March of 2010.

Another interesting tidbit about Tuku....he has 15 brothers and sisters. Fifteen, man.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
293 pound FB....ground and pound is coming back! I'd like to see some opposing players on the ground when Lynch is following Tukuafu.

CANHawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2hyo1nqf said:
No idea what Tukuafu's current weight is, but FWIW he measured at 6-2 5/8 and 266 pounds at his Pro Day at Oregon back in March of 2010.

Another interesting tidbit about Tuku....he has 15 brothers and sisters. Fifteen, man.
dude... it's a vagina, not a clown car!

Latest posts