Baalke and Kelly Fired..

Jville

Reaction score
Jville":1c7wejjh said:
GeekHawk":1c7wejjh said:
I'm not sure you can fire an owner.

Yea ...... probably should declare that question answered. .

And today confirmation ....... .Jed York: I own the 49ers, and you don’t dismiss owners >>>>>>>[urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/02/jed-york-i-own-the-49ers-and-you-dont-dismiss-owners/[/urltargetblank]

chris98251

Reaction score
lol it's my ball and I am not going to play unless it's by my rules lol.

Now someone teach me what the rules are so I can break them like Dallas, N.E. and the old 49ers, Eddie doesn't talk to me anymore.

Jville

Reaction score
Presscom2F20152F052Frichie rich cartoon photos

He took their money ... then their pride ... then he stuck forty niner faithful signage in their eyes.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3gpk0yx1 said:
Hmmm, just a couple of short years ago I remember hearing from our niner visitors that Baalke was better than JS. :lol:
.... and now the Trentster is about to be 86'ed????

Maybe Jedthro will pull a Jerruh Jones and be the GM as well, and maybe go a step further and coach. 8)
Talk about TOTAL CONTROL!
From who? 49ers fans have hated Baalke since Harbaugh. He's been known as Baalknee since 2012.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":1948n8oe said:
lol it's my ball and I am not going to play unless it's by my rules lol.

Now someone teach me what the rules are so I can break them like Dallas, N.E. and the old 49ers, Eddie doesn't talk to me anymore.

It's our first perfect sports example of the new acceptability. I was born rich, I'm genetically chosen to be!!

York needs to cap this off by hiring McDaniels as his new HC.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Jed York, apologizing for not raising a super bowl banner in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabfo4FaULw

the trust fund baby.

He says two years ago that the fans should hold him accountable.

A journalist asks him why if Harbaugh is winning games, why is he not the coach?

If you have a coach that is so successful, why can't you make that work? Why can't you retain him?

York: We've had philosophical discussions, we couldn't agree.

Can you shed some light on the philosophical discussions? York: private discussions.

Why are you confident you can get a better coach?

answer ends up being - there are lots of other coaches out there.

it's so awesome when rich men put their children in charge of things.

uncle fester

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":25aa2hce said:
Sports Hernia":25aa2hce said:
Hmmm, just a couple of short years ago I remember hearing from our niner visitors that Baalke was better than JS. :lol:

Maybe Jedthro will pull a Jerruh Jones and be the GM as well, and maybe go a step further and coach. 8)
From who? 49ers fans have hated Baalke since Harbaugh. He's been known as Baalknee since 2012.

Nope, not having it. This forum was awash with 9ers fans during the Harbaugh tenure, claiming Baalke was a superior GM to Schneider and the franchise was set for years, based on his drafts. Almost every week another one would appear reiterating the same rose-tinted party line. Got sick of seeing it.

You may question its occurrence as those posters are nowhere to be found now.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Those fans are projecting toward being Giants and Warriors fans. The way the Yorks have Yorked over the sbl holders, the soccer fields next to Levi's and Great America has been, just, York. Even for the Bay Area.

Perhaps this will be resolved when they make condos out of the corporate seating.

xgeoff

Reaction score
uncle fester":2oppsm54 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2oppsm54 said:
Sports Hernia":2oppsm54 said:

Nope, not having it. This forum was awash with 9ers fans during the Harbaugh tenure, claiming Baalke was a superior GM to Schneider and the franchise was set for years, based on his drafts. Almost every week another one would appear reiterating the same rose-tinted party line. Got sick of seeing it.

I had a long discussion with an uber driver in San Francisco in October. He was an avid 49ers fan and when I tried to point out to him that the 9ers simply lacked talent and that their owner and GM were the core problem, he disagreed vigorously. He pointed out, correctly, that Jim Harbaugh had won with the talent that Baalke provided.

He didn't get it when I pointed out to him that the only reason the 9ers won was because of Harbaugh, not because of any bountiful talent that Baalke provided. There were many 9ers fans who have only soured on Baalke over the course of this season, when they should've known a long time ago that the Baalke/York show was a dumpster fire that Harbaugh had been covering for.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
uncle fester":11p8lshq said:
5_Golden_Rings":11p8lshq said:
Sports Hernia":11p8lshq said:

Every fan base has idiots, but those of us 49er fans who aren't retarded know that SCOT MCCLOUHAN is the one who built the roster Harbaugh won with (and Mike Nolan as well had a hand in it).

The only "good" draft Balknee had was 2011, and even that one went down the tubes with Aldumb Smith throwing away his career.

At 2012 it was still possible to believe Balknee was good, up until you realized that A.J. Jenkins still hadn't caught a single pass by week 10. At that point any sane 49er fan had to be asking questions, even with the trade from Alex Smith that netted so many draft picks (this is the only reason doubt could still be in the air: Baalke has indeed been good at getting a bunch of picks, and before it was realized that Thomas, Caradine, etc were garbage, it is completely reasonable to think Baalke wasn't bad. But towards the end of that season, and especially the next one... ).

By the time 2013 rolled around and there were rumors of a Harbaugh trade, real questions had to be asked, and doubt would be unavoidable for a 49er fan... and by the time 2014 came, the only people arguing for Balknee were the ones with their heads in the forbidden crevasse of denial deep within their own asses.

xgeoff":11p8lshq said:
uncle fester":11p8lshq said:
5_Golden_Rings":11p8lshq said:
Sports Hernia":11p8lshq said:

I had a long discussion with an uber driver in San Francisco in October. He was an avid 49ers fan and when I tried to point out to him that the 9ers simply lacked talent and that their owner and GM were the core problem, he disagreed vigorously. He pointed out, correctly, that Jim Harbaugh had won with the talent that Baalke provided.

He didn't get it when I pointed out to him that the only reason the 9ers won was because of Harbaugh, not because of any bountiful talent that Baalke provided. There were many 9ers fans who have only soured on Baalke over the course of this season, when they should've known a long time ago that the Baalke/York show was a dumpster fire that Harbaugh had been covering for.

He must have been a bandwagon jumper, as by NOW any real 49er fan knows two things:

(1) The roster Harbaugh won with was built by Scot McCloughan (and even Mike Nolan to a degree).
(2) By 2016 most of the pieces Scot put there were long gone, so the argument that Harbaugh won with the same roster is idiotic.

My guess is you chanced upon a bandwagon fan who joined in 2011.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3r5wgnzy said:

If this happened, TBF it was, as you say, a few years ago, before both TB and JS really crapped the bed multiple years in a row with drafting.

I think you'd be VERY hard pressed to argue that across the last four drafts the Seahawks drafted better than the 9ers.

I mean, neither of them drafted well, but I don't think fans of either franchise should be gloating about their GM's abilities when talking about recent draft history. :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
uncle fester":14760e3a said:
5_Golden_Rings":14760e3a said:
Sports Hernia":14760e3a said:

I can only speak for myself but I haven't been much on this site lately because of my work situation and spending more time on political boards...not the massive suckage of the Niners.

As for Baalke>JS....um...no.

I defended Baalke on numerous occasions. That much is true, but I NEVER said he was better than JS.

Marvin49

Reaction score
xgeoff":3zcj3pl2 said:
uncle fester":3zcj3pl2 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3zcj3pl2 said:

He must have been a bandwagon jumper, as by NOW any real 49er fan knows two things:

(1) The roster Harbaugh won with was built by Scot McCloughan (and even Mike Nolan to a degree).
(2) By 2016 most of the pieces Scot put there were long gone, so the argument that Harbaugh won with the same roster is idiotic.

My guess is you chanced upon a bandwagon fan who joined in 2011.

Don't buy the bolded completely. Baalke made some great picks and free agent signings early in his tenure and I still love the way he manipulated the draft in terms of moving around and acquiring picks...

...but he struck out ALOT in the past few years. He drafted quite a few good players that can fill out a roster, but doesn't look like he took ANY great players after 2011.

There is some talent in SF still. Young guys with upside...but it was time to move on. He had his chance and it was time to clean house.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":25h6futy said:
Sports Hernia":25h6futy said:

If this happened, TBF it was, as you say, a few years ago, before both TB and JS really crapped the bed multiple years in a row with drafting.

I think you'd be VERY hard pressed to argue that across the last four drafts the Seahawks drafted better than the 9ers.

I mean, neither of them drafted well, but I don't think fans of either franchise should be gloating about their GM's abilities when talking about recent draft history. :lol:
This was being said by niner fans both no longer here and by some names you'd clearly recognize. :)

There is no doubt Seattle's drafts have gotten worse since the 2011, 2012 drafts, as that will happen when you have less holes to fill when you have a team that is talent rich and goes to back to back Super Bowls.

They have been striking out more and they have failed pretty bad at drafting offensive line IMO, with Britt being the lone exception and he didn't start playing well consistently until they moved him to center this year. I think Ifedi will eventually pan out, but the jury is still out on him.

Plus it's human nature to believe that you are invincible when you hit homeruns on just about every pick in those drafts, and you start taking riskier picks that didn't pan out. Also when guys are not on the field due to be often injured like Prosise, and Richardson it makes your drafting look worse.

Frank Clark was a great pick, as was Tyler Lockett, Richardson and Prosise have shown flashes on the rare times they haven't been injured.

I'd still say Seattle has outdrafted SF consistently despite Seattle stubbing their toes in a few drafts and the results on the field say the same thing. YMMV of course.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":br8tponj said:
Sports Hernia":br8tponj said:

I won't deny JS has struck out a few times in the draft since 2013, but shit the bed? That's a biased Niners fan opinion. As Hernia stated, both Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett have been great picks, and Justin Britt has finally found his feet. Also, while Paul Richardson and C. J. Prosise have struggled with injury, both have shined in limited opportunities. Really, he's only blown the 2013 draft, and while only Luke Willson remains from that class, even Spencer Ware turned out pretty good for KC. Compare that to Baalke, whose only remaining players from the 2011 and 2012 drafts still on the Niners roster are Colin Kaepernick and Daniel Kilgore.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":mrca53pn said:
Popeyejones":mrca53pn said:
Sports Hernia":mrca53pn said:

I won't deny JS has struck out a few times in the draft since 2013, but shit the bed? That's a biased Niners fan opinion. As Hernia stated, both Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett have been great picks, and Justin Britt has finally found his feet. Also, while Paul Richardson and C. J. Prosise have struggled with injury, both have shined in limited opportunities. Really, he's only blown the 2013 draft, and while only Luke Willson remains from that class, even Spencer Ware turned out pretty good for KC. Compare that to Baalke, whose only remaining players from the 2011 and 2012 drafts still on the Niners roster are Colin Kaepernick and Daniel Kilgore.
Yeah the 2013 draft sucked.