NFC Week 14

ringless

Reaction score
Only 4 games remain, and I have to say this season has gone way too quick!

As things currently stand

AZ 9-3
Sea 8-4
SF 7-5
STL 5-7

Arizona will host the KC chiefs who currently sit at 7-5 and are also going through a lot of the same adversity. Both teams loss to a Super Bowl contender in the last two weeks, and both laid an egg on the road to inferior teams. Neither has shown that same intensity that got them to where they were and they both have everything on the line. I believe Arizona takes this at home, and shuts down the KC run attack, and I believe it to be a low scoring game with Arizona's inefficiency and ability to stop the run while Alex manages the game.

The Seahawks will travel to Philly in what could be there toughest remaining game on the schedule to play the 9-3 Eagles. It is a late start, and is suppose to be a Sunny 50 degrees at kickoff. With a Chip Kelly offense everything starts from the run, and goes through the run. Sanchez has played much better than anticipated considering he has been the joke of the league. This is a tough game, and if Seattle can't find a way to sustain some drives we could see the same thing happen that we've seen in their losses... The defense getting worn out. I think this is a game Seattle drops....

SF pretty much has a home game this week in Oakland and I expect them to dominate. After one of the most embarrassing games in franchise history I think they will come out on fire, some of it to do with how bad Oakland is. SF at this point has to win out to really have a shot at the playoffs or a wildcard spot, and this week they will get to live another week

STL, what can I say about this team. They have been playing lights out! Beating Denver, Seattle, SF, and putting up the biggest beat down of the year last week. This team I feel is playing the best football in the division right now, and thats with a lot of missing pieces! They go on to play the Redskins in Washington and I am hoping they win it, and the way they have been playing the last 5 weeks why not! Their playoff hopes are still technically alive while Washington has been eliminated.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I revise the Cardinals game to a loss.
Looks like our LT who has played lights out will be out, which means Houston will feast. Our RG will be out with a high ankle sprain, and Tyrann may need surgery on his thumb and could be out another 3 weeks.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawk defense has gained it's championship form, and I don't see Philly running on us as well as they would like. Also, Sanchez has not faced this D. If we can get TD's vs FG's we win this.

KC will be coming right at AZ. and AZ. has a lot of question marks hanging over their heads right now.

Rams are rolling right now, while SF is a turkey..... :D

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Tyrann is getting surgery on his thumb and will be out until week 17.
Our RG is expected to be out for four weeks and be available for the first playoff game if we make it.
Ellington is questionable for this game, but should be back against St Louis at the latest.

byau

Reaction score
I am fearful that people here are overestimating the Seahawks and/or underestimating the Eagles.

And since I take the Seahawks forum as a microcosm that is indicative of the Seahawks at large, it makes me fearful that the Seahawks may come in overconfident.

The Eagles from what I remember only have one major injury, Nick Foles. And Sanchez is more than suitable to run this offense. Everyone else is healthy I believe, and they are really athletic, fast, and well conditioned. Chip Kelly has focused on a lot of conditioning this year and sports science. I had thought that over the course of a season it might wear them down but they seem to be going strong.

The defensive line smacked the Cowboys all-important O-line which is what made the Cowboys go.

The Eagles seem to really ride off their special teams and defense. The offense is a bonus.

The Seahawks really need to bring their A+ game for this one.

Largent80

Reaction score
byau":31jj741c said:
The defensive line smacked the Cowboys all-important O-line which is what made the Cowboys go.

The Eagles seem to really ride off their special teams and defense. The offense is a bonus.

2 things.

1st... Dallas O-Line played well in that stretch of 5 games when we faced them and since has been nowhere near that level of play. They also got manhandled by a crappy Wash. team on their own turf.

2nd...You described the Seahawks with the 2nd sentence.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Based on current NFL rankings Philadelphia has played 3 teams with defenses ranked in the top 10 in total rushing yards allowed. McCoy went for:

Arizona (#6) 21 carries for 83 yards (loss)
San Fran (#8) 10 carries for 17 yards (loss)
Washington (#9) 19 carries for 22 yards (win)

Seattle is #5 on the same list.

In his big games in the month of November he faced:

Houston (#17)
Tennessee (#32)
Dallas (#22)

Shut down Shady and we win handily, IMO. Sanchez can't beat us without a strong running game.

byau

Reaction score
Largent80":be9jrtr4 said:
byau":be9jrtr4 said:

2 things.

1st... Dallas O-Line played well in that stretch of 5 games when we faced them and since has been nowhere near that level of play. They also got manhandled by a crappy Wash. team on their own turf.

2nd...You described the Seahawks with the 2nd sentence.

2nd point: yes I did. The game I expected on Thanksgiving against the 49ers is the one I expect with Philly also, but I think they will actually bring it. Physical, athletic, hustle

Largent80

Reaction score
It is a decent match up on paper that is for sure, then mix in intangibles and the fact our team is road, playoff, and super bowl tested and I LIKE our chances.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":765evahw said:
........Shut down Shady and we win handily, IMO. Sanchez can't beat us without a strong running game.
Completely agree though I don't see "handily" unless Hawks get all, or nearly all TDs in the red zone.

NINEster

Reaction score
Largent80":5kpaxb4z said:
It is a decent match up on paper that is for sure, then mix in intangibles and the fact our team is road, playoff, and super bowl tested and I LIKE our chances.

I still think the questions about the Seahawk offense are very much in play. Two defensive oriented division wins do not vindicate the offensive side of the ball.

Eagles will come to play. That was an unexpected beating they gave Dallas.

The Seahawks like the rest of the NFC West have all proven one thing this season with their offenses:

They all look GREAT with a lead, and like S**** trailing in a nice hole.

Largent80

Reaction score
NINEster":2qdiuusj said:
Largent80":2qdiuusj said:

Unexpected by who?..you?, did you expect the Seahawks to dominate the 9ers?

Dallas has been over rated all year except for a 5 game stretch, since then, they are terrible actually and I knew Philly would give them a game.

14 penalties and points taken off the board by refs have nothing to do with how the offense operates, and frankly considering we have a different o-line every week and a new TE, we are getting it going quite well.

I'll say it again. Philly has NOT faced a defense like the Seahawks are playing now, and the bad news for the rest of the league is they are healthy at the right time.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":1e613ob2 said:
Largent80":1e613ob2 said:

I still think the questions about the Seahawk offense are very much in play. Two defensive oriented division wins do not vindicate the offensive side of the ball.

The Seahawks like the rest of the NFC West have all proven one thing this season with their offenses:

They all look GREAT with a lead, and like S**** trailing in a nice hole.

Seahawks offense is averaging 361 yards of offense this year (13th in the league) and is 11th in scoring (24.8 PPG) so in the upper half of the league for both metrics. They haven't been perfect but they have been "good" so you are way off base. Of course, you are dead on about your own team ... 22nd in yards and 25th in scoring ...

As far as the last 2 division games ... in both cases they were in position to score more points and chose to try and run out the clock instead. Against AZ we were inside the 10 and took a knee so that 19 could have easily been 22 or more. Against SF we went for it on 4th and 2 while we were in FG range thinking we could get it and then run out the clock. Again that 19 could have easily been 22.

The offense the last few games has been fine overall - now we just need to convert in the red zone better (no one will argue that) and we will be scoring close to 30+ vs. 20.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":16tkyvip said:
NINEster":16tkyvip said:
Largent80":16tkyvip said:

Dallas has been over rated all year except for a 5 game stretch, since then, they are terrible actually and I knew Philly would give them a game.

14 penalties and points taken off the board by refs have nothing to do with how the offense operates, and frankly considering we have a different o-line every week and a new TE, we are getting it going quite well.

I'll say it again. Philly has NOT faced a defense like the Seahawks are playing now, and the bad news for the rest of the league is they are healthy at the right time.
I said it a few weeks ago Seattle is a bad matchup for Philadelphia just see how San Francisco handled them but remember Keapernick can't even carry Wilson's jock.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1gay6nv3 said:
Largent80":1gay6nv3 said:
NINEster":1gay6nv3 said:
Largent80":1gay6nv3 said:

I said it a few weeks ago Seattle is a bad matchup for Philadelphia just see how San Francisco handled them but remember Keapernick can't even carry Wilson's jock.

I think Wilson would let Kaepernick carry his dirty jock.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I thought the Cards would lose on the road to us and to the Falcons as well but I don't think they lose at home to the Chiefs. They'll find a way to win that one. Chiefs are a perfect matchup for the Cards defense and at home I think Stanton can do enough to win.

drdiags

Reaction score
Looking at the last 6 games of the season, I didn't expect a win in KC, figured to hold serve at home against the Cards and was worried about playing in San Fran given the teams lack of success in the Bay Area during Pete's time here. I was hoping the team kept their playoff hopes alive with a win in Philly.

Flash ahead to today. I think it is going to be a tough game, but hopefully the D is ready for any kind of exotic formations or other tweaks the Eagles throw at them. I am not discounting the Eagles but give the edge to the Seahawks. I learned my lesson from the Dallas game as far as looking down on the NFC East. Philly is legit. Sanchez is the wild card.

9ers vs Raiders. This is a 9ers win. I may not pull for them but I would be shocked if they drop this game. They have been counted out before in this season, most figured they lose in New Orleans and they over came. They have a legit chance to rebound and capture the division. Not expecting an easy out. An upset would be cool but highly doubt it.

Rams vs Washington. Rams have buzzard's luck. There is no way they should have lost that game in San DIego. They are a much better team than Washington though McCoy put up nice numbers in a losing cause last week.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawks @ Philly. Tough game. I was front row in Philly for the Rams game. That is a great crowd and a great homefield. It is fortunate for the Hawks that the weather is predicted to be sunny - it was this exact after Thanksgiving weekend last year that was the Detroit @Philly blizzard snow game. That would suck for Hawks. So, weather is on your side.

Last week was Hawks "We are back" statement. It needs to be finished up with a win in Philly to have credence....and Philly is a good team. Hawks D is better, so it comes down to that. Close game, Hawks win at the end.

SF @ Oakland. Not sure. Niners should build on what Rams did and have a similar harsh score. But, seems to be some rivalry there and Raiders did just beat KC at home, and SF is kinda reeling. Do they come back and prove they are strong, or faulter and Raiders take advantage of some weakness? Prolly SF wins, but I would not be surprised if Raiders win or it's close.

Rams @ Skins. Rams should win this one. However, that is a meaningless statement to say about the Rams right now. They have not won two consecutive games all year. Need to do it now. If they lose this week, it's worse than the game one Vike loss. If they win, needs to be solid. If this team is becoming, they need to win this week and next. Beat the teams they should.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
sorry but theres no way the seahawks are losing this week. philly is overrated. sanchez wont know what the hell to do against the LoB.

cardinals lose another game.

sf wins in a close fight (srs)

rams win easily.

dare i say it.. arizona doesnt make the playoffs.