Seahawks Niners rivalry????

Ramfan128

Reaction score
So it cracks me up that all off season, all we heard about was the 49ers and Seahawks, and how dominant those two are. And don't get me wrong, I know there is some hatred there.

And then how they've supplanted Pittsburgh and Baltimore as the best NFL rivalry.

But if you actually look at the results, Seattle has completely dominated SF....

Point differentials in order beginning in Russel Wilson's rookie year:

SF by 6 (in SF)

SEA by 29 (in SEA)

SEA by 26 (in SEA)

SF by 2 (in SF)

SEA by 6 (In SEA - playoffs)

SEA by 16 (in SF)

With the 7th meeting in three years coming in 9 days....in Seattle....after they already beat down the Niners in SF this year.

In 6 games, 3 home games for each team, Seattle is 4-2 with the two losses coming by a combined 8 points. Seattle is plus 69, for an average margin of victory of 11.5 pts

Long story short, the Niners are not on Seattle's level. Not even close. By comparison, let's see how my Rams have done against Wilson and the Seahawks. Point differentials for Rams/Seahawks beginning Russel Wilson's rookie year:

STL by 6 (STL)

SEA by 7 (SEA)

SEA by 5 (STL)

SEA by 18 (SEA)

STL by 2 (STL)

It's important to note that three of these games were played by Kellen Clemens/Austin Davis. Anyway, through 5 contests thus far, SEA is plus 22, for an average margin of victory of 5.4 pts

I'll even go on to guess that Niners lose in Seattle worse than we will in week 17.

Kaepernick looks bad, Harbaugh is all but out the door.

And while we're on the topic of the NFC West, I have never seen Arizona as a credible threat. Arians has done a good job, but I see the Rams and Seahawks as the teams at the top after this year.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
No crap, the Rams scare me more than the 49ers. And that's not some ill considered hasty dig at the 49ers, Rams just seem to bring their best for Seattle whilst the 49ers choke.

I am genuinely worried at the prospect of St.Louis with a legitimate QB. Send them to London already!

pehawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":erv0e64z said:
No crap, the Rams scare me more than the 49ers. And that's not some ill considered hasty dig at the 49ers, Rams just seem to bring their best for Seattle whilst the 49ers choke.

I am genuinely worried at the prospect of St.Louis with a legitimate QB. Send them to London already!

A mod told me Somerset already reserved "SomersetRam" as a screen name. Wish-washy bastard...

Largent80

Reaction score
After a decade of multiple 1st round pics the Rams are poised for a run, but are short in QB talent.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":b6w2o856 said:
SomersetHawk":b6w2o856 said:

A mod told me Somerset already reserved "SomersetRam" as a screen name. Wish-washy bastard...

You sleeping with Mizzou again?

pehawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":30ug3p3y said:
pehawk":30ug3p3y said:
SomersetHawk":30ug3p3y said:

Just because I dress nice, tan, and get $80 haircuts doesn't mean I'm a homosexual (aka "cigarette" in England), racist.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":st0j6b7q said:
SomersetHawk":st0j6b7q said:
pehawk":st0j6b7q said:
SomersetHawk":st0j6b7q said:

Just because I dress nice, tan, and get $80 haircuts doesn't mean I'm a homosexual (aka "cigarette" in England), racist.

And the tattoo wasn't just a show of complete overcompensation? Lemme guess, your eyebrows are way over plucked but you like the way they look when you wear your lensless glasses? You're also listening to Prince's 'the chocolate invasion' right now, aren't you?

And effewe! I can support the Rams if I want to, they always draft my favourite players.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
In theory our games should be very competitive and good. But ever since Kaepernick became the starter, you guys have had our number. While I'm not a big fan of Alex, I think if he were still our QB our recent matchups would have been much closer. You guys are in Kaepernick's head.

Right now I believe Harbaugh and PC are split ever since JH came to the league.

2011, SF sweep Seattle

2012, split, 3-1 SF lead

2013 regular season, split 4-2 SF

2013 post season, seattle win in seattle. Series of PC VS JH @ 4-3 in favor of JH.

2014, seattle has won the first game, likely to win the second game in seattle.

So far we've split our games since JH took over with both JH and PC having a record of 4-4 against each other (as far as seattle vs SF). Considering this, it's more even than you think.

When it's all said in done, PC would've had the better record at 5-4 vs 4-5 of JH after the season when Harbaugh is likely gone.

Another tidbit, 3 of the wins have come with Alex as our QB and only one win has come from Kaepernick (in the JH VS PC era). It shows how much Kap blows against Seattle.

pehawk

Reaction score
Rams will be legit next year. The past few years everyone's been smelling their mule in the preseason...and only one person has been saying "no, the Cardinals are the other threat". Oh, that one person was me, btw.

Rams are bonafide now, IMO. I'm keeping an eye out for a veteran QB to be cut who may fit their bill. There's a shot Ben could get cut, at least their was at the beginning of the year. Or they could trade for a Mike Glennon? Jay Cutler? Someone...

They need a vet to tutor the "goofus" version of Fisher's new McNair, Jameis Winston. Fisher IS drafting him.

Cartire

Reaction score
A rivalry is not just determined on equal play of both teams. Being scared of the Rams doesnt make them a better rival, it just makes them a more even matchup for a better game.

Hatred, disdain, vitriol, heartbreaks, buildup. Thats what makes a good rivalry. Hell, until this year, the home team had never lost, so its not like the point difference was that big of a factor since a win is a win in the NFL.

I think the Rams are a far better matchup against us the SF. But if I had to choose each year who I wanted to beat if I could only beat one, it would be the 9ers.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":1s7l6p8e said:
Rams will be legit next year. The past few years everyone's been smelling their mule in the preseason...and only one person has been saying "no, the Cardinals are the other threat". Oh, that one person was me, btw.

Rams are bonafide now, IMO. I'm keeping an eye out for a veteran QB to be cut who may fit their bill. There's a shot Ben could get cut, at least their was at the beginning of the year. Or they could trade for a Mike Glennon? Jay Cutler? Someone...

They need a vet to tutor the "goofus" version of Fisher's new McNair, Jameis Winston. Fisher IS drafting him.
Meh, the Rams are the 49ers before Harbaugh always being picked to win yet always finding a way to lose and get high draft pick after high draft pick which somehow never quite play up to their potential.

pehawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1tsgaozz said:
pehawk":1tsgaozz said:

Meh, the Rams are the 49ers before Harbaugh always being picked to win yet always finding a way to lose and get high draft pick after high draft pick which somehow never quite play up to their potential.

Totally agree. But, I think that's changed. They're ready.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":29s5xj9h said:
MizzouHawkGal":29s5xj9h said:
pehawk":29s5xj9h said:

Totally agree. But, I think that's changed. They're ready.
I will need more convincing but I can see why you might feel that way. It just seems they should be contenders but something ALWAYS happens. It's similar to how we never won on the road until we did.

ringless

Reaction score
Not only have the Seahawks outperformed the 49ers in their head to head match ups..... (in which the Thanksgiving game and epic aftermath is worth more than a Superbowl to me) The Seahawks also have a relevant Superbowl in that time period to top it off..... So it's really not even close

volsunghawk

Reaction score
It's funny. My main rival-based hatred tends to be toward the team that is Seattle's biggest challenger for the playoffs. Recently, that's been the 49ers.

But if all teams are equal threats or no other team is a threat or we're not a playoff contender, I default to hating the Rams. I think you can chalk it up to the 2004 season. Since that year, my hopes have always been (in order):

1. Win the SB.
2. Win the division.
3. Sweep the goddamn Rams.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":2o98eihz said:
Not only have the Seahawks outperformed the 49ers in their head to head match ups..... (in which the Thanksgiving game and epic aftermath is worth more than a Superbowl to me) The Seahawks also have a relevant Superbowl in that time period to top it off..... So it's really not even close
Yep, maybe Melvin is right in saying Seattle - SC isn't a rivalry.... Rivalrys are not this one sided as the meetings between these 2 teams have been of late. 8)

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2cmjnms3 said:
Get a room, ffs...

I'm NOT gay. Stop it, seriously, I'll threaten to sue.

Latest posts