More prayers for Eric Berry today

FireHawk79

Reaction score
That's not good news. But from what I have read it is very treatable. I hope he fully recovers and can play again. Too bad, such a young guy

kidhawk

Reaction score
Was going to add this to the original thread, but since this thread was started I'll post here.

"This is a diagnosis that is very treatable and potentially curable with standard chemotherapy approaches," Christopher R. Flowers, MD said. "The goal of Mr. Berry's treatment is to cure his lymphoma and we are beginning that treatment now."

Berry has received a lot of support from his team and the NFL community. The Arizona Cardinals wore shirts in support of Berry before facing the Chiefs on Sunday. Chiefs teammate Justin Houston lifted his jersey after a sack to reveal Berry's number. The Chiefs, meanwhile, are selling t-shirts to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000440988/article/chiefs-eric-berry-diagnosed-with-hodgkin-lymphoma[/urltargetblank]

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I have a friend who dealt with Hodgkins Lymphoma...his was far enough along that he had to have surgery along with the chemo, but he's cured. Best wishes to Eric Berry that he can beat this thing.

Erebus

Reaction score
If he beats it, what does that mean for his playing days? Would he likely be back to start next year?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Isn't this what Mario Lemieux had as well?

Hoping for a full recovery.