The 49ers’ Ray McDonald hypocrisy - Kawakami 12/17/14

Jville

Reaction score
Multifaceted 49er tragedies continue to go on and on. And in so doing ...... make Tim Kawakami relevant.

The 49ers did what they had to do–they released Ray McDonald a day after San Jose Police began to investigate him on suspicion of sexual assault–but only when it was impossible for them to do anything else.

And long after both McDonald and the 49ers burned up any benefit of the doubt for any of this.

...... if the 49ers have proven anything through this season it’s that they have a sliding scale of ethics and morality, and if you had to decide what they actually stand for, the simplest best answer is: Nothing.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/12/17/49ers-ray-mcdonald-hypocrisy/[/urltargetblank]

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I wasn’t at GM Trent Baalke’s presser, so I’ll leave the details up to those who were.

When I'm being generous I assume that Tim always sprinkles sentences like this in intentionally in order to drive his twitter and comments traffic.

Then I remember that he's been as self-serving, incurious, and ridiculous since I was a kid.

He's been at it for so long he's like how one of Bill O'Reilly's producers described him to me a few months ago when I suggested that I've always suspected that O'Reilly is dumb like a fox, and very self aware about the ridiculousness of the character he plays:

his producer replied that while that may have been true at one point, I hadn't considered how long he's been at it, and that the character, the schtick, and the brand are all the same thing, and it's a 24 hour a day job. Whatever wink or performance might have existed at first has just become embodied, and at this stage questioning self awareness or not basically misses the point.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Popeyejones":j11s4qyw said:
I wasn’t at GM Trent Baalke’s presser, so I’ll leave the details up to those who were.

When I'm being generous I assume that Tim always sprinkles sentences like this in intentionally in order to drive his twitter and comments traffic.

Then I remember that he's been as self-serving, incurious, and ridiculous since I was a kid.

He's been at it for so long he's like how one of Bill O'Reilly's producers described him to me a few months ago when I suggested that I've always suspected that O'Reilly is dumb like a fox, and very self aware about the ridiculousness of the character he plays:

his producer replied that while that may have been true at one point, I hadn't considered how long he's been at it, and that the character, the schtick, and the brand are all the same thing, and it's a 24 hour a day job. Whatever wink or performance might have existed at first has just become embodied, and at this stage questioning self awareness or not basically misses the point.

That is a rather off topic, dismissive and diversionary post.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely a little off topic but it's what thinking about Kawakami over the years reminded me of, and the person's observation was generally interesting enough (to me at least) to warrant inclusion.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jville":1ns744bp said:
Multifaceted 49er tragedies continue to go on and on. And in so doing ...... make Tim Kawakami relevant.

The 49ers did what they had to do–they released Ray McDonald a day after San Jose Police began to investigate him on suspicion of sexual assault–but only when it was impossible for them to Salvage their season and make the playoffs.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
"...... if the 49ers have proven anything through this season it’s that they have a sliding scale of ethics and morality, and if you had to decide what they actually stand for, the simplest best answer is: Nothing."

Not possible: ABOVE REPROACH!

nepahawk

Reaction score
Of course, they did release him, after they were eliminated from the playoffs.
I wonder how fast they release him, if they were still in contention?

rideaducati

Reaction score
nepahawk":14r23hat said:

We all know that answer.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":2teb66xd said:
nepahawk":2teb66xd said:

We all know that answer.

:lol:

This would be like me imagining a moral high ground for myself by saying that If Harvin had contributed more to the offense the Hawks would have been more tolerant of him beating up his teammates and being a general locker room cancer, of which they were tolerant for probably too long.

To that, most here would collectiely say "well, no crap, dumb@$$", and they would be absolutely correct. ;)

Just my meta 2 cents. :D

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":12gjmot0 said:
rideaducati":12gjmot0 said:
nepahawk":12gjmot0 said:

We all know that answer.

:lol:

This would be like me imagining a moral high ground for myself by saying that If Harvin had contributed more to the offense the Hawks would have been more tolerant of him beating up his teammates and being a general locker room cancer, of which they were tolerant for probably too long.

To that, most here would collectiely say "well, no crap, dumb@$$", and they would be absolutely correct. ;)

Just my meta 2 cents. :D
I guess I don't remember Harvin getting arrested.

Talented players getting extra rope is everywhere. But GMs touting due process just makes this funny, at Niner expense, of course.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":28vjk0qy said:
Good ol' Timmy can always be counted on.

Let us have our fun; we've suffered through our own share of nitwit beat writers over the years.... :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2a9mcw8q said:
Marvin49":2a9mcw8q said:
Good ol' Timmy can always be counted on.

Let us have our fun; we've suffered through our own share of nitwit beat writers over the years.... :)

More power to ya. :D

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Florio also putting the boot in. And he's right too: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ant-to-do/

So why did the 49ers stand steadfastly behind defensive lineman Ray McDonald when he was arrested but never charged with domestic violence but summarily dump him after a search warrant was served in connection with a rape investigation?

Short answer: NFL teams do whatever they want.

That’s the only way to reconcile the team’s loud adherence to due process in one case, and it’s lightning-fast discipline in another case.

What’s that, you say? McDonald created multiple distractions? So did Aldon Smith. And he’s still employed.

He’s still employed because he’s a much better player. If McDonald had played better this year, or if the 49ers still had a shot at getting to the postseason, McDonald would still be employed, too.

Excuses are made for the players deemed valuable to the team. Examples are made of the scrubs. That’s the way it will remain, even under the new personal conduct policy.

There is no defense.

Largent80

Reaction score
So, after a 15 page appollogetic thread on this douche and his previous legal problems, he then is accused of this?

Will there be another 200 posts on how it is a lie?

Hahahaha.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1hlilx8o said:
So, after a 15 page appollogetic thread on this douche and his previous legal problems, he then is accused of this?

Hahahaha.

They must give out cheat sheets in Santa Clara, to go with the tips on when to cheer or shout "OOOO AAAA OOOO".

'How to be an apologist for the franchise'

1. If the team decides not to fire a complete scumbag, it's because he still has some use on the field. Therefore you must diminish any charge or negative report about this individual. Being a real member of the 49ers Faithful is about doing your bit. Remember, covering our arse is just as important as remembering not to fight each other in the toilets.

2. If the team decides to eventually cut the scumbag, he is no longer of any use to us. In this scenario, celebrate the quick thinking of the GM and promote the values of the '49ers way'. Nobody needs to know about our real intentions -- a massive PR success job in the face of neglected responsibility. All that matters is the team looks good. Go Niners!

3. When the horn signals three times, it means it's 60 minutes until kick off. Oh hang on, this should be on the other cheat sheet.

Largent80

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":lyhddkyj said:
Largent80":lyhddkyj said:

Hahahaha.

They must give out cheat sheets in Santa Clara, to go with the tips on when to cheer or shout "OOOO AAAA OOOO".

'How to be an apologist for the franchise'

1. If the team decides not to fire a complete scumbag, it's because he still has some use on the field. Therefore you must diminish any charge or negative report about this individual. Being a real member of the 49ers Faithful is about doing your bit. Remember, covering our arse is just as important as remembering not to fight each other in the toilets.

2. If the team decides to eventually cut the scumbag, he is no longer of any use to us. In this scenario, celebrate the quick thinking of the GM and promote the values of the '49ers way'. Nobody needs to know about our real intentions -- a massive PR success job in the face of neglected responsibility. All that matters is the team looks good. Go Niners!

3. When the horn signals three times, it means it's 60 minutes until kick off. Oh hang on, this should be on the other cheat sheet.

Rob, I wanted to make sure I quoted you so the people that have you on ignore can read it..... :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
drdiags":1k2ctytg said:
But what about those that have you on ignore L80 ... j/k

I'll show myself out.

Hey, there's an idea. :D